PDA

View Full Version : Favorite VX cleaning products?

Lease-V-cross
12/29/2003, 03:42 AM
I was wondering what everyone uses to clean their VX cladding. I find the "Black Magic" products to be very good. I spray it on the cladding and then gently rub it in. I also use the Black Magic tire shine but this is a little trickier. I hold up a large trash can lid over the rims before I spray around the tire. Works every time!
Does anyone have a particular car wax they use for the body? I never wax the cladding.

johnnyapollo
12/29/2003, 04:47 AM
Try Maguire's Endurance gel for your tires and cladding.

I use Zaino products for the leather and paint.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

-- John

joe-yamma
12/29/2003, 06:27 AM
I wasn't impressed with the Black Magic on the cladding (seemed quite "oily" and didn't want to soak into to the cladding for me).

I started using 303 protectant on my Jeep soft top and plastic windows and then ended up using it on everything!

I plan to give the cladding and tires a good coating with 303 this week as my wife got me a 32oz spray bottle as a stocking stuffer.

I want to coat the headlight lenses to help resist mud and ice/salt from sticking to them.

The stuff works great on the interior too.

Joe

Heraclid
12/29/2003, 02:57 PM
Started off using Son of a Gun protectant, then switched to Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel. Meguiar's lasts much longer and resists streaking better. I apply it pretty liberally, and it's quite greasy-looking at first. Let it set a bit, then wipe down with a clean cloth to take some of the shine and any excess off/even it out. After a few days and then a washing it will look its best.

Anita
12/29/2003, 03:11 PM
Joe,

Let us know how that 303 works.

With Sun of a Gun there is some streaking after a rain. Other products I have tried attract dirt so its always great to learn about products not mentioned up to now.

Joe_Black
12/29/2003, 03:23 PM
Meguiar's Endurance Gold for the cladding and tires, can't be beat. Apply as described by Heraclid. I've used 3M and Meguiar's products in the past when I ran a detail shop, but plan to give the Zaino products a spin after seeing the results on Johnnyapollo's Proton. I've also used the Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner with good results for the interior.

joe-yamma
12/29/2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Joe,Let us know how that 303 works.

No problem Anita, I'll keep ya posted.
I have used it on everything but the cladding, but I think it will work very well. It was the best thing I ever used on my Jeep's fender flares.
They say it's like SPF 40 and I beleive it.

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

Joe

hitnrun74
12/30/2003, 04:27 AM
I use mother's "back to black" on my cladding. It seems to last a lot longer than any of the other products I've tried. Meguiar's on my tires and collinite's insulator wax on the paint.

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/30/2003, 06:41 AM
After trying both products:

I use Mother's Back 2 Black on my cladding for regular "daily" duty as it doesn't streak if rain hits and takes time to wear off; but, doesn't have the shine I get with STP Son of a Gun....So

I use STP Son of a Gun for car shows or otherwise special occassions when I want the most shine and am not expecting rain to hit...However...looks like *****t if it gets wet and streaks...even dew-drops in the early morning make it look terrible!