PDA

View Full Version : Stand up and be counted

Moncha
05/24/2002, 11:55 PM
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD!

This thread is only to be used to keep a running count of the VX's in this club.
By filling out the above poll, we will be able to track just how many VX's there are and of what color.

Post your intros here (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35) , tell us a little about yourself and your VX (Your name [nickname], year, color, last 4 of your VIN#, mods and a small blurb your occupation, hobbies, etc.)

Thanks for posting and have fun!!

Trygve
01/03/2012, 10:10 AM
As a 60 year old female who currently lives in the snow belt, i bought this as i loved looks (sort of like a small lexus?), love the leather. I just bought this VX Dec 5th and the check engine light came on yesterday? It passed Ohio's e-check two weeks ago.
Also if anyone can tell me what to put it in while backing down an icy hill, my driveway, would appreciate it! Mary alias Trgve ( my husband)

tom4bren
02/07/2012, 03:54 PM
sent ya a PM

sean_grigoros
03/12/2012, 09:07 PM
my first VX was bought in HK 1997 with Blue metalic, cause I got to move back to Canada, that why I sold vehicle with no choice. then I bought 2000 grey in Toronto in 2002, but my wife wrecked a year after, currently I am look for the third, anyone can help me to locate a VX with good mileage and good condition, i am planning to buy one and keep it, it does have a lots of centmental value for me. hopefully i could get one soon.

Pacifico
04/05/2012, 11:56 PM
Hi everyone i'm glad I came acroos this cool wed site
I have a 2001 Black v-cross in mint condition this is a cool little bad boy
cool to drive every and eny were.

JoFotoz
04/17/2012, 06:10 PM
Good to have another VX in San Diego!

We should meet for a beer one of these days...I'm in Pacific Beach.

ATB

Jo

Kong
05/29/2012, 04:23 PM
I bought my JDM Astral Silver in April 2012. This car is 15 years old as it is 1997 made. However, I still decided to own because it is my dream car since 15 years ago. Very rare in Malaysia, less than 8 in the country.
Very exciting to know and join this community.
Enjoy!

ArizonaVXer
07/04/2012, 05:52 PM
Hello, I purchased my White 99 Ironman about 2 months ago. I love, love love it. I live in Arizona and would love to find other VXers that live out here. I am keeping my eye open for any great deals on a Yellow Proton. I am so glad I found this site. Hasta Tomas

Triathlete
07/04/2012, 06:02 PM
I am in Tucson as is TucsonVX and VXCaver. VXKat is in Dewey, Zu4two, MHill are in the Phoenix area as are several other VXers. Welcome!

VX KAT
07/04/2012, 10:11 PM
Welcome AZ VXer!
VX KAT here...up the hill near Prescott like Billy said.

Sounds like a good time to start planning another VX meet :thumbup:
but um.... not until it's cooler.....(only Billy likes it REALLY hot...cuz he's a little crazy!) :laugho:

Billy, have any suggested trails, maybe Crown King or around there?? Don't know if the fire has altered any near there.

Here's threads from some past VX meets:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18755&highlight=arizona+meet

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=21101&highlight=arizona+meet

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16437&highlight=arizona+meet

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=19574&highlight=superbowl

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18248&highlight=arizona+meet

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11211&highlight=arizona+meet

vahearm17
09/09/2012, 06:44 AM
hello

vahearm17
09/09/2012, 06:46 AM
i need to repair my engine and dont know what parts to use

RodL
12/08/2012, 10:27 AM
Drove home in the new to me 1999 VCross 200 mile first trip. Rode, drove and handled well. All Florida flat lands and turnpike. Set the cruise at 75 and sat back to feel the sensations of a different vehicle. Have a few things that need to be done and will be reading everything available here.

Rod

Ldub
12/18/2012, 06:22 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=33&postcount=1

:rolleyesg...:rotate:

44ficus44
01/08/2013, 11:00 PM
so i just got my VX in oct. it usto be yellow but it slowly transformed into a beast.

nice black and orange baja style. lifted it a bit with off road tires. inner mods, and more to come. check it out.

\\http://s14.postimage.org/uj82zbt6p/IMG_20120815_142923.jpg

when its complete ill let it be known.

