PDA

View Full Version : [SOLD] 2000 Ebony for Sale by Original Owner

Anita
04/09/2018, 12:52 PM
THE TRUCK IS SOLD

I just updated some information. To contact me please email to aprotich@glendale.edu.

UPDATES as of 4/24

I will be advertising the truck locally through Craigslist and other rags. The price has dropped to attract more attention. Extra parts will be sold separately.

Found a great recommended mechanic who is local and was able to install a new radiator, fan belt, serviced the a/c (running like crazy now), and fixed my door handle (common issue).

I'm not happy about this but between losing my most adored mechanic (who took good care of the VX for all her years) and a priority shift in my life, I REALLY reluctantly am going to sell my baby. Serious inquiries only - email questions to aprotich@glendale.edu. I am not always on the forum so best to ask by email.

2000 Ebony
117K miles

$6000 or best offer

CHECKLIST
~Any service history records? PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING MECHANIC WAS AT A DEALERSHIP SO IT'S ALL ON RECORD

~How long have you owned it? BOUGHT IT NEW MAY 2000

~Electric windows work properly or bind? THEY ARE WORKING - I KEEP THEM UP AS BEST I CAN

~Condition of window rubber track/gaskets...(many have ripped or been cut) GETTING OLD, BUT NO RIPS OR CUTS

~Look behind door panels to see if vapor barrier is present - (may indicate previous work on windows) WE HAVE HAD TO GO IN TO REPLACE THE CONTROL BAR RETAINER CLIP ON THE INSIDE OF THE DRIVERS DOOR.

~Window regulator /motor been replaced? THE DRIVERS DOOR WAS DONE YEARS AGO

~Any oil consumption noted, under ANY conditions? (some seem to consume a little when on prolonged highway driving) SHE DOES NOT DRINK OIL. NO NEED TO ADD BETWEEN 3000 MILE CHANGES.

~Chrome wheels peeling? NO

~Any ABS light problems? ABS LIGHT WENT ON YEARS AND YEARS AGO. BOUGHT A COMPUTER AND ABS MODULE FROM A 0NE-YR OLD VX TOTALED BUT NEVER PUT THEM ON. I PREFER NOT TO HAVE ABS AS MANY OF US FOUND. BRAKING IS FAR MORE CONTROLLED.

~OEM CD player still work correctly or ERR3 code? Any jammed CDs? LAST TIME I TRIED, CD PLAYER WORKED BUT I WOULDNT RECOMMEND PLACING ANYTHING OTHER THAN IN SLOT #1. BETTER TO REPLACE WITH AN UPDATED SYSTEM IMHO

~Any problems with TOD? NO

~Any clunking when decelerating or accelerating? NO

~Brand & model of tires & approx tread remaining- NITTOS - BUT NEEDS NEW: WILL LEAVE THAT TO NEXT OWNER

~Do all 4 tires match in brand, size, model & wear? YES

~How long have these current 4 tires been on? 8 YEARS --- SHE HAS BEEN A WEEKEND CAR FOR MANY YEARS

~Timing belt changed? YES, BUT SHE IS ON A NEW ISUZU FULL BLOCK (UNDER WARRANTY) MAYBE 16K ON THE NEW ENGINE

~Original OEM brake pads or replacements? OEM

~Any fluids dripping, ever? JUST CONDENSATION FROM A/C

~Last time & what fluids have been changed? OIL CHANGE AND TRANNY FLUSH WAS DONE A COUPLE MONTHS AGO

~What type of fluids (synthetic oil or regular, motor oil, diff, tranny, transf case)? REGULAR -- NOT SURE ABOUT TRANNY KIND

~Evaluate/describe condition of all cladding - scrapes, holes, deformation, dryness, chalky appearance, any evidence of being "painted" in any way?
FADED, CHALKY THOUGH I USE PRODUCT TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD. ONE SCRAPE ON SMALL CLADDING PANEL OVER DRIVER-FRONT WHEEL. NO PAINTING.

~Are all cladding screws present? Any striped? YES - NO STRIPPED

~Condition of 4 screw knobs on rear door panel (often break off) INTACT

~Condition of inside door opening levers & mechanism (sometimes broken) INTACT

~Any unusual /excessive vibrations - very subjective of course NO

~Any problems with motor mounts? NO

~Determine the history of the car's physical location, if possible (i.e. East Coast, potential rust, desert, etc) WEST COAST ALL ITS LIFE

~Inspect thoroughly for rust!! Any evidence of rusted bolts anywhere? DONT THINK SO

~Status of front bumper reinforcement bar? (Often rusts off completely) DONT THINK SO

~Status of rear license plate light/socket/bracket -(often severely rusts) -will give indication if it was in a rust belt area DONT THINK SO

~Evaluate engine bay- clean? dirty? Any evidence of leaking fluids of any type?? Evaluate fluid levels. COULD USE A BATH, I GUESS

~Evaluate air filter- excessively dirty? OEM or after-market? OEM

~Has muffler ever been replaced? What's the status of the current muffler? Rusted, surface rust, etc? OEM, after-market? (Since, as I understand it, these mufflers are no longer available, so an aftermarket one with some modification to the pipes may be required.) THE MUFFLER IS THE PROTOTYPE OF THE VX AFTERMARKET POWERVAULT. I AM TOLD ITS A BIT "HOLY" AND I NEED TO REPLACE THE HANGER THAT HOLDS IT IN PLACE. THE OLD BUGGER VIBRATES AT TIMES BECAUSE OF IT. THE NEW OWNER SHOULD DEF REPLACE IT.

~Has it had to go through emissions testing recently? (Some states require for registration, some don't) YES.. PASSED WITH FLYER COLORS - NEVER AN ISSUE

~Ever been lifted or torsion bars cranked? NO

~Condition of CV joints? (Can be damaged after being lifted) OK I GUESS

~Battery- status, condition and age SEVERAL YEARS, I THINK

~Any unusual flashing of any lights on dash or shifter? (Mode selection switch may be bad) NO

~Any odors inside, such as smoke? NO.. NON-SMOKING OWNER

~Condition of leather seats...scrapes, rips, tears, wear, abrasion, driver's side seat bolster DRIVERS SEAT IS DEF WORN, PASSENGER MUCH LESS SO

~Condition of leather steering wheel - (often heavily scraped up) ITS PRETTY GOOD

~Condition of levers that bring seat back forward to allow access to rear seats (often broken) NOT BROKEN, ALL WORK

~Does it have an OEM roof rack? NO

~Are OEM rail caps in place and/or available? IN PLACE

~Ever taken off road? TWICE.. IN 2001 (MAIDEN VX VOYAGE) AND IN 2002.

~OEM or after-market tail pipe? OEM

~Status of tail pipe - any deformation may indicate off road use GOOD SHAPE

~Status of rear lower cladding & rear gas tank skid plate- scrapes may indicate off road use ALL OKAY

~Status of undercarriage overall - scrapes, damage, etc... may indicate off road use ALL OKAY

~Any known repairs? HMM.. I HAVE MOST RECORDS . NEW ENGINE AND TRANNY (BOTH UNDER WARRANTY)

~Any extra parts on hand? LOTS --

AP

MSHardeman
04/09/2018, 03:48 PM
NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!! Say it ain't so Anita.

I know it was a VERY hard decision to make and it will be a sad day when the sale happens.

JasonCross
04/11/2018, 12:36 AM
Oh wow ! That is a very good VX . Wish you all the best in the sale Anita !

mindaugas
04/23/2018, 09:42 AM
Sent you an email