PDA

View Full Version : Blinkers not working......

SPAZZ
12/29/2003, 10:29 AM
My blinkers are not working. I was wondering if the VX has blinker fluid.... and ...if it does...is it hard to replace:confused: :confused:

Thanks for any help, you guys are all so great!!!

VX_PA
12/29/2003, 10:43 AM
Oh yeah, the fluid resavior is located beside the exhaust pressure dump valve near the back of the engine. At's difficult to fill though because the cap is on the bottom of the tank. You have to pour the turn signal fluid upside-down. Once you accomplish that your turnsignals will operate fine and dandy.;)

Everyone,
Make sure that your turn signal fluid is full at all times, especially in cold climates. It's a very important part of general maintenance.

Rickster
12/29/2003, 01:49 PM
Do any manufacturers offer a synthetic?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Rickster

VX_PA
12/29/2003, 02:04 PM
But of course they do, right along with the synthetic coolant.

:D :D :D

MZ-N10
12/29/2003, 02:43 PM
flip upside down to fill...sounds like u need some crazy mechanic to do tat......or u can use one of them acne reverse gravity thing i saw on looney toons...
________
Bongs (http://glassbongs.org/)

Anita
12/29/2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by MZ-N10
flip upside down to fill...

I'm not saying a word...

:naughty:

XCross69
12/30/2003, 04:57 AM
When I had my blinker fluid checked the dealer said it was low....they were out of Blinker fluid so they substituted with Brake fluid....now my blinkers flash when I use my brakes:rotate:

Hey, at least they flash with Tones 3rd brake light flasher!!

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/30/2003, 06:24 AM
I use the extended "long" life blinker fluid as the regular stuff thins out over time and your blinkers start slowing down; kinda like this:

BLINK....Blink.............blink.................. .....................bli--nk..............................................b l i n k..........................

That's where Blink182 got their name....182 seconds between blinks!

Apostle
12/30/2003, 06:25 AM
Spazz, it may not be your blinker fluid. Sometimes when they dont work, they are out of sync. Make sure and check your frequency grease. Sometimes it gets clogged.

Also, the electric charge may be caught in the lines. Unplug the bulb from the socket and try to blow some air into the wire. Might loosen up the signal.

VX_PA
12/30/2003, 06:38 AM
It's funny, I've seen people unplug their turn signal connection and start wiping off the frequency grease. Don't think that they understand that turn signal fluid won't work properly without the assistance of the white frequency grease.

This site is so great and full of knowledge which leads to power. Soon we'll be able to take over the world!:evil:

On Your Left
12/30/2003, 07:20 AM
Thanks SPAZZ. I laughed my @ss off when I read your post yesterday. You all are hilarious. The funniest part of this is thinking about how many guys out there believe this and are looking for the blinker fluid resovoir to make sure they don't run low.

I'd love to see the face on the service manager when they bring in their VX for servicing and also ask for the fluid to be blinker checked. ;Db;

JT

Dallas4u
12/30/2003, 08:20 AM
Instructions on changing blinker fluid (http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/blinkerfluid1.html)

VX_PA
12/30/2003, 08:27 AM
Look at that, step by step instructions! See JT, and you thought we were BS'ing all of you!!

In the VX we have to watch out for that rice.:cool:

MZ-N10
12/30/2003, 11:11 AM
hey....when did our vx turn into a eclipse(?)??
________
Ceramic Bong (http://glassgallery.tumblr.com)

Apostle
12/30/2003, 02:18 PM
Oh damn, forgot about the rice in the blinker fluid, that can cause problems if not adequatly drained.

EDIT: one thing the instructions forgot to mention. If your resevoir is on the left hand side of your car, you will need a Left handed torque wrench.

SPAZZ
12/30/2003, 06:46 PM
I'm trying really hard to find the reservoirs...but I nor anyone else can find them:confused: :confused: :confused:

can someone show pics of where they are on a VX?

Apostle
12/30/2003, 07:06 PM
CANT FIND IT????

Its labeled, actually engraved and inset with powder coating. Letters are like 3 inches tall.

