PDA

View Full Version : A VX Calender?

TDAWG
11/30/2002, 02:09 PM
I discussed having a Calender made of my VX with my brother in-law who just happens to be in the printing business.
He told me it was a great idea. But since joining this club I have come up with a better idea.
I am interested in finding out what everyone thinks? Also if everyone would be interested in having their VX in it aswell?
Does everyone think that it should be a seasonal calender or a general calender?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Tone
11/30/2002, 06:01 PM
Planet Isuzoo did an Isuzu only calendar several years ago and I was able to get my VX in there - thought it was a great idea. I’d be willing to support your efforts - a different VX each month and maybe some key dates like Moab or VX birthdays? Scott could help you with some of that data or maybe co-op with VX.info?

Great idea.

TimG
12/01/2002, 01:42 AM
That has to be one of the coolest idea's I've heard in a long time. I'd love to have one of these

Dallas4u
12/02/2002, 09:53 PM
I could be a cool idea to post pics of your VX, then everyone can vote on their favorites amd the top 12 get made into a calander?

Cyrk
12/03/2002, 06:58 AM
That is a great idea!

would be cool to have color specific ones too...

Since black is the best!

Im in...

-Dave

Daver
12/03/2002, 07:47 AM
Hmm...a calendar of Black VXs owned by Daves...how cool would that be.

-Daver

carlymac
12/03/2002, 08:35 AM
How about ebonys and whites in a piano keyboard pattern?
"EBONY AND IVORY GO TOGETHER IN PERFECT HORMONY..."

Anita
12/03/2002, 09:23 AM
Trouble is there arent enough months in the year to cover all the pics we'd want to put in.

I think the Ebony VX's with the Daves is a great idea. PROVIDED that the Daves lay across their VX's in seductive poses....

;pr;

edyavno
12/03/2002, 09:55 AM
You don't want to miss silver, the most high tech color for the Car From the Future! Espesially Kaiser :mbrasd:

Moncha
12/03/2002, 10:29 AM
Very Good Idea!!
I can make a category for this in the gallery and like stated before everyone could choose their favs and the top 12 win. Email me and we can brainstorm some more.
I (VehiCROSS.info) would love to be a sponsor!

AlaskaVX
12/03/2002, 04:18 PM
I would love to have a calender of Vehicross's. I could probobally get some cool pic's for it since I love mobbin and I live in the beutiful state of Alaska. How about a VX flinging mud with snow covered mountains in the background (I'll work on this, we still don't have snow really so I'm sure I can find some mud.)

jim falcione
12/03/2002, 06:42 PM
Good thinking TDAWG! I especially like the voting idea. Keep us posted.:p

TDAWG
12/04/2002, 06:56 AM
1st off thanks everyone who has responded so far. That is diffently a great idea to have every one vote on the top 12 but it will be a 13 month calender so it will have to be the top 13.:p
Seeing aas how wwe have so many members I don't see a problem with having all members get a chance to show off their VX's. I am even thinking of having a couple of 4 different versions made so every one could choose which calender will be in final print. Thanks for the support.

Moncha
12/04/2002, 10:04 AM
TDWAG,
I'll be working out some stuff to make it as easy as possible to vote on the pics. I'll email you as soon as I can figure those out.

edyavno
12/04/2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by WSG
TDWAG,
I'll be working out some stuff to make it as easy as possible to vote on the pics. I'll email you as soon as I can figure those out.
How do we submit pics for voiting? I'm gonna be taking some pics this weekend. With some New York landmarks in the background if possible.

Moncha
12/04/2002, 10:22 AM
I need a little time to get some code written and all set up on my side, I should be able to have it by the next day.. will post as soon as I can.

TDAWG
12/04/2002, 12:10 PM
:D ;Db; ;Db; ;Dy; ;Do; ;Dp; ;Dr; I guess WSG is going to be figuring that out for everyone as soon as he does he'll post the info. As for pics you could e-mail the pics to me so I''ll have them ready for print.

Daver
12/05/2002, 09:04 AM
seductive...seductive...doesn't ring a bell. So much for that idea!

Here are some ideas for pictures:
- original concept
- VX-O2 and VX-4 concepts
- Geolandar or Tonbo House VXs
- Line-ups from various meets around the world

-Daver

TDAWG
12/05/2002, 09:59 AM
Hey Daver,
I am diffently going to be put any info dates on meets if every one lets me know any info about meets they are arranging for the year. Moad will diffently make it to calender. If you know of any other meets or things coming up drop me a line and i'll be sure to include it on the calender. As for your other ideas yeah if I get any info about the VX2 and VX4 I will add them to the calender aswell. I'll be giving my Local Isuzu Dealer a call to see what i can arrange with them about the adding some exculsive info the Ascender and the Axiom.

Tonka
12/06/2002, 01:35 AM
AWESOME!
We should at lest make sure we get every color. Maybe the the 13th month could be of the prototype or VX-02. Those are a must!!!!

Green Dragon
12/06/2002, 07:17 AM
Consider putting thumbnail Pics on holidays- get more VXs in the calender;Db;

ThirtyftFL
12/06/2002, 08:31 AM
I just found this post, haven't been online in a while. I think it's a great idea. i like green dragons idea about the holidays that we you could sqeeze as many in as possible. Ebony's owned by Daves will work for me, but we'll have to substitute bikini models in for the seductive pics. lol

Moncha
12/06/2002, 11:44 AM
Check out this thread for the calendar contest. We should be able to have the photos selected by the 28th.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304

TDAWG
12/06/2002, 03:23 PM
First off can everyone who reads these THREADS give WSG a big thanks for working hard on making this happen!!!!!!:smack:
Now since this is only the tip of the ICEBERG. Let begin the fun and start posting the Photo.:rotate: To evryone thanks for all your contributions and most of all let have some funnnnnnn.

TimG
12/06/2002, 03:40 PM
My best picture is not digital, and the only copy I have is a 16x20. Anyone know a place that can scan that in? I have 9 days to do it. :)

Thank you TDAWG for giving us this opportunity. Thank you Scott for getting us organized.

TDAWG
12/06/2002, 06:12 PM
Hey TimG,
I beleive that you should be able to get it scanned at KINKOS or CVS. I am not queit sure but give it a shot and let me know if it works out. GOOD LUCK.

BAZOVX
12/19/2002, 08:53 AM
:cool:

My Name is Alex D (BazoVX) and how much are you going to sell them for and when will they are going to be release cuz I ned about 5 VX calendars

Please let me ASAP
My email address is JDEJE@AOL.COM

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

TDAWG
12/19/2002, 09:30 AM
OK PEOPLE,
The Calender race is getting close to the end so far it's looking great. My brother-in-law has informed that all is going good and he is finishing up all his recent work for his Clients. I'll be ready to begin Printing the Calender by Monday. He has told me that if I weren't Family a jod this big would cost about $2033 dollars. I asked him why so much and he told me because of the quality of the work I am asking for. So thank GOD I am family.;Dy;
We haven't set a price for the Calender as of yet but it will not be expensive. As for everyone who have e-mailed me their Photos thanx alot. This couldn't have happened without everyones help and support. Hey once again a hugh and I do mean HUGH thanx to Scott for all his help. Now remember the voting ends FRIDAY so lets keep Votes in.