PDA

View Full Version : Collinite vs. Zymol independent taste test

carlymac
12/03/2002, 11:05 AM
I have always swore by zymol products. However I recently ordered a wheelskins leather steering wheel cover from a auto goodies dealer. When I asked if he carried zymol he said no but he did have something better! How could this be? better than zymol! He offered to send me a can of collinite for nothing, provided I really tried it. I said what the heck. After claying the old zymol off the finish I began the amazingly simple task of applying this wax. EASY,EASY,EASY. With the zymol I had to wipe on, wipe off, mist with water, buff, wait 1-2-hours and buff again. Collinite takes half the time, costs half as much and has MORE carnuba than zymol! After waxing my white VX I had to wait a few days for a good sunny day to see the results. White sucks for showing depth of finish in wax. But I swear you could see depth with the collinite.IN FILIPPIN' WHITE PAINT. Like I said before, I was always kinda queer for zymol but now I'm a collinite man.

As for the taste test ZYMOL.............tastes like banannas

COLLINITE.......tastes like wounded *****
;Dy; .....;Dy; .....;Dy;

edyavno
12/03/2002, 01:20 PM
There's actually another thread going where people are very happy with collinite (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&threadid=147) .
I just ordered a couple of bottles myself.

On another note, what are you doing tasting different kinds of wax??? :freek:
And even better question begs to be asked, how do you know what a wounded ***** tastes like??? images/smilies/puke.gif
Whatever possessed you to do it, hope you're feeling better now :)

hitnrun74
12/03/2002, 03:00 PM
I can go with you on the taste test here. Collinite's only flaw is how bad it tastes if you mistakenly get some in your mouth. It's just straight-up rotten. Most of us who smoke and work on our cars have tasted everything that goes in or on our cars or interior. My advice is to steer clear of brake fluid. It should be used for serious interrogations only.

Baxman
12/03/2002, 06:02 PM
Anita mentioned "Collinite 845" in the other thread, but I don't see that product on the Collinite site. Which Collinite product is recommended?

Dallas4u
12/03/2002, 06:37 PM
Rick, I'm thinking of buying some of the #915 Marque d'Elegance myself... it's been a while since she's been waxed.

Cobrajet
12/03/2002, 06:41 PM
Collinite Insulator wax can be found under "Industrial Wax Products". I ordered mine from C.G. Edwards & Co. this past weekend. The link was listed in the other thread.

Anita
12/03/2002, 07:54 PM
http://www.cgedwards.com/Marinestore/collinite.html

#845 - Insulator Wax

Look toward the bottom of the page.

Baxman
12/04/2002, 07:36 PM
Thanks, all, I ordered tonight. Hopefully the weather will allow me to apply this stuff before next April!

I_Wanna_Retire
11/28/2003, 09:10 AM
Those that use the Collinite 845, does it seem to look better with two (or multiple) coats?

cowbellsrock
11/28/2003, 07:45 PM
i have to say that the best wax ive used and still use is Meguiars medallion paint protection. i use this following a orbital buffer application of meguiars medallion paint cleaner and show glaze

has anybody else used meguiars pro stuff and found something else better?