PDA

View Full Version : I'm a smoke-R

XCross69
12/20/2003, 07:36 PM
Well, its official!! My VX smokes when I start it...Probably has been doing it for awhile just never really noticed it? However today I hit my remote start as I was stand-n behind it....Wasn't long I thought I died and gone to heaven, surrounded by a white clouds!(nah, it wasn't that bad but still) This is for sure the one habit I didn't want my VX to pick up. Now I wonder if it smokes at all while I am drive-n it....I know it uses/burns oil but I thought it was do-n it at the point you really couldn't see it. My biggest worry is that I'm gonna be one of these guys have-n to have major engine work done. My 99 has 55,000 miles on it and the nearest Isuzu dealer is, lets say, a good road trip away! Gee, I quit smoke-n a LONG time ago......can't my VX just quit to:mad:

Are there many smokers out there?

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/20/2003, 10:38 PM
The color of the smoke can be an indicator...if it's blue than you're burning oil...white is moisture/water vapor which can be normal if your VX sat a while and has water/condensation in the exhaust...however, excessive white smoke is possibly a failed head gasket...black smoke is an overly rich condition which has numerous causes. (O2 sensor could be one.)

mrtew
12/20/2003, 10:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your VX. I feel so sorry for people with cars that go bad like that. I used to resent the cloud of smoke they'd put in MY face until it happened to me in my MR2 a few thousand miles before my engine blew (head gasket). I hope your situation somehow works out OK. You don't think it could have been steam do you? Smoke isn't usually white.... it's gray-blue. Maybe you're going to be OK?