PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhhhhh GREAT!!!

XCross69
12/29/2003, 05:42 PM
Ok, so now MY check engine light is on;-( It actually came on this past friday. Came on after I filled up with gas so I first thought that had something to do with it. So I unhooked the battery and of course it went off. I have now drove about 110 miles and its back on again??? My worry is the nearest Isuzu dealer is a great distance away? Will Isuzu pay to have another dealership fix the problem if still under factory warranty? Mine is a 99 with 55000 miles on it. Guess I will try to take it somewhere tomorrow and have them find out whats wrong.......

Any advice????? Not really want-n to deal with this....

Anita
12/29/2003, 05:57 PM
Try this: Unscrew and then close your gas cap (turn it 4 or more clicks and make sure that stupid plastic tie isnt in the way)... then disconnect battery, wait a few and reconnect.

A gas cap not screwed on correctly can cause the check engine light.

XCross69
12/29/2003, 06:14 PM
Sorry Anita but I failed to say that I did try the whole gas lid thing when it came on the first time. After I took the lid off, put it back on and reset it, the light stayed off for the 110 or so miles.. Now it being back on I don't think thats the problem?

Eckstream
12/29/2003, 06:17 PM
Where are you from? Some GM dealers can handle Isuzu as mine does.... My check engine light came on and it turned out to be the EGR valve which seems to be a common problem with a VX.... Let me know

newthings
12/29/2003, 07:06 PM
The code for the evaporative control system(gas cap, etc.) is 1441. I am having a recurring 1441 since the S/C went on. Linkage not obvious.
Roy

johnnyapollo
12/29/2003, 07:52 PM
You may want to have your gas cap tested, or try another cap. It may not be sealing properly. If you're under warranty, they will replace it. Just something to think about. If adjusting the cap worked for 110 miles, it could still be the problem.

-- John

XCross69
12/30/2003, 10:55 AM
OK, went to AUTOZONE (cause they check it free ya know) and had them do a check on it. Well, beings I was pressed for time I walked out without write-n down the code number that came up....long story short, one guy said it was a sensor gone bad...well the other guy right away said that wasn't it because a sensor would throw a different code. Anyway, the guy tells me its probably a vacuum leak somewhere? So could it be the fuel cap? The check engine light is now off, and to my knowledge they didn't reset it. The one guy wanted to but the other said "don't its against store policy to reset it if we haven't done anything to fix it?" Which sounds logic to me!! Now its off, guess I will just wait to see if/when it comes back on....and I am going to check the fuel cap AGAIN!

I think the code was like 701???? though I could have been see-n numbers that weren't there...sure it started with a 7 though...I should just call and ask them what it was....

SGT.BATGUANO
12/31/2003, 01:11 AM
Should be a 4 digit code beginning with a 0 or 1.

XCross69
12/31/2003, 08:26 AM
Light is back on.....guess I will be take-n further action now;-(