PDA

View Full Version : anybody want/need bits and pieces of my motor/trans?

coachreed
01/08/2004, 07:34 PM
I was approached by one of our member tonight to make an offer on some parts from my motor... of course, I was happy to sell him what he wanted... for a reasonable price... IF anyone wants any part (or whole) of the motor and/or transmission, lemme know. I am certain that the crank is cooked and so I doubt its worth much... the rest of the motor on the other hand is probably decent... If you are intersted in anything let me know. If not no big deal. I have thought about cutting the motor up into tiny pieces and sending it piece by piece to Isuzu of America or to the extended warranty company who refused to cover ANY of the repairs. Anyway, the valve covers are gone now... anything else is up for dibs... though the transmission has 73K miles on it, it shifted great up until the demise of the motor... it would be sold minus the TOD and the transmission to transfer case adaptor plate. Lemme know!

TTYL!

VehiX
01/08/2004, 08:18 PM
Damn!!! I wanted those valve covers :(

Let me know if the deal does not fall through?

How much for the plastic cover withe V6 logo on it?

VX FIX
01/08/2004, 08:30 PM
I would be interested in the coils .if they are not considered

part of the valve covers.

Thanks .. Fred

Dallas4u
01/08/2004, 08:57 PM
I may be interested in the MAF sensor.

StinkBug
01/08/2004, 10:42 PM
I'm not actually interested in any of the parts, but if you've got it out of the truck I'd really appreciate if you could get a good picture of the back of the block and the bellhousing bolt paterns. Thanks.

Dallas

coachreed
01/09/2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by VehiX
Damn!!! I wanted those valve covers :( Let me know if the deal does not fall through? How much for the plastic cover withe V6 logo on it?

DOH! Strike TWO! Sorry, but I received a few emails directly last night asking about specific parts. Unfortunately for you VehiX, the valve covers have already been paid for and will ship out probably on Mondy... and as the strike TWO goes... the intake cover is also sold along with the coils.

Originally posted by VX FIX
I would be interested in the coils .if they are not considered part of the valve covers.

Guess you already know your confirmed on what you requested...

Originally posted by Dallas4u
I may be interested in the MAF sensor.

OK, your in luck... the MAF is still available... make me ANY reasonable offer... every penny counts at this point! Send me email at rreed17@kc.rr.com and we can iron out the details...

Just a small list of parts claimed already... some will be shipped ASAP, others will be shipped once the mod is done... just want to make sure I don't liquidate anything that I ended up needing! lol

Valve Covers
Coils
Intake Cover
Torque convertor
Starter
Throttle bodyFuel rail and injectors
PV muffler
motor mounts
alternator (if not needed)
Engine and Trans ECU? (if not needed)
Trans Mount (if not needed)

Again, every penny is gonna count, so don't be shy... I just might let it go for near nothing... just to get a buck towards the cause! Also, if you post here, you might drop me an email too at rreed17@kc.rr.com to stake a claim! lol

TTYL!

Coach!

Cyrk
01/09/2004, 08:36 PM
Hey Dallas if you do not take the MAF sensor, I would like to get it, as I want to punch out mine for the SC and if I have any problems I have that as a back up.

-Dave

Tone
01/10/2004, 09:19 AM
I need the numbers off of the torque converter if you could just post them. Thanks!

FeatherFoot
01/10/2004, 11:04 AM
A word of caution about the coils. I may have posted before, if not here goes.

One and only one of the coils is shorter than the other 5. That one goes in the #6 cylinder. (drivers side, rear). VX or any other vehicle with the 3.2 or 3.5 V6 will not run properly if the coils are mixed-up. I forget the error code it throws.

there is a logo/cast part number in the plstic around the coil that can be used to verify the odd one.

If you have changer plugs recently and Your vehicle doesn't run right check this out first.

John

Dallas4u
01/10/2004, 05:58 PM
Cyrk, go ahead and make an offer on the MAF sensor. I'm going to be away from home for another 2 weeks, so I won't have time to send money or receive the item.

coachreed
01/27/2004, 03:47 PM
OK, so heads, intake, exhaust manifolds and shortblock are gonna be dumped tomorrow unless someone needs them. The heads would be good core heads or could be used to try a port and polish job or something... the block is pretty much a boat anchor if you ask me. I didn't get it open... but I have two headbolts broken off in it... so anyway... unless someone steps up quickly... they are GONE!

As for other parts... still a few available... I am shipping a few things tomorrow... valve covers, ECU, intake cover, and coils...

Lemme know...

TTFN!

Randy!

Tone
01/27/2004, 05:33 PM
I'll take all the bits - don’t trash anything please. Will bring a trailer up in the next few weeks to collect the tranny, block and all the other bits. Thanks.

BigMeatVX
01/28/2004, 09:16 AM
I am interested in the heads...
how much do you want for them where would they be shipped from?

Allan

Hotsauce
02/04/2004, 07:48 PM
I got my stuff today, thanks Randy. Valve covers, and ECU.

The valve covers I'm going to refinish, then will probably offer my original ones up for sale. The ECU I spied in the chaos of Randy's disassembly, and just wanted as a spare. Coming from DSM background, I've had ECU caps leak, and fry the boards. It never hurts to have a spare.

John C.