PDA

View Full Version : JDM style blind spot mirror

blacksambo
04/03/2018, 12:35 PM
Heads up!
I have a VX JDM type blind spot mirror for sale on eBay item # 253534219646. The top half housing is spot on, the bottom half looks similar to but is shorter than the official mirror. Looks good on the USA VX truck, though.
(I have replaced it with an OEM original JDM blind spot mirror, recently. These are impossible to find, however.)

Mile High VX
04/03/2018, 04:52 PM
Did you buy the one the Jeyson had for sale...that was the one from my Dragon...

blacksambo
04/04/2018, 10:17 AM
No, my JDM mirror came from Russia, believe it or not.

Mile High VX
04/04/2018, 03:48 PM
Nice....

JasonCross
04/05/2018, 04:18 AM
Hello Blacksambo,

I am a VX member fromNew Jersey . I have acquired a JDM mirror or blind spot mirror . I was wondering if you were able to install yours by yourself or go to a mechanic to do the process .

If so , I was planning to drive to Saratoga Springs to see if you could help me with the installation process of the Blindspot mirror in my VX. Let me know if that is possible . Probably in May .

Just in case if you want to text me . I will leave my number .

Jason

Thank you !

Thelgord
04/05/2018, 04:46 AM
Not to be downer, but you should probably share your phone number in a PM.

blacksambo
04/05/2018, 05:36 AM
First, I'm happy to help you.
Second, I had mine installed at a professional body shop. You have to drill two mounting holes in the front left fender.
Do you have the rubber mounting surface gasket?( If not, no problem you can make one from an old inner tube by tracing the base shape out and cutting accordingly.)

Let me know how you are making out?

Thanks for your interest.

JasonCross
04/05/2018, 12:22 PM
Thank you “Theloard” for the heads up . I have already removed my phone number . You are right!
Blacksambo’s Mail is full , so I couldn’t send him a message .

JasonCross
04/05/2018, 12:28 PM
Blacksambo ,
I appreciate the information . Thank you for the reply !
I could go to the professional shop that you recommend to install it .
I think I have the gasket there , but thank you for the information .
I was going to send you a message , but your inbox is full .
I have some pictures of the holes from other members if it helps . In addition , I have some dimensions of
Where it should be positioned .
Just wondering . How much does it const the installation?
I appreciate it !

blacksambo
04/05/2018, 03:30 PM
I can send you photos of mine if that helps?

JasonCross
04/06/2018, 07:43 AM
Thank you !

That would really help . I have tried to send you a private message, but your inbox is full.
I appreciate it .

blacksambo
04/08/2018, 09:13 PM
Hi,

Got your message.

I've put my VX away for the season in a remote garage.

Look , installation of these fender mirrors is no big deal. Simply look at several JDM VX's and drill two holes in your fender that measure up to the mirror base bolts. Install the rubber gasket and tighten up. Believe me, its no sweat. There is plenty of room under the fender to accommodate the bolts and nuts. Just do it. Good luck. You will be glad you did. These mirrors make the truck look much more futuristic.