PDA

View Full Version : Want a VX!

a1csims
12/31/2003, 06:52 AM
I love the exterior of the VX, and have only seen one or two here in San Antonio. I have a 96 Rodeo and hate it. Too hard to get around in the traffic. I just wanted to get some input on all of the things that made you buy your VX. I want all the pluses as well as all the negatives. As I said, I love the look of the VX, but don't know much more about them. Thanks!

Joe_Black
12/31/2003, 07:37 AM
As a previous owner of 3 Troopers and an F-250 SuperDuty, the ONLY negative I've found yet is the cargo space I gave up. Taking the Rottie to the vet is an adventure, I have to put my welding equipment on a trailer or borrow my Dad's truck... stuff like that. But, I knew that when the decision was made to get the VX. It just takes some getting used to. Other than that I simply love it! I've already got 22,000 trouble-free miles since purchasing new last November, including a great off-road trip to Uwharrie. You'll not find a more unique ride! I love it so much I'll be in Houston soon to pick up an Ironman I recently got on eBay. Now there's an endorsement!

Probably the biggest "negative" you'll hear is rear visibility. It is limited, but after some time you'll develop the "VX Head Swivel" and won't think about it anymore.

crager34
12/31/2003, 08:20 AM
It's obvious what makes this car stand out. Buy one and your a part of an elite club. It's a small SUV, but it's bigger than a BMW Mini.... lol

It has problems like other cars, but is not problematic. With TLC and a group like we have here..... you would be a happy owner.

Darrin

Dallas4u
12/31/2003, 08:22 AM
I bought the VX primarily for the 'oooooh' factor. I test drove it once, but had been looking at them on the dealers lot for over a year. My wife bought a '99 Rodeo, then I bought my '99 VX... then she traded hers in for a '00 Rodeo. The difference is totally night and day.

Now, having driven mine for a few years, it handles so supurb (comparably) that I just don't think I could be happy driving any other SUV (minus, say a Cayenne... then I would feel guilty about spending so much dough). I love the look of the exterior, and most of the interior. I love the power (especially with the SC), the growl of the exhaust (with my PV on), and the looks I get from people driving more expensive autos!

VX_PA
12/31/2003, 08:33 AM
Lux Sport Ute at a bargain basement price considerably!

That sums it up totally. I can't think of anything made that could replace it and I consider myself an auto enthusiest. I'm always looking around the corner for the next coolest ride ever, nothing has come close without having to fork out about 100 grand. Buy one and you'll never regret it!!;Dy;

Just read the introduce yourself thread and you'll find the variety of owners but you'll also find that they all love their VX. This site alone should tell you that.

Welcome aboard and good luck in your search for the best vehicle you'll ever buy.

StormTROOPER
12/31/2003, 10:08 AM
Me thinks this topic will be at the top for a while.;Db; I agree the positives outway the negatives (even the most beautiful wife comes with a mother);) I had a thing for the first Amigo because I liked it's wide stance and two door configuration, but I didn't like soft-top so I never bought one, so when I first saw the VX you can imagine I was blown away with its KICK *** LOOKS, it was the most awesome vehicle I ever seen, as if they new what I wanted and designed it just for me.:D I got what I wanted, an EASY TO PARK, GO ANYWHERE, ANYWEATHER, ADVENTURE MACHINE.:cool:

Eckstream
12/31/2003, 10:25 AM
I love my VX! It can take anything you throw at it.... Compare it with other 2 door suv and youll see a huge difference. Ive had a Lexus Rx300 and just got a Infinity FX45 and the VX is the best in my stable.... There are drawbacks tho... Rear window visibility and cargo space are my only complaints O and no cup holder... Either way I wouldnt trade my VX for anything in the world and youll find its the same with other owners

VX FIX
12/31/2003, 04:34 PM
I have only had my vx for a month and half already put 2k on it .It is absolutly a blast to drive!! . The first thing you should do is drive one , Then you will see why we all love them ...When I was researching them someone on here told me to buy it and dont look back ..best advice I got.. Welcome aboard..

Fred