PDA

View Full Version : Getting really frustrated with the VX FB page...

Thelgord
05/31/2018, 08:18 PM
Ok, so I know that maybe 5 or 6 people will even see this, but here goes anyway.

I generally post both here and on the FB page updates to my build/repairs. It seems every time I post I fixed something, someone has to comment “pull the dash light”. Every time I post I have a light (like ABS or CEL), the first or second response is, “pull the dash light”. I even read a thread a while back that someone had pulled so many dash lights to cover up problems, that the lack of lights was freaking out the ECU and causing even more problems.

What the $%!^? Do VX owners really not care about their VX’s? Do they not want things fixed properly? Seriously. It happens every single time I post I fixed something. Someone will post some “hack job” way to cover up the problem, or to modify the VX as a “fix”, even cut massive holes in the VX just to make something “easier” for a fix that should only need to be done once.

I had an issue chasing down my EGR codes. I replaced and cleaned the EGR valve several times (3 valves in total, 1 used, 1 new but cheap, 1 OEM and cost quite a bit more). I finally got it fixed by spending the money on the correct parts. The FB response? Pull the CEL and check the codes every couple of weeks.

Recently I posted that I ordered a new window regulator. Not cheap, but it was the right way to fix it. I was thrown all kinds of “alternate” solutions. I explained in the post that my cables on regulator had rusted. Then I got inundated with posts about drilling holes for roller bearings. One person said to replace the plastic window clips with a metal bar. That would be good advice, if my clips where bad. They are not bad. In fact they are in great shape. The problem was that the cable on my regulator had gone bad. That is exactly what I said was the problem. I thought I was very clear. But no, I got six different way to do everything but actually fix the problem.

More recently (today in fact), I posted that I got a new ABS control module installed and that it was working perfectly. I even saved some money and shared how other could do it too. The response? ABS is DANGEROUS. Yes they actually used all caps. They suggested I pull the light and disable ABS completely just incase I find myself going downhill too fast while off-road. I suppose that would be good advice, if you have no idea how to drive off-road properly. However, it is also terrible advice in every single others situation that doesn’t involve being off-road.

It is maddening.

Sorry, I needed to vent...

WormGod
06/01/2018, 07:15 AM
Thelgord, as an owner of a VX for near 20 years now..... many of us vets have found that sometimes, these "hacks" are the best remedies. You will get used to it and learn to save $$ in the process (especially when you realize the $$ you spent on a fix is going to fail again anyways, heh). :)

It's FB.... if you go through a day without getting triggered about something on there, you probably weren't looking at FB. ;)

Thelgord
06/01/2018, 07:57 AM
Maybe the “vets” have been in game too long. Complacency is a terrible thing, and they have been doing it long enough to just throw their hands up. I get it. I really do. I am all about saving money. I even like it when something makes a job easier. But once you start down that path it becomes easier to make those decision, even when it really isn’t the best solution, just the most convenient.

As example, I was having some fuel pressure issues. A simple change of the inline filter was all it needed. I had people telling me to cut a hole in the floor to change the fuel pump for the sole reason it was easier than doing it correctly. I have seen this mod done, a lot, and it is completely unnecessary. If the original lasted 150,00+ Miles, there is no reason to think a new replacement won’t last at least as long. That means you will probably only need to that job once. Why on earth would hack the floor open, opening it up to all kinds rust, water intrusion, and god knows what else? To save a few hours of labor? Heck you might even save a whole day (some of these bolts do NOT like to move).

After purchasing a VX, from someone who apparently agreed with that type of work, I have seen first hand what that leads to. I have spent countless hours, even days, undoing the shotty “fixes” and “mods” of the previous owner. I have removed more useless wiring than I can keep track of, and I still have some running around the VX that I have no idea where it goes after it disappears behind a wall. I have had to replace dummied components and parts. I’ll start one job, only to find something else that was done badly once I get into where I am working. I even had to remove a trash bag and two grocery sacks from inside the passenger door that were apparently an attempt to water proof the window motor and regulator, but ended up getting bound up in all the moving parts. Why where they there? Because the outside window trim was replaced with a piece of foam. Had he replaced the trim, correctly, when it went missing I may not have needed to spend the $140 on a regulator or buy a new window motor. So now I have had to spend the money. 140 for the regulator, another 70 for the trim piece, I don’t recall how much the clips and the window motor cost. All of this just so I can actually use my passenger window.

