PDA

View Full Version : 15K Dealer Checkup

Bobster
01/15/2004, 06:02 PM
I'm getting ready for a 15,000 mile check up at a Local Isuzu Dealer. I'm mostly concerned in getting the transfer and diff fluids changed. I'm guessing they also go over/adjust engine settings, tighten loose bolts, etc. How long should I expect this to take? one, two, or more days? About how much should it costs? Worth it? At least one time? To see what kind of a job they will do?

Just looking for feed back from others who have had this checkup. I've read some horror stories. I'm in the Louisville, KY area and I think there is only one other VX around. So, the dealer will probably be a little green.

The only problem I've had is the rubber around the headlights and I just glued it back on.

Raque Thomas
01/15/2004, 08:10 PM
Hey Bobster - welcome to the Louisville crew! There are three others here that I know of, mine (black '01), a Dragon green that is also on the forum, and a young guy with a '99 ebony who I am pretty sure is not on the forum. I assume you'll take your VX to Bluegrass - make sure you look in your manual and tell them what you want done for your 15,000 mile service based on what is in the book. Their 15,000 mile "cookie cutter" service doesn't do all of the things in the manual, and gives you some things that in my opinion don't need to be done. Anyway, the Isuzu Service Manager, Brian King, has been pretty good to work with and has gone to bat for me on a couple of issues I've had - so overall I'd rate them as a 7 on a scale of 1-10. They have a shuttle service that will drop you off and pick you up, and will probably keep your car the better part of a day.

We'll have to schedule a mini-meet sometime soon for the three of us. Mine is MIA right now with my ex-wife who totalled her car. I'm kicking myself daily for letting her drive it, and hoping that it comes back in one piece - she is a very challenged driver, having wrecked every vehicle that we owned while we were married at least once. She had 2 wrecks in one day this time, and the second one totalled her VW (in a parking lot!).

johnnyapollo
01/16/2004, 03:09 AM
She had 2 wrecks in one day this time, and the second one totalled her VW (in a parking lot!).

Yikes!

Bobster
01/16/2004, 08:06 AM
There is another VX in the Lousiville area. A kaiser I've seen twice on River Road. Second time, it had a trailer attached.

Bobster
01/22/2004, 07:56 AM
Raque,

Thanks for your valuable information.

As usual, this forum has been a great help. I printed a 15K check list from the VehiCross manual which includes changing the front/rear axle oil and transfer case oil. The 15K checklist at the Isuzu Dealer was not specific to our VX and did not contain these items.

The dealer gladly used my printed checklist for the 15K maintenance. The VX checked out OK. But, if I did not have my list, they might have missed the axle oil change. I also had them change the TOD system fluid. (I’m not sure I’m using the correct names here)

The bill was higher than a typical 15K checkup. However, I got the fluid changes I wanted for all those ‘moving parts below’. How’s that for a catch all phrase?

Raque, when you get your VX back, let’s see if we can get the 4 or 5 VX’s together and go for a Sunday ride with all the h-davidsons. 8)

VXRaNgEr
01/22/2004, 10:34 AM
Bobster-

What was the total bill?

Bobster
01/22/2004, 01:52 PM
$240

Raque Thomas
01/22/2004, 01:57 PM
Bobster - sounds good on the get together! I hope to have mine back this weekend, as the ex is suppossed to be buying a minivan tomorrow (I suggested a sherman tank!). I have nevver seen the silver one, have seen the other two and actually parked next to the '99 ebony at Oxmoor a couple of months back - I bet that was a suprise for him when he came out of the mall!!

I'll email you when I get mine back and we'll set something up.