PDA

View Full Version : Got $4.00?

RobVX
01/09/2004, 06:16 PM
Taking the advice of others on this Board, yesterday while I was at Home Depot, I bought a pack of Malibu light bulbs (11 watts... I couldn't find 12 watt bulbs) to replace my stock driving lights. A four pack was $3.96. Takes two minutes to replace the bulbs and......whamo, no more punie yellow driving lights. Best $4 mod I can think of. Rob A.

omegavx
01/09/2004, 07:23 PM
If your referring to the front bottom parking lights, the best $10.87 mod for them is the piaa w2 18W bulbs part number 19224. Work great and match the higher/brighter white main bulbs like the sylvania silverstar's and the piaa Xtreme white's.

Reference: http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-Miniature.html

Heraclid
01/11/2004, 09:16 PM
I'm planning on getting the PIAA W2's for the round lamps in the very near future. Just installed the Sylvania SilverStar 9003ST's, replacing the stock headlamp bulbs. Very happy with them - they are very slightly blue as seen from the driver's seat, but nice and white-looking standing in front of them. The stock headlights never really bothered me much to begin with, but these are certainly a bit of an improvement, and they make the round ones look extra yellow and dim now, so those simply must go soon.

I_Wanna_Retire
01/12/2004, 05:31 AM
Where do you get the PIAAs? I looked around at Autozone, Pepboys, and Advanced Auto yesterday, and did not see them?

omegavx
01/12/2004, 10:48 AM
Got mine online from http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/piaa_bulbs.htm, you can also somtimes find them on ebay, but I've never seen them in a actual store like autozone, pepboys etc. Keep in mind, there may be others that fit, but the w2 is the only one I've actually tested and have had no problems with the wattage melting the assembly. They also have the replacment dome lights and the replacment marker wedge bulb.

RobVX
01/12/2004, 12:11 PM
What does PIAA stand for.... "pain in a#$ to acquire"? That's why I opted for the $1 per bulb solution at Home Depot.
No hassle and they look great!

omegavx
01/12/2004, 12:15 PM
hehe, yeah their replacment bulbs are pretty hard to find. But, lightningmotorsports.com seems to have them all and I havn't had any problems aquiring through them. They also ship pretty fast, got mine within 2 days of ordering. I also got my p-3000's from them and it took alittle longer but it looked like they got dropshipped directly from piaa. I mainly got the w2's so they matched the silverstar's and my p-3000's. Never tried the other bulbs so I'm not quite sure what color difference there is. The silverstar's are the brightest white I could find and the piaa's are very close with a little hint of blue, you cant really notice it unless you are right up next to them and you start turning the main lights on and off while leaving the parking lights on trying to compare.