PDA

View Full Version : stock radio

zadam123
12/20/2003, 02:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows how many watts our stock sterio puts out and how many watts the speakers can hold?

I also would like to know if i buy a new radio can i still use the stock cd player?

thanks
adam

ScubaSteve
12/20/2003, 03:13 PM
can you still use the cd player or cd changer? i'm assuming you meant changer, and i'd also assume the answer is YES as long as you get a cd receiver w/ cd changer controls.

as for watt output, no clue. most people aren't satisfied and upgrade to a aftermarket receiver anyway:)

VX crazy
12/20/2003, 04:16 PM
6-speaker, 120-watt - stock hed unit CANNOT talk to another changer nor cann another head unit talk to the changer unless it is of the same brand.

geshaw30
12/22/2003, 01:49 PM
VX crazy is correct. If you swap out the factory head unit the CD changer becomes a useless piece of junk (many will tell you it's a piece of junk anyway).
________
Parkinson'S Disease Forums (http://www.health-forums.org/parkinson-s-disease/)

jim.LR>AR
12/22/2003, 06:08 PM
correction scuba steve is crazy. vx crazy is correct it will not work with any other ...

crager34
12/24/2003, 07:59 PM
Sounds to me (literally) like the stock radio and speakers are GGRREEEAAAT!!! Drove 10 hours and had it cranked... clear, thumpin' (It's your birthday), good sound.

Darrin

Dallas4u
12/25/2003, 08:03 AM
Personally, I don't think it is THAT bad for a stock system... of course, if you compare it to a stock system in an Infinity and such, it sucks potatoes. For what it is, a cheap OEM system, it ain't too bad. Of course... it ain't one of these...

http://members.aol.com/mydimak/kraco.jpg

Hotsauce
12/25/2003, 08:22 AM
Adam:

You heard my system at the BBQ. Take my word, and your ears for it. All the stock audio components need to be replaced.

John C.

totallto
12/25/2003, 09:23 AM
For a stock stereo system, it will work!
I hate stock systems.
So I will just sit till it stops working then I will put the Kick ***** after market system in.
I guess its time to save the bones!:cool: