PDA

View Full Version : Phase I... Stock motor OUT!

coachreed
01/14/2004, 07:14 PM
OK... here's a little linky... not a LOT of detail, but some pictures are on there... I'll post new stuff as I think of it... or as I do more work. Basically, the motor is out of the VX... setting on the floor in front of it...

Those of you who have claimed parts, be patient with me... I didn't want to force anything out...and so now that the motor is out... ANYTHING that has been sold will be ready to ship ASAP... if anyone comes up with other request... lemme know.... anyway... heres the linky...

http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000/ls1conversion/phase1.html

After having the motor out... there is a TON of space in there. I wish you could see it. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow I'll take some measure ments and let y'all know. I see an LS1 fitting way easy in there! ;pb; ;Db;

TTYL!

Pete
01/15/2004, 01:25 PM
Great pics! This is awesome what you are doing! You are a pioneer!!! I'm sure others will follow even to the point of being anxious for their motors to blow. thanks for posting process!

Pete
01/15/2004, 02:03 PM
we bent a box end wrench and had to do some grinding on it as well but were able to remove flex plate to converter bolts through bottom inspection cover. it wasn't quick. used mongo screwdriver in teeth of flexplate to hold still and advance to next bolt

VehiX
01/15/2004, 02:44 PM
That's a huge flywheel!!!

Great pics and right up. I hope this all turns out well for you!!!

If it does, I WILL keep my VX for ever and look forward to the day the engine dies!

LOL :D

coachreed
01/15/2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Pete
we bent a box end wrench and had to do some grinding on it as well but were able to remove flex plate to converter bolts through bottom inspection cover. it wasn't quick. used mongo screwdriver in teeth of flexplate to hold still and advance to next bolt

I was gonna ask how you did it, but figured it would be out before either you replied or before I read your reply... either way... didn't figure it would happen quick enough! lol

Originally posted by VehiX
That's a huge flywheel!!!

Great pics and right up. I hope this all turns out well for you!!!

If it does, I WILL keep my VX for ever and look forward to the day the engine dies!

LOL :D

Yeah, the flexplate seems huge for such a tiny motor... and the fact that there are SIX bolts from TC to FP... I'm used to the normal GM 3 bolts convertors... at least EVERY other tranny I've done!

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the pictures... I just wish I would have taken more pictures along the way... maybe on the next Phase. As for motors and hoping they blow... I definitely don't wish that on ANYONE... but in the event that it does happen... I hope my pioneering will help MANY out in the future... and heck... I will be able to say I was first! lol ;Db; ;pb;

Anywho... I'll post more stuff later! TTFN!

Coach!

Apostle
01/16/2004, 06:02 AM
not sure what has sold or not. but im interested in the head covers.

think thats the name, piece on either side, top part of the V

if no one has claimed them, let me know