PDA

View Full Version : mounting area for camera?

Capri
01/14/2004, 10:08 AM
I'm looking into putting a camera in the back, however I'm not sure the best location for it. I'm not a big fan of cutting through the halfmoon, and I don't know if the quality of pictures differ if you mount it inside the car, versus outside. I've seen several types that has waterproof "dome" that lets you mount a camera on top of the car....I'm also researching cameras in general, mighty curious on tone's camera offering on his site....advice/suggestions?

VX crazy
01/14/2004, 11:28 AM
there is a little rectangular piece in the half moon on the back door, just for that! you can pop out the plastic piece and either drill a hole in it for the camara. where you put your camara depends if it is weather resistant, some are for inside the vehicle.

johnnyapollo
01/14/2004, 11:30 AM
The halfmoon has a removable piece where the JP version VX lense cover resides. You can pop this out and drill a hole or fab something for the camera lense to mount to.

Alternatively, you can buy the CF halfmoon that's currently on eBay (Naoki sells them - talk to dutchie) and mount your camera in there, for a much neater install. Just a couple of options...

-- Best, John

Capri
01/15/2004, 11:10 AM
sweet thanks! :)