Yes, when you fix something correctly, it costs money. If your “fix” opens your vehicle to future, and even preventable costs, spend the money up front.

Nikad92397
06/01/2018, 08:48 AM
It might be best to not post your every move of what you feel is the best way to work on a VX. It sure seems you post a problem only to hear others and then post what you feel is the correct way.. Cutting a opening does NOT Open the can of worms you speak of if done correctly. You can replace your fuel hoses, look for a leak, replace the pump filter. You say those things last 15 years.. Soooooooo not true ! Maybe some parts may have on your VX and that for sure doesn't mean all of them.. That "Gapping Hole" as you put it, has been around for 15 years by itself, you talk about pulling the tank but YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT !!! Window fixes have been around since they rolled off the assembly line, sounds like all you needed was a regulator and that what everyone needs to do it correctly. As far as the check engine light pulling the bulb may work for the few that don't do a smog or any type of inspection but for the other 90% that doesn't work at all. They go after the problem and fix it. Your Fuel pressure problem.. people answer what worked for them.. NOT a one fix for all. ABS is junk on a VX. They were junk the day they rolled off the line also. Off road it's plain Dangerous!! ABS has come along ways in 20 years but it started at the bottom. I remember when you got your VX and posted a list of the things you were going to do to get it back up and into shape, along with a list of your buget to do so. You felt at that point THAT was correct. I giggled. How has that worked out ? I feel 75% of the people on FB have been on this page longer. The best way to avoid all the answers you will get when you ask is just to search here on this page. All the answers are here. Most click here and FB. Why post here then on FB,Twitter and gosh knows where else.. The same thing..

Nikad92397
06/01/2018, 09:21 AM
And that was me who said VX ABS while 4x4ing is DANGEROUS!! Find another who actually 4x4's to contradict that !!! Once again I said 4x4ing.. and to insult me saying I don't drive and 4x4 properly/ correctly is just plain rude !!

Thelgord
06/01/2018, 10:40 AM
Seemed to have touched a nerve. And I will post all of my repairs, that are actually done correctly, as I see fit. Thank you for input.

Nikad92397
06/01/2018, 01:15 PM
If you want to insult me and others over what you feel is correct. Then expect to be insulted by me and others. After googling your page name I can see you post over 30+ sites your every move, over and over..This is far from the 1st time this has happened to you.. Your idea of "repairs done correctly" is far from correct auto care and safety. It appears that perhaps you have an overly zealous need for social media confirmation. Please explain how you can say you had lost control on a down hill 4x4ing in a new Tacoma, with ABS, WITH KIDS IN IT and it scared the hell out of you but when others tell of their story they don't drive correctly.. That pretty much says it all..

Nikad92397
06/01/2018, 01:16 PM
And your welcome for my input.. more to come.

Thelgord
06/01/2018, 02:06 PM
30+ sites? Please list them. This is the only Isuzu site I go to other the FB. Unless you are internet stalking me. But then again that’s the kind of thing you do. Because you are a horrible person.

Thelgord
06/01/2018, 02:07 PM
When did I say kids were in the Tacoma? My only son is grown. You are miss quoting me. Because you are a horrible person.

Thelgord
06/01/2018, 02:13 PM
More to come? Of course there is. Because you have to work so very hard to prove how right you just have to be in all things that your ego won’t let you not get the last word. It is impossible for you you need to win this. No matter what a horrible person it shows you to be.

