PDA

View Full Version : Best radio wiring daigram

Randy
01/06/2004, 02:05 PM
I prefer this radio wiring diagram from the VX manual CD:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/40vx_radio_wiring.jpg

The "L" is for the color blue. The other colors seem just perfect except that they all have gray spots on them, which is not reflected here.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/40vx_radio_wiring.jpg

MZ-N10
01/06/2004, 03:18 PM
dead pic
________
SIDE EFFECTS FROM ZOLOFT (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

Randy
01/07/2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks Anita for getting my picture corrected. I tried almost everything.

What did I miss?

Anita
01/07/2004, 01:32 PM
Randy, I PM'd ya...
;Dr;

BlackVX
07/03/2010, 01:54 PM
Found this on another site. Might be helpful for everyone.

I'm installing a radio/mp3 player for the first time and I have a really hard time to read the diagram above.

Could someone help me with the meaning of "Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Blue"? Does it mean that this is the ignition wire (ACC)? If not, which one would be the ignition wire? I matched up pretty much all the others wires with my new player.. I think.

Thanks,
Michael

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Blue
Car Radio Ground Wire: Gray
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Blue
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Red/Yellow
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 5 1/4?
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 5 1/4?
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Roof Mount
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/White

rowhard
07/03/2010, 04:29 PM
I'll post here since it's about radios in case anyone needs one or in the future can remember that I have one if needed. I have one of those adapter plugs to connect after market radio to the Isuzu plug. Price of a padded envelope and postage and it's yours

rowhard
07/03/2010, 04:34 PM
Could someone help me with the meaning of "Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Blue"? Does it mean that this is the ignition wire (ACC)? If not, which one would be the ignition wire? I matched up pretty much all the others wires with my new player.. I think.

Mike, pretty sure the blue would connect to a separate amp if your using one. It will then turn the amp on when the head unit is turned on.:grino:

BlackVX
07/04/2010, 06:31 AM
Hi Rowhard, Thanks for your quick reply and help.

I thought I was in good shape to complete this task but I realized that the list of wires and colors that I posted doesn't seem to be right. Like this one: "Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink" ... There is no pink wire! The only pink wire is the one with the CD units (I removed the CD unit because it is broke).

As for the custom plug you build, thanks a lot but I cut off the OEM radio plug! I was going to use butt connectors to fit the wires to the new radio plug. Unless you know a way to fix this, I can't use it I guess.

Here is the radio manual http://kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/File/UnitedStates/Consumer/Manuals/kdcmp242.pdf

I'm trying to match these (see page 16)

Power control/Motor antenna:
TEL mute wire:
Front Left Speaker -:
Front Left Speaker +:
Front Right Speaker -:
Front Right Speaker +:
Rear Left Speaker -:
Rear Left Speaker +:
Rear Right Speaker -:
Rear Right Speaker +:
Ignition :
Baterry:
GRound:

It doesn't mention the tweeters?

What a puzzle. Thanks again for helping!

Michael

rowhard
07/04/2010, 11:00 AM
As for the custom plug you build, thanks a lot but I cut off the OEM radio plug! I was going to use butt connectors to fit the wires to the new radio plug. Unless you know a way to fix this, I can't use it I guess.
Michael

Oh, I didn't make it. it came with the Jensen unit I bought from twistedsymphony.

I did it the same way your doing it when I changed out the OEM for the same reason, broken CD changer. Did that a couple of years ago.