Look on the back of the engine. You have to climb on top and stick your head way down there to see it.

oh, and open the hood. might help

SGT.BATGUANO
12/31/2003, 12:24 AM
Try this first. To check if your blinkers are working properly, with the vehicle running or key in "on" position, lift the lever on the left side of the steering column up until it clicks. That should actuate the right blinker. Next move the same lever down 2 clicks to actuate the left blinker. Return the lever to the center position when finished testing. Problem solved! When driving, you shouldn't have to return the lever to the center "neutral" position as the auto makers who dared to install this feature have come up with a brilliant self- cancelling function that is supposed to turn the blinker off after you finish making a turn in the direction of the blinking side. You will, however, have to re-initialize the blinker for each turn you make. Also, there is no need to use the blinker around curves in the road or when travelling straight ahead. It seems that many people have not mastered or even attempted the technique for using this amazing option. Hope this helps.

The blinker fluid article also failed to mention to re-check the fluid level after several applications of the blinkers, due to trapped air in the system. The blinker system is self- bleeding and any trapped air will be expelled through the vent tube on the back side of the resevoir. The fluid will eventually replace the expelled air, and that is why the level should be re-checked.

MZ-N10
12/31/2003, 01:10 AM
If one really insist on changing the blinker fluild and has no idea where to change it at....just take a 20lbs sludge and gentally knock the front and the rear blinkers...now there should be a small hole....now go to your nearest gas station get 1 gallon of gasoline (gasoline is easier to find then blinker fluid),dont worry about the octane, and a lighter, pour the gasoline into the hole. now light it with teh ligher...repeat until all blinkers are glowing with a firery red.....
________
Side effects from prilosec (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

VX_PA
12/31/2003, 08:40 AM
U don't need no stinkin blinkers anyway!! Just stick your arm out the window and give the ol hand signal to turn. Just keep that middle finger to yourself!! :rolleyes:

Just don't signal when you're in the stream rolling the VX to clean the windsheild!! :laugho:

Triathlete
12/31/2003, 09:06 AM
I got tired of searching for the blinker fluid resivoir so I decided to just blink my eyes. Blink left eye for left turn, blink right eye for right turn, and blink both eyes for emergency blinkers! Works the same as far as I can see and doesn't cost a cent! FREE FIX FREE FIX FREE FIX!:smack: :thumbup: :dance:

Moncha
12/31/2003, 05:02 PM
Funny! But, I have to say this has got to be rated as one of the dumbest threads I've read in a long time.

As far as the poking fun at "Newbie" questions, STOP! You have to start somewhere and WE ALL started out as a newbie and WE ALL had questions at sometime. The only thing dumb about asking questions is not asking them.

tomdietrying
01/01/2004, 04:25 PM
I agree with Moncha 100%.

I'll just add that I'm very disappointed in some of the leaders of this board who helped contribute to this topic.

Thanks Moncha for stepping up to the plate and hitting a grand slam.

SGT.BATGUANO
01/02/2004, 01:00 AM
I thought it was funny too, but never took this particular thread as anything more than a running gag between some bored VX'ers, I saw no reference to noob's here, but I think I know where that remark is directed.

VX_PA
01/02/2004, 11:37 AM
Okay everyone, please stop looking for your blinker fluid resevoir. There isn't one and there will never be one. This thread wasn't meant to offend anyone. We were just trying to shake things up a little. A little humor, that's all it was.

If anyone would like to rip me personally "a new one" just send an e-mail, I don't mind.

Remember:
Life's too short to be so serious, have fun whenever you get the opportunity.

Moncha
01/02/2004, 05:40 PM
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't ripping anyone in particular. I was merely pointing out that there has been a growing trend that was brought to my attention. See this post (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?postid=24147#post24147). I for one, love to see the jovial nature of this forum and will support any good joke but, never at the expense of others. Keep it fun and honest and I'd never have anything to moderate.

coachreed
01/11/2004, 05:05 PM
Hey Spazz! Is that why you turned your VX upside down?! So you could safely change your blinker fluid?! That should do just fine as opposed to using the ACME reverse-gravity module someone mentioned about. This is a great, informative thread! Thanks for bring it to attention... MOST people take this forgranted... heck, nex thing you know, they will run dry and cause an accident... geesh!

TTYL!

Dallas4u
01/11/2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Moncha
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't ripping anyone in particular. I was merely pointing out that there has been a growing trend that was brought to my attention. See this post (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?postid=24147#post24147). I for one, love to see the jovial nature of this forum and will support any good joke but, never at the expense of others. Keep it fun and honest and I'd never have anything to moderate.

Not to nit pick, but there have been some posts removed from that topic.