Nikad92397
06/01/2018, 02:32 PM
Excuse me.. You were the one that started this by calling me and others names !!! AND YOU HAVN'T STOPPED !! NOW YOU ARE STATING I AM A HORRIBLE PERSON, STALKER, ?? You said.. xxxxxxx I am not new off-road, and I have experienced that before. Once I a new Tacoma with all kids of wiz-bang traction control and ABS. Scares the hell out of you. I get it. But to disable ABS completely for the 10% of the time your actually off-road is even more dangerous .xxxxxx. It's hard to understand you with all your misspellings/ very bad grammar, Name calling will only get you booted from sites... which now I will inform..

Nikad92397
06/01/2018, 02:34 PM
Staking because I wondered what your screen name meant ? Oh boy..

Moncha
06/01/2018, 03:00 PM
Keep it up on both sides and we'll be see the first ban in a while. No reason to get snicky. Shake and make up, don't like the FB stress here.

Nikad92397
06/02/2018, 08:03 AM
Sorry I have to say this for safety reasons. It is stated above he purchased/installed a "new ABS module", posted a cheaper way to purchase the same part. This VERY MISLEADING! They are $280.00 or around that NEW ! His post & link was to buy a used one. I personally would never install a used electrical part that controls braking. 1. If you what to do it correctly buy a new one. 2. Get it rebuilt for $99.00 with a lifetime warranty. 3. If you are too cheap, lazy to do research, or could care less about safety to save a few pennies. Buy a used one that are known to fail continuously on a VX. Here is the link to have yours rebuilt with better parts. They even have a core program to avoid down time.. https://www.shop.modulerepairpro.com/ABS-Pump-Control-Module-Isuzu-VehiCROSS-2000_c1763.htm

Thelgord
06/02/2018, 10:52 AM
Thank you for the information.

eternal21
06/02/2018, 11:40 AM
Now you know why I IG and I don't FB ;)

Dude had the nerve to tell me recently that I he didn't like my spare tire mod and that I should place it inside the truck. I *lol*'ed.

Thelgord
06/02/2018, 11:46 AM
Now you know why I IG and I don't FB ;)

Dude had the nerve to tell me recently that I he didn't like my spare tire mod and that I should place it inside the truck. I *lol*'ed.

It doesn’t matter what you do. Someone will always tell you how wrong you are and why they just “have” to say something, as if they have no choice in the choices they make.

Thelgord
06/02/2018, 11:51 AM
BTW, what is this about a spare tire mod?

eternal21
06/02/2018, 01:20 PM
BTW, what is this about a spare tire mod?

We follow each other on IG, you know already *lol*.

Thelgord
06/02/2018, 02:27 PM
Hahahahaha! I didn’t realize it was you! I am basing my mount from yours! LOL! Love your VX!

89Vette
06/02/2018, 04:02 PM
In the "history" of this forum, people seemed to gravitate toward the rebuild option....though several DID opt for used replacements. IIRC, some Durango's used the same controller. As far as "risk", installing and testing a used part doesn't really increase "risk" IMHO. Our cars are USED anyway. Installing a new part doesn't make it any less "used". Other components (related to braking) are just as likely to fail...so I wouldn't shy away from it. Manufacturers had the right idea in making the F/R "circuits" of the brake system somewhat independent. This lowers the odds you'll be completely w/o brakes in the rare event of failure. At 61 yrs old and having "lived" on a couple of car forums over 15yrs, I've yet to hear of catastrophic brake failure. The odds are very high you'll get a "warning" symptom.

My ABS worked the first couple of years of my ownership. Considering it's my "go to" winter vehicle, I feel lax because I never repaired the "brain". Mostly that's because (self) diagnosis is challenging enough that I was never sure it wasn't a wheel sensor (which are stupid expensive). I came from Jeep ownership before owning a VX and have found 99% of 4x4 owners rarely leave pavement. I can't say I remember reading a good explanation why it's better to "live" without ABS vs. having it. For me, cost would be the biggest reason to abandon it. For those who stay mostly on the streets, it seemed better to have it working.....however "primitive" people think it is. For comparison, my 89 Corvette has ABS that was designed/built 12 years earlier. I don't consider either worthless.

