PDA

View Full Version : New paint job???

jim falcione
11/27/2002, 04:05 PM
I recently purchased a '99 Astral. It's a great vehicle and I can find absolutely no faults with her. However, ever since I saw my first VX (Proton Yellow) back in '99, I had my sights set on the yellow. It looks awsome in contrast to the black cladding. Is it feasible to re-paint?? Would it be difficult to match?? Any input from my fellow VX afficianados would be appreciated!!

StormTROOPER
11/29/2002, 02:15 AM
Hi Jim, welcome, I see that we're about the same age , as someone else once said...the VX speaks to the kid in me.:D As for changing the color...I don't think yellow will go well with the red interior. I specifically sought out the astral silver which I think is the SHARPEST.;) I think you'd be better off trading than trying to change the color, good luck, Don

jim falcione
11/29/2002, 07:11 AM
Good point Don. I didn't consider that. However my interior is closer to a "burnt orange" than red, but it would definitley clash :( . On the subject of changing colors, I painted the grill with Silver "Plastic Cote" bumper and trim paint. I was careful to paint only the honeycomb portion, not the perimeter plastic. Doesn't look bad ;Dr;

Radiologue
11/29/2002, 09:12 AM
I disagree with the comment of yellow and red clashing.
The company Momo uses yellow and red as their primary colors for their logo and many of their products. It is a matter of opinion only. If you are looking for something that will stand out, that color scheme will definitely do the trick. ;Dr; ;Dy; ;Dr; ;Dy;

jim falcione
11/29/2002, 09:23 AM
Now I am really confused!!!:confused:

Simon Templar
11/29/2002, 01:41 PM
Posted by Radiologue
I disagree with the comment of yellow and red clashing.

I am with Radiologue on this one...

I have seen several protons with the Red/Black interior. I rather like the look.

....sT

Zu4two
11/29/2002, 09:48 PM
I have seen several protons with the Red/Black interior. I rather like the look.

That's strange, the official production numbers list from Isuzu indicates all the protons had the black and gray interior.

Gosh, I would think if I had all the colors of the rainbow available to re-paint the VX, I would pick something more exotic than the same proton yellow that was on 479 other VehiCROSSes.

Hey, but that's just me!

Good Luck!

Kirk
'99 astral #1372

Simon Templar
11/29/2002, 10:48 PM
Posted by Zu4two
That's strange, the official production numbers list from Isuzu indicates all the protons had the black and gray interior.

Really? I find that somewhat hard to believe. But...if so....then I have seen several that have been repainted. (I thought I could spot a repaint job....maybe not)

In either event, my comment stands......I like the look!!

....sT