Ldub
01/09/2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=33&postcount=1

:rolleyesg...:rotate:

:_thinking

ABDragonVX
02/13/2013, 11:44 AM
Hey everyone. Finally signed up after lurking for a while. I bought my vehicross a few months ago with 55,000 miles and it now has 64,000. Its a great little unit for Alberta winters. I currently use it to commute to and from school and its taking the miles well. I've got a slow oil consumption issue and will be switching oils here for a while and hopefully that will clear it up. Aside from that its mostly stock, I've removed the radio, and added an aftermarket one where the CD player used to be. Plan is to use the upper space for a couple of gauges. I have focal front component speakers, Polk rears, and Polk 8" sub in the rear being ran by a digital design 5 channel power house. Currently fabbing up my nitrous system, with the intent of running a 100 wet shot on a wot and window switch. Other then that its pretty well stock. My future plan is to line-x the plastic cladding and I've just seen a member who put a rear facing heat extraction hood in and I'd like to copy that. I know everyone likes pictures. Ill try to post some after I'm back from Mexico. Big shout out to the communtiy from a new Alberta VX owner.

don moore
03/10/2013, 07:59 PM
up here in Oregon ..welcome to the obsession

EVO
03/27/2013, 01:11 PM
Wait a minute I am standing!! I guess I should fix this! Howdy! My name is Vince and am a new enthusiast in the VX community. She's got 171K on her and still running strong! Fell in love with the VX's 14 years ago but never owned one until now. I drive her everyday now and love every minute!!!

Ldub
03/27/2013, 04:58 PM
Wait a minute I am standing!!

:_thinking

SRSLY people...:_confused

Did anyone bother to read the FIRST POST (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=33&postcount=1)???

The BOLD RED LETTERS???

:slap:..:_thinking..:_confused..:laughing:..:slap: ..:_thinking..:_confused..:laughing:..:slap:

don moore
03/28/2013, 10:36 PM
hmmmmm

pRoToN vXeR
05/30/2013, 09:00 PM
Hello. .new to this great site..wife and I bought our proton last summer...we fell in love with ot.iy gets around in the snow flawlessly!

*albino*batman*
02/10/2014, 01:59 PM
Im in the currently flooded England. Its my first VX. Saw one a few years ago and looked it up on the internet. obviously i was unable to buy one as there were none for sale. browsing ebay last Saturday night after a few beers and THERE IT WAS. the very same car. the very next morning it was parked on my drive.
the guy i bought it off had it for his wife and it was not understood exactly what i was. Its currently in the shop as the suspension bangs from the front left but, i did get it for a steal.
its a 1997 JDM silver with the 3.2 and the Recarro cloth interior, but only has 88,000 Km on it and OZ rally wheels with 33" MT Tyres. Also has the JDM satnav, TV, Reverse camera etc. CArbon door cards, original over mats, wind deflectors.
in afew weeks ill post some before / after shots of it when i have put it bck to the standard id like it.

VXobsession
05/22/2014, 08:02 PM
Well, I'd vote more than once if I could. I've got 4 VX's now....I voted only once when I had only one...

jarvis
07/19/2014, 08:36 AM
First off computer dumb dumb here so please bare with..Been looking around and posting on this site since i saw the anomaly across the street from my house. around 2 wks ago maybe....beautiful light silver color etc. found out that's the astral silver a 99 ...a week later its in my driveway....been touch and go since ( cause trans. went out next day )....BUT...
For some reason it just did not enter my mind to back up off it...any way being fixed, and i cant wait to start my new obsession..oh i meant adventures / hobby...
Hope to learn how to post pics soon from my android as i have no puter currently....looking forward to the possibility of meeting up with some of the folks on this site soon ,,,would be interested in donating also so it can stay afloat i have really learned a ton in past few days...huge thanks sincerely to senior members for knowledge base helpfulness and dedication.
PS.....cant stand the mystery....whats zoid status ?

ps no2# ....hey !!! stop hoggin all the VXs VXobsession...

VX KAT
07/19/2014, 08:48 AM
First off computer dumb dumb here so please bare with..Been looking around and posting on this site since i saw the anomaly across the street from my house. around 2 wks ago maybe....beautiful light silver color etc. found out that's the astral silver a 99 ...a week later its in my driveway....been touch and go since cause trans. went out next day....BUT...
For some reason it just did not enter my mind to back up off it...any way being fixed, and i cant wait to start my new obsession..oh i meant adventures / hobby...
Hope to learn how to post pics soon from my android as i have no puter currently....looking forward to the possibility of meeting up with some of the folks on this site soon ,,,would be interested in donating also so it can stay afloat i have really learned a ton in past few days...huge thanks sincerely to senior members for knowledge base helpfulness and dedication.
PS.....cant stand the mystery....whats zoid status ?