Most importantly, if/when you go to sell, having full functionality will appeal to the average seller. ABS not working may just send the highest "bidder" on their way. So....I would debate there is one right answer for addressing VX malfunctioning ABS systems.

Thelgord
06/02/2018, 04:15 PM
It was actually because of a thread on the forum about the Durango abs module that I opted for one. A very eloquent response.

Nikad92397
06/02/2018, 09:12 PM
By installing any new / rebuilt part it does reduce the possibility of that part failing as soon as a used one installed (with no information on how much it was used) IMO. Especially a known to fail often part. 75% would be a safe percentage. I would spend the extra $50.00 to have the lifetime warranty on this part. That is if I wanted the ABS to work and it didn't because of this part. Just as you, That is my personal opinion and some people can't handle that there is other options that are correct also..

Thelgord
06/02/2018, 09:58 PM
Thank you for your insite.

ipd
06/03/2018, 09:32 PM
So this is the FB experience. I'm missing nothing.

WormGod
06/04/2018, 07:14 AM
So this is the FB experience. I'm missing nothing.

In all honesty, one would get the exact same advice from here, I think it's just that FB gets more traffic these days. *shrug*

89Vette
06/05/2018, 12:34 PM
We should also consider there may be an option (wire/fuse that could be switched/disabled...to defeat ABS) if it's really detrimental when off-roading.

FWIW... In the early 2000's, my master brake cylinder was failing on my 89 Corvette. A new (factory) part was the only option @ $600. I thought that was rediculous pricing (as with many factory items)....so I bought a salvage part for around $100. It's still working properly over 15 years later. On our ABS modules, there does seem to be an abnormally high number of failure reports...which would lead me to the $99 rebuild option. How do we know any NOS part wouldn't have the same defect? (That's rhetorical...just something to consider.)

Thelgord
06/05/2018, 10:35 PM
An ABS kill switch is an amazing idea. Rejected on FB, but it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who thought of this. It would actually be very easy to do. Just tap the ABS fuse slot to a switch and inline fuse. Done.

I personally have no issues trying used parts. Yes, it can be a gamble on how long it will last, but digging through the forum I couldn’t find anywhere when someone tried the dodge module and had to replace it. Not saying much considering people started dropping off the site around then. Still, I’m willing to give it a shot. So far so good. ABS is working for the first time since I got the VX 11 months ago.

Nikad92397
06/06/2018, 12:03 PM
Why do you straight up lie ? Not one person "rejected" the idea of adding a switch to the ABS system on Face Book! Is it because you posted the switch idea AFTER I did and there was many likes ? But on your post about there was none ? Does no like make you feel "rejected" ???

( Brandon Ward I put a disable switch on my first one for when I hit the dirt. Easy to install. Just wire an in-cabin toggle switch to the abs fuse terminals. add inline fuse to replace the blade fuse you are bypassing. Turns ABS off on the fly. Resets back on once you turn car off and on. Install takes maybe half an hour.) Branded posted this also and got many likes !!

After you deleting a lot of your posts calling people names/insults and trying to make it look like it was a attack from the group when you were the one acting like a child.. Adults would apologize.

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 03:28 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/np3tkxh8y4w7vpu/Photo%20Jun%2006%2C%206%2025%2003%20PM.jpg?raw=1

Nikad92397
06/06/2018, 03:53 PM
Nice but you wrote that after I brought it up to Rudy (no rejections) and there was many likes to it..And Brandon said he has one !! (No Rejections) Maybe the one did was only saying what works for him.( like he said). And to you, that's rejection.

JoFotoz
06/06/2018, 03:56 PM
C'mon Chris/Thelgord !!

Since when is ...

"Yea I could do that" ,, a "rejection" ..especially with the rider that I dont like ABS at all...AND , such a rejection... that it gets you all upset ???
Then you insult me , and then the whole board ( which you seem to have deleted ) and several other individual folk too !

