PDA

View Full Version : Rental

Bantan
12/29/2003, 08:32 AM
Ok, so here is the deal - While I was away in the UK my VX was sitting at the dealer waiting to be fixed and fitted with parts ordered from a from a previous visit.

Cruise control button(posted in an earlier post)
Check Engine light - engine stalling (manifold)
Windshield washer reservoir leak (cracked washer motor)
Inoperative rear door/window defoger switch
New Remote (needed programming)

They had the car for five days and only fixed the washer leak. Not sure why cause they had all the parts, they even sent me a post card in the mail notifying me that the parts were in. I did not need a rental then, because I was not here. But now I'm back, I took it back in and they told me that Isuzu does not provide rentals. I am still under warrantee. When I purchased the VX I was told by the sales rep that Isuzu provides rentals if they keep your car over night or longer and actually got a rental from them the next day after purchase when my window would not go up.

Can anyone verify if ISUZU does indeed provide rentals in warrantee service situations?

:thanx: Brothers & Sisters

VX_PA
12/29/2003, 08:41 AM
I think that the dealer should offer you a loaner car/truck in order to satisfy a customer--that being you. It shouldn't have anything to do with whether Isuzu offers rentals or not. Do they want you to buy another vehicle from them ever again??

When I was getting my engine replaced, with-out any assistance from Isuzu, my dealer gave me a 2002 Chevy S-10. That was just to show me--the customer-- that they valued my business and would hope that I would make another purchase with them in the future.

Use your I'm the customer power to force them to offer you a ride while your VX is getting repaired.

No loaner--Blah plooyee!:confused:

Anita
12/29/2003, 08:44 AM
I've never heard anything like that . I believe rentals are at the discretion of the dealer. I wouldnt believe anything a rep from a dealer says unless it is backed up in writing.

Panther_Black_VX
12/29/2003, 09:43 AM
The insurance company covered some of my rental costs.

SPAZZ
12/29/2003, 10:18 AM
Isuzu Dealer kept my VX for 1 and a half months tryingto fix a warranty problem..... and NOT ONCE DID THEY GIVE ME A RENTAL...not even when I talked to Isuzu America, Dealer owner, or service manager:mad:

Heraclid
12/29/2003, 03:03 PM
Cracked washer pump, eh? My windshield washer fluid reservoir has been leaky and mine seems to be leaking out of the pump itself as well. Oughta be a cheap fix at least.

psychos2
12/29/2003, 04:30 PM
it all depends on how much you bitch. i have gotten a rental a couple times. only after complaining and complaining and complaining. shawn

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/30/2003, 07:00 AM
My dealer doesn't have "rentals" or "loaners" but, when they kept my VX overnight to fix an electrical problem, they offered me a ride home via a "shuttle service" mini-van and said they'd pick me up at home when it was done. Worked out great as I live 20miles away from dealer and had my Fiero at home to drive.

Since I had to drive the Fiero to work the next morning...I swung by the dealership after work and the VX was done. They followed me home as I drove the VX and brought me back to get my Fiero. I was happy with the service.

VX_PA
12/30/2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
had my Fiero at home to drive.

You need to post some pics of the Fiero. I had two in the past, my first car was an '85 Fiero 4 cyl. About 1 year later I got hit by a drunk driver on the driver-side door--totalled my car. Luckily I wasn't injured. I couldn't find another Fiero right away so I bought a 1985 Mazda RX-7. Drove it for about 6 months and found a 1986 Fiero SE-V6 5 speed. I still wish I had that car--ahh memories--sold it in 1994 after I hit a deer doing about 80. Knocked the passenger headlight off, bent the antena, and cracked the windshield....that's it.....I was amazed. Didn't feel like fixing it back then so I sold it. At the time I had a 1988 IROC-Z that I was spending all my time on, it turned out great by the way. Just sold the IROC last year for $5,500 to help with the down payment on my house. Now my toys are the VX and my Suzuki GSX-R 750 SHRAD.

Scrapin 240
01/20/2004, 04:29 PM
yeah man, you pretty much out of luck. Only really the "bigger" car companies (BMW, Benz, Lex, Infiniti, etc.)really give loaners and that leaves us regular people in the cold. :mad:

BTW what dealer is this?

Daver
01/21/2004, 06:43 AM
Even with BMW, it's at the discretion of the dealer. Kind of a toss-up. Most BMW dealers will have no problem giving out a loaner IF you bought your car from them. Some dealers will even give out a loaner if you didn't buy your car from them, but they are not as common. Some dealers keep a fleet of loaner BMWs, some just have an in-house Enterprise (or whoever) rep that'll get you a Dodge Stratus.

For an engine replacement you usually get a BMW loaner, though. :)

So, no matter what kind of car, a good relationship with your dealer will get you everywhere.

-Daver

Bantan
01/21/2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Scrapin 240
BTW what dealer is this?

Robert Chevrolet Isuzu
236 South Broadway.
Hicksville, NY 11801
Phone 516-931-1145
Fax 516-931-4691

XCross69
01/21/2004, 09:35 AM
Its totally all up to the dealer!! When my VX went 100 miles away for service they informed me that Isuzu does NOT provide loaner cars under factory warranty...Sounds like poor busn. to me!! Though out of the few Ford products I have had, anytime I needed something done to em they never hesitated, always provided me with something to drive!