PDA

View Full Version : Ground Wire Kit

johnnyapollo
12/28/2003, 08:18 PM
Anyone know anything about adding a Ground Wire kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33578&item=2450221086

Saw the above on eBay and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it, or whether it's another scam. First I've heard of it.

-- John

kpaske
12/28/2003, 11:48 PM
Sounds like a bunch of bull to me. I've oversized my ground wires from my battery, to the engine block, and to the frame to lower resistance when running high end audio, but I honestly don't see how it would have any effect on engine performance.

MZ-N10
12/29/2003, 12:29 AM
"Circle Earth System

Circle Plate - The HKS circle plate allows for the freedom to choose the thickness and the number of wires (up to 24 lines) to be used. Depending on the specific application, either the Separate Type (remotely located from battery terminal) or the Direct Type (directly mounted onto the battery terminal) are utilized.

24K Gold Plating and High Quality Wire - Each of the 8scq wires consist of 658 winded 0.12mm lines that allow each wire to withstand up to a maximum of 65A." -HKSUSA.COM
________
Group Sex Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/group-sex/)

Apostle
12/29/2003, 05:31 AM
that dont look like a ground wire, just looks like a solonoid and spark wires.

atm ours are black with red caps (seperate solonoids for each spark plug) this looks like it replaces those with blue wires.

terminology is wrong (not a mechanic) but you open the hood and you will see what im talking about.

and of course i could totally be off my rocker, but thats what it looks like to me. as far as MZ stated, yup thats all true. but what it looks like to me, is what i described

MZ-N10
12/29/2003, 02:02 PM
Not even the manufactuer they copied off of had the nuts to say it adds horses....

"Circular Grounding System - By utilizing a 24 karat gold plated distribution block and multiple grounding points, improved idle and drivability are often obtained as the additional grounding points equalize resistance and voltage between various ground points. Each 8 guage spiral twined cable is wrapped with signature HKS purple plastic to protect and add color to the Circle Earth System. Vehicle specific kits included pre-measured cable lengths and distribution blocks." -HKSUSA.COM
________
Acrylic vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

Hotsauce
12/30/2003, 06:18 PM
Our O2 sensor has its own ground return, so I doubt that upgrading ground can effect tuning. Of course, it can't hirt, and anything that elimate chassis as conductor will improve stereo performance, and reduce rusting. I've seen cars with ground strap from hood to chassis.

John C.

Navigator
12/30/2003, 06:37 PM
...Sounds like a load of BS to me ;puke:

Tone
12/30/2003, 07:43 PM
Definite total BS and zero HP increase. But I do have some really cool stickers that I’d like to sell you...

MZ-N10
12/30/2003, 11:53 PM
cool stickers huh...i want some cool stickers...do they say powered by honda...or MUGEN!!!?!?!?! better yet....TYPE R
________
Laguna Heights Condominium Wong Amat (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

xman
10/15/2008, 02:15 AM
i konw for a fact it will give some hp it varies from car to car... that being said it isnt that much hp were only talking like 4-6 hp max

ojmagg
10/15/2008, 06:35 AM
Ya dude, but if you buy like 10 of them that's like 40 to 60 hp!! Then, get yourself one of them tornados...you'll be at 100 hp before you know it...

VehiGAZ
10/15/2008, 08:30 AM
We need to quit poking fun at the noobs!!!

(even when they resurrect 5-yr-old threads!)

don moore
10/15/2008, 10:45 AM
I got like this hood scoop thing and stuck it on my like car and it makes it look like i have like a hotrod zoom zoom motor thing in my car...it goes so fast now..and like looks cool and everything.......well it dont go faster ..but it looks like it does... sorry I had to :p

xman
10/15/2008, 01:18 PM
yeah guys sorry about the whole resurrecting a the 5yr old thread but i couldnt help it when i see somthing wrong i have to correct it... especially since im so good at it... lol :bgwg:

don moore
10/15/2008, 08:48 PM
good job Xman...We do this to break U in.:p.They still do it to me .:cool:..lol