You've already edited the Facebook thread and removed or changed many of your posts !!
And now I see youve come over here to complain.

Maybe this board is just a better fit for you?

Slainte
jo

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 04:27 PM
Yet another lie ... I removed no comments. You continue to fabricate these baseless accusations, and for what? BecauseI dared to disagree with you? Oh the horror!

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 04:30 PM
I never claimed to be the first to ever suggest such a thing. Only that I had, and it was rejected. If you stop cherry picking the response, and read the entire thing, the message is clear that it is a rejection.

JoFotoz
06/06/2018, 05:30 PM
Thats simply not true..the FB thread has been altered.....but anyhoo.

Pretty much everything I know about the VX , has been taught to me by knowledgeable people here , on facebook...
...and hands on learning on Moab...and its a shame you missed it after all your efforts.
You have owners that have 10-15 years or more of experience, many having owned multiple VX's...sharing with you.

Your knee jerk reaction to dismiss advice comes across bluntly/badly ...especially when you tell people they are "butchering" their cars ,
giving poor /bad advice , proclaiming they are people you wouldnt buy a car from or proclaiming owners are simply wrong & are hiding their problems.

When you started to insult me ( and others)..and my VX...it took me by surprise as I thought I was offering up some helpful advice....
..advice I had received over the years from others..and recieved it gladly.

Nobody was / is saying you have to do it any particular way , you were simply being offered
"experienced" alternatives to consider , by experience VX many people , with YEARS of ownership .
BUT.. for some reason it annoyed you on several different occasions...and you resorted to insult LOTS of people.

Then , the icing on the cake !...coming over here to "vent" ..in a very one sided rant.

You are prolific with posting work/fixes/mods etc that youre doing on your VX... and Kudos for fixing one up.
But such numerous posts WILL lead to others offering their two cents ...thats the nature of these forums.
And, Just as you are right to maintain your VX as you see fit...others are too...without being demeaned or insulted.

Slainte
Jo

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 05:41 PM
Your knee jerk reaction to dismiss advice comes across bluntly/badly ...

There it is ...

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 05:45 PM
Why do you straight up lie ? Not one person "rejected" the idea of adding a switch to the ABS system on Face Book!

Adults would apologize.

You are absolutely correct. They would, especially after I have already shown the proof of lies against me ...

[edited for spelling]

Nikad92397
06/06/2018, 05:45 PM
O

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 05:47 PM
My apologies for editing that last one for spelling and grammar. I have pulled two back tp back 24 hour shifts in the last three days and I am exhausted.

Nikad92397
06/06/2018, 05:55 PM
Your knee jerk reaction to dismiss advice comes across bluntly/badly ...

There it is ...
Who's cherry picking ?

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 05:58 PM
Here go, how to recover deleted stuff from FB ...

https://youtu.be/QOGIAvV8f3o

If I did delete anything, this is how you prove it. However, I didn’t. See, I am even willing to try help you, and anyone else in the forum sort out the truth. All it took was a few seconds on google to find out.

JoFotoz
06/06/2018, 06:11 PM
LOL..
"There it is..."

So , you get to insult as many people as you like.

But a bit of blunt observation ( which YOU cherry picked ..indeed!) ..
..is too much.

Ok..I wasnt even gonna get involved over here ...but you posted a clip with me in it.
A clip that in no way validated your "rejection" claim, so ..ya get my two cents.

Now..by all means have at it...
At the end of the day youre doing yourself no favors relative to all those
with a wealth of knowledge, that you are alienating.

Peace out.

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 06:11 PM
Anywho ... as I have said already, I am exhausted, and it is 9pm here, and I have ot be back at work at 4am. I am going to bed. I am sure you will let me know what you find, even if you don’t find what it is your looking for.

