PDA

View Full Version : Speaker mount part number

Dallas4u
12/29/2003, 09:11 AM
Ok... I hacked my rear speaker mounts all to pieces a couple years ago, trying to fit in 6x9's. I made them fit, then blew one. I'm going to put some 6.5's back in there, but I need to order the speaker mounts and start fresh once again.

Anyway, I have been looking through the VX parts list, and I don't see a listing for the rear mounts anywhere on the list. Maybe my eyes are foggy from the snow this morning (yup, 2-3 inches in Portland, OR), but I just don't see any part drawing or any listing for these rear speaker mounts.

Does anyone have any idea? I'm going to email St. Charles about ordering, and wanted the part number first. I can email them to find it, but I thought I'd spare them the extra time.

Thanks ahead of time!!!

Dallas4u
12/29/2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
if I still had mine I would gladly give them to you, but the ex wife threw them out in the garbage along with my air box and other spare parts.

Ouch... that stuff always seems to come in handy at some point.

Thanks dude.

Dallas4u
12/31/2003, 08:11 AM
For those of you that have 'modified' your rear speaker mounting brackets, here is the price quote I received from St.Charles...

Quote from email received from St.Charles Isuzu
The rear speaker mounting brackets are 8-97176-236-4, and
8-97176-234-4; list price of $110.27 each, your cost $93.73.

Looks like I may try and fabricate my own somehow. :(

MZ-N10
12/31/2003, 11:28 AM
wat happened to the ones u cut up?
________
Depakote lawsuit info (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

Dallas4u
12/31/2003, 11:31 AM
They are cut to fit 6x9's. When I cut them to fit, they were cut basically in half, and the hole was ovaled to mount the 6x9 frame. Now, they can't hold a 6.5" speaker because of the gruesome hacking job that I performed.

MZ-N10
12/31/2003, 11:36 AM
u wanna trade? i just bought some 6x9s for my vx and i was just plannin to start cutting today....
________
Buy e cigarette (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

VX_PA
12/31/2003, 11:37 AM
I wonder if there's anyone who is currently working on their system that can mock you up a template and send it to you?

MZ-N10
12/31/2003, 11:39 AM
tat would even be better....i was just planning to take a saw and cut here and there...and here...until it fit....(kinda)
________
LucyBanks (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/LucyBanks)

VX_PA
12/31/2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by MZ-N10
tat would even be better....i was just planning to take a saw and cut here and there...and here...until it fit....(kinda)

I did that once with my Honda CRX si. Beleive me, it never turns out too pretty? I ended up having to buy new speaker covers and new rear panels for the car. I probably could have left it the way it turned out but I'm kinda picky when it comes to my rides. I was actually able to sell my old panels to a guy that liked how they turned out. Go figure?

Dallas4u
12/31/2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by MZ-N10

That's exactly what I did... and it isn't too pretty.

MZ-N10
12/31/2003, 12:12 PM
lol it sounds like a plan....
________
The Legend Condo Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Dallas4u
01/21/2004, 12:44 PM
I'd just like to give a shout to All Hyundai and Isuzu Parts (http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com) as they had the speaker mounts from a VehiCROSS they have in salvage. Instead of the $93.73/ea St.Charles wanted for them new, All Hyundai and Isuzu Parts sold them to me for $15/ea.

Great place to deal with. They even went to check, right then and there, on another part I wanted that was already gone. I will definitely call them again if I need anything.

jim.LR>AR
01/22/2004, 01:21 PM
I made custom mounts out of 3/4 mdf board from home depot. I traced the outide of the original mount on the mdf board , marked the holes , and cut the round hole for the speaker . Screwed the speaker to the mdf, the mdf to the door and the cover, covers the ugly. If you can't trace a original just figure your screw hole positions and the rest draw aline there is about 1 inch between the cover and the door to play with. I wish I had pics of mine real easy. I just thre the original mounts away last night. After completing the rear. Now those are a little more difficult. the driver side took 2 hours but I learned a lot . The passenger 1 hour 3/4 drunk. Tip for the rear is go in from the back and pop out moulding. Not the front.much easier .

jim.LR>AR
01/22/2004, 01:22 PM
100 bucks for plastic iscrazy I can make you so mdf for $90 even and I'll pay shipping...:D :D ;eekb;

Dallas4u
01/22/2004, 01:44 PM
Guys, I'm talking about the metal mounting brackets that the speakers mount to behind the rear interior cladding... not the plastic covers IN the rear interior cladding.

By the way, I was thinking about making the mounting brackets out of plywood or mdf, but I couldn't beat this price.

jim.LR>AR
01/22/2004, 01:59 PM
my bad you did say rear. ... I thought "plastic" you refered to front door speakers. I didn't have any plastic on the rear mountings. All metal with three screws hloding it to the wall. forgive please. That would be hard one to fab.sheet metal???? I guess. bent to the angles.??

Eckstream
01/23/2004, 01:21 AM
I molded mine from fiberglass for 6x9's...... Went pretty easy in the summer. Im also working on a fiberglass subwoofer enclosure that I may sell on ebay if it looks good in the VX.....