PDA

View Full Version : Cladding cleaning done right & easy

vx1999
09/18/2018, 03:10 PM
Here's what I've found to be the best & easiest way to restore cladding to like-new condition:

Unlike most other methods discussed, this involves an initial deep cleaning, in this case using BLECHE WHITE whitewall tire cleaner found in almost any auto parts store. Spray it straight on the cladding, one panel at a time, and scrub vigorously with a good scrub brush. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Check for missed spots or uneven cleaning. Repeat if necessary. Then apply ArmorAll's new OUTLAST plastic and trim cleaner, being surer to apply evenly. I don't like the provided microfiber cloth, just use a paper towel instead to apply and another to buff it out. Like new in about 30 minutes.

Hope it works for you.

imtrevonte
05/26/2020, 11:54 PM
my cladding was faded from last summer. I did my normal Mother's Black to Black and it didn't work! There are so many patchy areas that won't turn black like the rest of the cladding. I've tried everything! What am I missing? I'll try to post pictures.

Mile High VX
05/27/2020, 05:17 PM
What I've found that works the best is to use the Mother's Back to Black CLEANER...not the normal B2B product but the cleaner. Then is use a product called Solution Finish. It's the best product that I ever used. It's about $30 on Amazon for the 12 oz size. I bought it in 2015 and still have over half of the bottle. I've done 2 VXs with it and given some away. It goes a long way and last a long time.

PK
05/27/2020, 10:42 PM
There are many products that restore the cladding quiet well. The main test is how long it continues to stay looking good.
3 months is okay, 6 months is a keeper.
Over 6 months and it's worth bragging about.

PK