Nikad92397
06/06/2018, 06:22 PM
I don't have a clue who would pay you to post on here and other places for 48 hours in 3 days but whatever.. in that video that takes HOURS to down load. does it download every complete post anyone has posted and deleted ? Either way.. Really... I don't have the time to download every post I have ever posted in and search for discrepancies by comparing then and now.. Really ? You seem to be the only one I know to get paid to FB. Like Jo said.. Peace out !!

Nikad92397
06/06/2018, 06:26 PM
Oh yeah.. please read Sue's post on your thread..

VX KAT
06/06/2018, 06:29 PM
Chris,/thelgord I'd like to make an observation. One of the VERY unusual characteristics of the .info forum and the FB VX page is the civility and helpfulness.
It's been discussed and mentioned by many MANY members, that this car group was like NO other they'd seen and didn't have fighting or disrespectful comments....that we're adults and can discuss differences of opinion in a civil manner. We usually attribute this to it being such a small population, with a mutual love of such a rare, eclectic truck. Plus you're dealing with people that have known each other for long periods of time, some 10 yrs or more....we're a family of sorts, and always welcome newcomers!

From what I've seen, you've repeatedly (not always, but several times) been short, snippy and sharp to people trying to help you by giving you info. You’re just plain mean. You snapped at me in the past when I gave you info…. and IMHO, you got snippy with Jo Birch in the past and you got really too righteous with "Jo Isuzu”. ….and it all just headed downhill from there.

Perhaps you don’t realize how your tone comes across to others, but that's just NOT how we roll here...……. TO EACH HIS OWN, let owners do whatever they want to their rigs. You can say you don’t agree and that’s not for you, but leave it at that, be respectful. Respect what others want to do to theirs. It’s their truck!

We pride ourselves on NOT being like many other forums where they just talk smack, criticize, attack others and fight…..and we’d like to keep it that way, please.

Thelgord
06/06/2018, 06:42 PM
If I have short or snippy in the past, that was not my intent, unless it was clear that I ment to be. It is a failing of mine. However, when people make up lies and accusations without proof, and then I even offer to help them get the “proof” that I already know doesn’t exists, the response is “I don’t have time that”, but I am the bad guy. Yes, I do get snippy with people who make false accusations.

I do not recall being snippy with you VX Kat, however, you say I was, so I will just accept that I was. For that I apologize.

I am not making excuses, for anything I have said. I am grown enough to take responsibility for what I have said. But I will be dammed if I am going to sit by while people invent accusations. I have even gone out of my to help them find the proof against me they claims exists. If that doesn’t speak volumes, then I don’t what else will.

JoFotoz
06/06/2018, 07:24 PM
Thanks Kat , wise words...from the Matriarch of all things Isuzu <3

Chris... You initiated the recurring issue with your ongoing insults and demeaning rhetoric ..... 5 days ago now.

Those words stand alone..and were the entire genesis of this issue.... DAYS AGO.

Trying to blame the dispute and excuse/deflect your rude/insulting replies on the excuse of arguably altered post now....
....is simply disingenuous , because you made insults.... DAYS ago.

One is not contingent on the other..simple as that.

I should learn not to say 'peace out' ... :p

Nikad92397
06/06/2018, 07:40 PM
All of this stuff in your head that is (fabricated , accusations, false lies) are all AFTER THE FACT of you insulted me, Jo, others and the FB page. What your saying is you dish it out and expect it not to come back at you.. Best advice is.. Nothing good to say.. Keep your mouth shut. Funny thing is you didn't even want to insult me and when you figured out it was me you were insulting, you replied.. You put your 2 cents in so I deserve it too !! All I posted was my bad experience with ABS and 4x4ing.. what came out of you ? I'm a horrible person, I can't drive correctly, I'm the worst example of a VX owner, I tell people to cut holes in their truck, I tell people to pull bulbs to hide problems. Non of which are true. I will tell people to pull relay/disengage their ABS if they want to go 4x4ing..

ipd
06/07/2018, 09:56 AM
*waves arms wildly to distract people from flaming each other*

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/inperfectdarkness/0202181119-00_zps8eigwuar.jpg~original