PDA

View Full Version : plastic hood sccops

glock
11/26/2002, 03:59 PM
does anyone know if they make an aftermarket hood scoop that would fit the vehicle? The sites I looked on didn't have any listed for isuzu?

Baxman
11/26/2002, 06:57 PM
Glock, welcome to the board! You are asking good questions, but these are issues that have been discussed here and on the V-Mag board. Use the "search" feature above and you will likely find detailed answers to your questions;Db;

glock
11/27/2002, 10:28 AM
Thanks I will check it out

synopsis
11/27/2002, 09:56 PM
Hey Everyone!
I share Glock's question about the plastic hood scoop, and an additional question of the best way to remove the rear isuzu logo. I tried searching for it, maybe I'm missing something, I'm kinda tired. Ifanyone is willing to point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!! :mbrasd:

geshaw30
11/28/2002, 06:57 AM
You'd have to go to VMag and search "debadging" but here is the answer to removing the rear logo. Very simple actually,a hair dryer on the letters to loosen the glue. Then slowly pull off the lettering. I used a little gas to wipe off any remaing glue still on the finish. A word of caution, if your VX is not "garage kept" you might run the risk of finding a "ghost" being left behind. Numerous options have reviewed as to get rid of this problem (i.e. clay bars) but very few folks have actually had the situation occur.
The decals on the factory rims, and the ISUZU on the front grill, can be removed in the same manner. As to the rims, you'll need an additional screwdriver (long shaft flathead) to get under the decal and pop it in half then pliers to pull it away..it's on there good! Best of luck
________
Honda X4 history (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_X4)