What does "back up off it" mean and do for tranny?

Zoid is the first newbie level of # of posts on the forum.

Donate to site: http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Donations Site supporter status gives you larger PM (Private Message box) size and more photo space.

HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY:

Click on "Gallery" from the top banner along the top
Then click "Gallery Links", also along top banner
Find "Upload Photos" from drop down box
Next screen will show where you can attach up to 5 pics from your gallery
Look for "Choose file", click and then find the pic on your computer
After you've selected up to 5, scroll down and click button "Upload/Submit". It may take a minute or so.
After it uploads, a screen showing the pics you've just uploaded will appear.
Here you can add text or a title to each pic.
Click SUBMIT button

HOW TO ATTACH THEM TO A POST:

Start a post
On right side you'll see a small gray box titled "My pics"
Click "Open"
Find the pics in your Gallery and click "Upload"
Can add up to 20 pics in a single post
Once attached in the body of the post, hit the RETURN/ENTER key after each one so there's a space between each pic.

BTW (by the way) I have a ton of VX reference info stuff categorized and organized that I can email or attach to a post for you...just let me know what you want. I may not own my VX any more but I still have a library of info available! :thumbup:

dietz99vcross
07/19/2014, 08:53 AM
I think he means he shouldn't have kept going, a.k.a. should have backed off, but instead kept going and now the tranny is toast. Just my guess.

VX KAT
07/19/2014, 08:54 AM
I think he means he shouldn't have kept going, a.k.a. should have backed off, but instead kept going and now the tranny is toast. Just my guess.

but it seems he says it's now fixed.....:_thinking

dietz99vcross
07/19/2014, 08:56 AM
No, I read it as it is being fixed.

VX KAT
07/19/2014, 09:00 AM
No, I read it as it is being fixed.
thx Mike!

larryb2417
08/04/2014, 03:43 PM
Hello. My name is Larry Barker, and I live in Rockville, Maryland, which is a suburb of Washington, D.C. I have been a used car manager and wholesale division manager, at a local MB, Bentley & RR Dealer for over 20 years. In this position I have purchased 3 VehiCross as trade vehicles, and I presently own a 2000 model which I purchased from a local, one-owner with only 36k miles. I think the VehiCross is one of the most unique vehicles produced, and I have truly enjoyed driving them. This vehicle was ahead of it's time, and I will always remember the first one I saw at the local Ford/Isuzu Dealer. I will be selling the 2000 soon, due to down-sizing, and moving to a location where I will not have adequate parking. I wish I had found this forum sooner, and had access to the information I see available.

Bird Dog 36
09/14/2014, 08:43 PM
I have read a few threads about how to post pics; however, I must be missing something. When I click on "gallery" on the top menu, I don't see "gallery links" on the top menu of that page, or anywhere else for that matter, thus I can't find the "upload photos" drop down either. Thanks for any help.

VX KAT
09/14/2014, 09:33 PM
I have read a few threads about how to post pics; however, I must be missing something. When I click on "gallery" on the top menu, I don't see "gallery links" on the top menu of that page, or anywhere else for that matter, thus I can't find the "upload photos" drop down either. Thanks for any help.

not sure, but maybe you have to do a certain minimum number of posts before the Gallery feature is available to you? It's that way on other forums I've been on.
Site admin Moncha would know fer sur! (Scott....how's that work? :_thinking)

Bird Dog 36
09/17/2014, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the help.. Moncha got me all straightened out....

VX must GO
10/30/2014, 11:51 AM
Have 2001 Firefox and thought someone may be interested.

circmand
10/31/2014, 06:02 AM
The same old same old. Pictures, descriptions, mileage, Price, I doubt it will sell without at least some of this info.

scoobyzu
11/04/2014, 05:34 PM
This is my first vehicross and I love it! This is the second isuzu I've owned, the first was a 94 rodeo and it was a extremely tough vehicle. I have some plans for it, a lift, wheels and tires, and roof rack.

circmand
01/22/2015, 06:14 AM
This is my first vehicross and I love it! This is the second isuzu I've owned, the first was a 94 rodeo and it was a extremely tough vehicle. I have some plans for it, a lift, wheels and tires, and roof rack.

Make a list of what parts you need and check ebaymotors everyday. Post the list here and keep an eye on parts for sale. Supplies are a bit rare but with luck and diligence you should be okay.

