PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Linkage

ipd
01/07/2019, 01:00 PM
Been having a bit of trouble getting the shift lock button to depress on the shifter, after stepping on the brake and attempting to move the gear-shift out of park. Anyone experienced this? Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Nikad92397
01/07/2019, 02:09 PM
99% of the time it's just the brake light switch at the brake peddle..
They seem to stick more when it's cold out. Just replace it rather than clean..
If your stuck undo or jump, the wires ( connector ) and that will get you out of park. Sorry I forget which..

ipd
01/07/2019, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the response. I did notice it stuck more in the cold this morning, and seemed to work fine this afternoon. Any idea on where I buy this part? I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

Mile High VX
01/07/2019, 05:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHk2eTnW2lk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1MiUWuzeCiyj1dquZ6iqzl2Isx2R-MubmS6EoZ2HWDU8AJf46Pw4bjDYA

Mile High VX
01/07/2019, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the response. I did notice it stuck more in the cold this morning, and seemed to work fine this afternoon. Any idea on where I buy this part? I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

Video is a VX.

Part is the brake light switch and is available at most auto parts stores.

MSHardeman
01/08/2019, 10:42 AM
It's been a LLLOOOOONNNNG time, but another member had an issue with this in the past and it ended up being something in the center console. I would have to dig back through past threads, but if the brake light switch doesn't solve your problem I believe there is another switch of some kind in the center console near the shifter that allows the shift lock button to be pressed in.

Camoman
02/27/2019, 01:00 PM
I have the opposite problem with mine. Onve it is out of park, I can shift it into anything from any gear. Bothers me only when I think - what if it gets bumped into reverse while driving. Then I slip back into happy mode because I drive something so fun!