PDA

View Full Version : VX DVD Update

tiggergreen
01/09/2004, 11:09 AM
I am sorry to announce that the free dvd offer has been ended. I am doing this for two reasons. The first is that the requests have been dwindling and I do not want this to drag on forever. The second is that I believe there may be people out there that do not wish to ask for anything free.

A new original video tape is on its way and I will be encoding this as soon as it arrives.

This VX video details the origins of the Vehicross and goes into the details of construction, design and marketing. It even includes the Vehicross tv ads. This dvd is a must have for the serious VX collector.

If you want to get a copy of this dvd, please paypal $5.00 to shoppe@xanderstudios.com. If you want it shipped overseas, just add a dollar. This cost covers the cost of the dvd, the case, the envelope and the shipping.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

dyanni
01/09/2004, 12:33 PM
Hey TiggerGreen, I'm in for the next one! - and appreciate your time in doing this for us. It's not free - if it costs YOU! so I am happy to pay for the next one ...

BTW: First Rate Work!

[Image is clickable]
http://www.myvx.com/images/vxcouple.jpg (http://www.xanderstudios.com/gallery/LevRia.jpg)

TDAWG
01/09/2004, 06:36 PM
Hey dyanni,
Awesome pic. Where did you get the back round line-up from? That is awesome work.

dyanni
01/09/2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by TDAWG
Hey dyanni,
Awesome pic. Where did you get the back round line-up from? That is awesome work.

Can't take any credit for the work - I was browsing around TiggerGreen's link and spotted the VX group in the background. I guess I should have linked to his web-page instea of the picture. But the link to his image gallery is HERE (http://www.xanderstudios.com/gallery.htm) I agree, Awesome.

Cyrk
01/09/2004, 08:33 PM
Brent got my DVD today! Thank you very much...

Only played on my PC and PS2, not my DVD or my xbox.

Thanks you for making copies!

-Dave

tiggergreen
01/10/2004, 07:56 PM
Cyrk,

That is quite interesting - I tried it on my dvd player and it played fine. DVD+R is supposed to be the most compatible with all existing dvd players. I play burned dvds on my XBox as well with no problems. Anyone else tried their copy in an XBox?

Tony,

The picture background was taken in the Seattle area when Tone came for a visit. The image was taken with a digital camera and the characters were superimposed onto the image.

Thanks for the compliments - it means a lot to me.

I just received the original of the VX video, so I will be encoding it this weekend.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

- s a i n t -
01/10/2004, 09:14 PM
Hey Brent-

I received my DVD yesterday and watched it right away. It played just fine in my 4 year old Sony DVD player. The quality was MUCH better than I had expected.

Once again, thanks SO much for doing this.

- s a i n t -

:D

StormTROOPER
01/11/2004, 12:06 AM
Same here, I just got mine tonight after my night shift job and popped it in my Sony dvd player, I'm watching it as I type, excellent , watching it on a 27" tv sure beats a computer screen. Thanks again Brent.:cool: Hey....nice touch at the end,;eekb; ;Db; Very impressive.

Navigator
01/11/2004, 06:48 AM
...Just checking to see if you sent mine out yet Tiger? I emailed you a request a few weeks ago, but no DVD has arrived yet :nop:

tiggergreen
01/11/2004, 12:04 PM
Michael,

Yes, I sent out your dvd. I believe I sent it on Tuesday. However, we were hit with a severe weather storm (for this area) and it is possible things have been delayed a bit. Besides, you are all the way on the other coast... It should get to you on Monday or Tuesday. Let me know if it doesn't, and I will get another one in the mail for you.

I'm glad you liked the menu, StormTROOPER...

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

tiggergreen
01/12/2004, 01:25 AM
I just finished the encoding of the original VHS tape and it turned out quite a bit better and actually ends with credits...

I have received two orders for the new dvd so far and will be getting those out this week.

Thanks, Randy, for getting me the tape so quickly.

Long live the VX...

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

Randy
01/12/2004, 07:27 AM
Brent:

I'm glad things went better with an original tape. Happy to help.

Randy

migil
01/12/2004, 07:37 AM
I just made the 3rd. order... :D

WormGod
01/12/2004, 07:49 AM
I havent been home in a few days so I hope my mailbox is packed with a disk, heh. Looks like fun material to play when you really wanna show off your ride in front of the guys before the big game comes on. ;)

Also, that CG image above with the scary Ren Fair couple.... it kinda alarmed me, heh. I guess because 1/2 of our fans from our games send in pics like that from their weddings. Makes me shiver a bit. :p

Navigator
01/13/2004, 05:20 AM
...Fantastic job Brent :thumbup:

VXMAN
01/13/2004, 05:40 AM
Thanks Brent. Super job.

:D
Dave...