COSMOSCROSS
03/20/2015, 10:15 AM
Still Restoring!

Otwobme
05/12/2015, 01:17 PM
Still Restoring!

i have a lot of parts if you need them just pm me and we can talk price.

Jeepsfun
05/25/2015, 07:00 AM
Hi names billy. Finally found a vx. Me and 14 year old are soooo excited. Can some one reply so I can learn to navigate this site

LittleBeast
06/04/2015, 08:13 AM
Hi names billy. Finally found a vx. Me and 14 year old are soooo excited. Can some one reply so I can learn to navigate this site

Well, the search should become your best friend, just look at the top of the homepage, or just start a thread and as you type the title it will suggest other threads that already exist that might answer your question before you post. If all else fails send a PM and ask someone, there are plenty of helpful people around here.

What is it you are looking for help with? What are you looking to do first with your VX?

Thelgord
07/01/2017, 11:00 AM
Hello, my name is Chris, and yesterday I picked #0209! It is supposed to be Ebony Black, and it will be again. After I remove the faux carbon fiber vinyl wrap.

Restoration begins .... now ... {queue the '80 working on stuff montage}

dadawalters
12/03/2017, 08:46 AM
Hi: My name is Dave and I own a 2001 Proton. It is my everyday driver and I am loving it. If you are shy don't drive one of these(everywhere you go people want to talk with you about the vehicle. I took it to my exhaust guy that has been custom fabbing exhaust for over 25 years(he had never seen one before). I took it to my mechanic to do complete brake job with rotors,calipers,pads and he had never worked on one before. I like it because it fits in my garage with all my Motorcycles and it has a very small turning radius(like my wrangler had). The turbo muffler sounds more like a crotch rocket than a car when I get on her. I really want to find a person that knows what make and model I could possibly use to put a nice beefy bull bar on her. i would put some pics on here but not very comp savy and don't know how.

VX KAT
12/03/2017, 10:46 AM
It's a Westin bar, can't recall model number right now, but then you have to have custom mounting brackets made. There's a few threads here and on the FB VX page where I've listed the info and included detailed pics of the mounting brackets. Search "Westin bull bar" should find it.

sm0ke3T1947
12/13/2017, 12:53 PM
Hello

My name is Ysaac & I purchased a 2001 kaiser obsession with a dead engine and tranny. Since I was young I have always liked the style and stance of the VX to show my commitment to the brand I am bringing one back from the dead. Checkout my build thread if you feel like learning, laughing, misspelled words and incorrect grammar.

Diesel rebirth in process..

Thelgord
12/14/2017, 05:50 PM
Welcome! I hope you can save it.

Thelgord
10/28/2018, 03:10 PM
Sounds sweet!

Camoman
03/07/2019, 05:08 AM
Mine is a 1999 silver bone stock vehicross that I bought from ft. Myers. It needs very few things at this time. I am searching for an alternator. It was debadged except for the grill emblem and wheel center caps. I changed the grill badge to a vx thanks to the 3d file online. Center caps wil be relabled vx if I find a solution to the alternator problem.

Mile High VX
03/15/2019, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the madness...be sure to hit the group up over on Facebook too. Lot's of great help there.

AZMusclecar
06/19/2019, 03:50 AM
AZMusclecar in northern Arizona now a member by purchasing a 1999 White Ironman. Nice 2 owner with 112K on the clock. Looking forward
to enjoying some trail experience in the gorgeous Arizona White Mountains.

VX KAT
06/19/2019, 07:27 AM
Welcome AZMusclecar! I'm near Prescott. I used to have a VX and now have Trooper RS. I'll add you to our Zu events I sometimes organize. Also join the FaceBook group "Arizona Isuzu 4-Wheelers". There's frequently some wheeling going on.

AZMusclecar
06/19/2019, 09:36 AM
Welcome AZMusclecar! I'm near Prescott. I used to have a VX and now have Trooper RS. I'll add you to our Zu events I sometimes organize. Also join the FaceBook group "Arizona Isuzu 4-Wheelers". There's frequently some wheeling going on.

Thanks VX Kat, sorry to say I'm almost 70, and when Facebook came out, my page got hacked so I never rejoined.
Thank you for the invite............
Hope to meet you and the group someday...........

VX KAT
06/19/2019, 09:40 AM
I'm just a bit behind you....;). I'll contact you through this forum with Zu get togethers. I'm Sue N., what's your name? You in Flag?