PDA

View Full Version : Loud squeak from under hood

VX_PA
12/29/2003, 06:01 AM
Last week I drove from PA to NC to spend Christmas with my wife's family. So as I'm driving, I kept hearing a loud squeak from under the hood. It's mostly while cornering and hitting rough spots on the road, kinda like the whole engine shifts because I feel the weight difference. I haven't had a chance to try to diagnose the problem myself, but I know it never made that sound before I had my engine replaced. Now I will have to take it back to the dealer so that they can fix it. I can't tell where exactly it is coming from, but hopefully it's an easy fix. I'd probably be better off having monkeys service my VX.

BTW, I saw a White VX on Sunday Dec. 28 going south on I-81 near Wythesville, VA. Anyone here??

AREA 51
12/29/2003, 07:16 AM
Did you try lubing and/or adjusting the hood latch and front corner hood height adjusters/bumpers?

VX_PA
12/29/2003, 07:36 AM
That's what I was hoping it would be, but I checked that as soon as I arrived in NC. It's not either the latch or the rubber adjusters. I don't know if it could be a motor mount or something else that is loose on the engine. I'll try to check it more after work tonight.

AREA 51
12/29/2003, 10:00 AM
Don't forget to check shocks, swaybars and their bushings and links.

powered by isuzu
12/30/2003, 01:55 PM
i had the same squeaking from under the hood of my vx whenever i was on a bumpy road. Put a wad of grease on the hood latch and presto........squeak go by by. Hope this helps. ;Dy;

MZ-N10
12/30/2003, 02:08 PM
yea i had some squeeeeekin under the hood too....then i replace teh hood...no more squeeking...
________
Avandia lawsuit information (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)