PDA

View Full Version : Portland, OR Service Locations?

mlepisto
01/13/2004, 09:11 AM
I'm looking for a recommendation for a shop in Portland, OR. Independent on the east side preferred (cause the Dealership is all the way on the other side of town)

Nothing fancy needed, just need to get the window regulator adjusted.

Thanks,
Mika

Dallas4u
01/13/2004, 09:52 AM
Hey! Another Portlandian!

I have been servicing my VX myself since I moved from Dallas, TX a year ago. My wife and I have taken her Rodeo to the Isuzu dealer on the west side (Beaverton or Tigard... in between) a few times, and it is a beating just getting over there. I live on the east side (NE) as well, so if I come across anything I'll let you know.

mlepisto
01/13/2004, 10:29 AM
Cool, thanks!

Hey, since you're in the NW, you might enjoy going to a RallyCross or other Rally event:
http://www.oregonrally.com

Its a total blast, check it out.

Mika

Dallas4u
01/13/2004, 11:11 AM
Actually, I'm in the NE, but nothing really is very far (compared to the Dallas metroplex) in the Portland area.

mlepisto
01/13/2004, 12:00 PM
I meant NW as in the region (OR, WA) not part of town. Most of their RallyCross events are in Hillsboro at the fairgrounds, and many rally events are in WA.

I'd like to take a look at your Supercharged VX sometime. How are you liking it? I'm sure that additional power is always welcome....

Mika

newthings
01/13/2004, 12:12 PM
I just spent my first week in the new house in Seaside Oregon. VX still in California. I have to go back and sell the old house. I will check out local and Portland doings. I have a Isuzu dealer in Warrington that I will contact down the road. I hope I do not have to go to Portland for service. That 2 hrs. away. I may have to fly out of Portland every month or so on business. A pilot is setting up a twice a day schedule from Astoria/Warrington airport to Portland to start in June. He estimates $75 one way with security at local airport. Cheers form the northwest.
Roy

JAFO
01/13/2004, 11:30 PM
I know you said east side preferred but I thought I would drop my two cents in for Braley and Graham Isuzu in Beaverton. I drive 45 minutes for oil changes and servicing because I dislike the local oil change places here in McMinnville. Although I do it my self when I get a chance.

Apt no garage :(

Dallas4u
01/14/2004, 04:41 AM
Yea... they ARE the Isuzu dealer everyone was talking about as they are THE only dealer around.

What I have found I do NOT like about Braley and Graham is that you have to make appointments for EVERYTHING! They make my wife make appointments for oil changes, for tire rotations ("The guy who does the tire rotations isn't going to be here when you bring the Rodeo in for the oil change, so we'll have to schedule you another time for the tire rotation"... actual statement), ANY service you need.