Triathlete
01/13/2004, 08:04 AM
Received my 1st generation DVD in the mail yesterday, watched it this morning!:dance: Great job!:thumbup: Thanks so much . to those of you contemplating the 2nd generation DVD...do it. :cool!:

tiggergreen
01/13/2004, 10:22 AM
Thanks so much, everyone...

I am going to Costco this morning to get more blank dvd media. The fifty discs I had went rather quickly. I should be getting the first batch of the second generation dvd out in the mail tomorrow morning. So far, I have six orders to fill.

Thanks again,

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

carlymac
01/13/2004, 11:28 AM
Hey tiggergreen,
I pay paled you the funds so include me in the next DVD burning. I included the shipping info on the pay pal note. Thanks for all your doing. By the way, is this the same material johnnyapollo had several months ago...I know he and Gruven were working on making this material available but Gruven has become very busy with some type of music software he invented...It's taking Nashville by storm.

tiggergreen
01/13/2004, 01:37 PM
The dvd media I purchased at Costco were a lot faster than the last discs I used - so I was able to get six dvds in the mail today, including one for you, Carl.

The seventh is being held for Matt, who lives in McMinnville - we are hopefully going to meet this weekend for a hand delivery.

This video is included in the details of the following thread:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2153&highlight=Video

However, I didn't see anywhere that there was a plan to make any of the items in the collection available? If anyone out there has videos that concern the VX and would like a free transfer in return for allowing me to make it available to the group, please let me know.

Happy trails,

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

-x-
01/13/2004, 02:19 PM
....would one of those mine ; ) ...x

Heraclid
01/13/2004, 02:37 PM
If the second DVD has the Motorweek footage, that would be awesome - I tried to obtain it a while back but ran into a few snags. Johnnyapollo had been planning to work on making it available to all of us as soon as he acquired a copy.

I have still not received my copy of the first DVD you did, by the way - I got an e-mail from you on the 5th saying it went out, but so far nothing in my box.

AlaskaVX
01/13/2004, 02:46 PM
I REALLY want that Motorweek video!
And tiggergreen, could you PM me your address so I can send a money order? (Don't believe in putting my credit card on the internet)

Thank You,
Alan

tiggergreen
01/13/2004, 03:02 PM
Yes, Hector, one of the dvds happened to be yours...

If anyone wants anything else transferred to dvd (weddings, pictures, home videos) - let me know. I am offering to do this for a flat $20 fee - but only for members of this forum. This fee includes standard shipping of the original video and the new dvd.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

AlaskaVX
01/13/2004, 03:20 PM
Just found this... MotorWeek's exclusive test of the Isuzu VehiCROSS on episode # 1823

Now how do I order it?

Show #1823 originally aired 2/13/99 (Thats the day I decided I will own a Vehicross!)
R/T: Isuzu VehiCross
R/T: Volvo S80
Goss: Superchargers Part II
HR: Bondurant Go-Carts
LT: Mazda Miata

EDIT: Just found out how to order and I think I am going to order it.

migil
01/13/2004, 04:42 PM
Hey AlaskaVX, please let us know how you did it! :D

tiggergreen
01/13/2004, 04:44 PM
Heraclid,

If you still have not received the dvd by the end of the week, let me know by e-mail. Include your address again and I will get another one out to you... I really do not know why it hasn't made it out to you already. I only send e-mails after I have put the envelopes in the mail...

Maybe I'll send it by pigeon next time ;)

Brent

Heraclid
01/13/2004, 07:47 PM
AlaskaVX, that info you pasted into your post - that's the same thing I was looking at when I wanted to get the video. The website was not accessible from Motorweek's site and seemed to maybe outdated and not meant to be used anymore. I also got no one on the phone, so I didn't order.

Tiggergreen, yeah, I waited patiently while I saw others in my neck of the woods coming forward saying they got theirs over the past few days. Although once it wasn't here today, over a week later, I figured I'd say something. I double-checked the e-mail and I didn't make a typo on the address I sent to you, so I don't know what's up. I've been checking twice a day sometimes too because I'm looking forward to getting it so much. :-)

Capri
01/13/2004, 08:21 PM
I haven't gotten the dvd yet, been really looking forward to it..:cool:

WormGod
01/14/2004, 07:21 AM
Got my disk. Works like a store bought DVD. Thanks much Brent! :)

ScubaSteve
01/14/2004, 07:46 AM
Received mine too, thanks brent...

Having problems though - weird skipping problem, and only plays in Power DVD, not WinDVD or Windows Media Player... Tried it in the laptop, external DVD + & - R/RW burner, and my playstation 2!

tiggergreen
01/14/2004, 11:45 AM
Steve,

Try it in a standard dvd player - if it still skips, it is possible you received a defective dvd. If the dvd is defective, please e-mail your address to me again and I will get a new one in the mail for you.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com