PDA

View Full Version : Rear speed sensor question

Code1ne
11/09/2017, 07:56 AM
Hey everyone I’m new here and looking at buying a 2001 yellow VX that i found for a really good deal but the only issue is that the rear speed sensor on the tcase is bad so the vehicle won’t go into 4 high. The owner said the part is on national back order and i don’t know the part number so I’m having a hard time finding one. My main questions are what is the exact part number and can i get a sensor for a axiom or trooper and it will work just fine? Thanks for any info and help, super excited i found this VX because I’ve been looking for a yellow one for years now just need to find a rear speed sensor first.

89Vette
11/09/2017, 11:57 AM
Interesting if you Google it!....

Rock Auto often has classic/old vehicle parts. They have a couple selections OVER $100.
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/isuzu,2001,vehicross,3.5l+v6,1373554,electrical,sp eed+sensor,10634

OTOH, why not try one that's slashed to garage sale pricing!
http://www.carparts.com/details/Isuzu/VehiCROSS/Replacement/Speed_Sensor/2001/RI31330001.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQiAlpDQBRDmARIsAAW6-DM-L7QH3DmQ3ywEKreQuN1kSp9oY8R_tqG7SmgknU1AX-ygckznfEIaAphoEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

There are also a couple "in between" on fleabay.

FWIW, I have been able to get part numbers from dealerships when I NEED to confirm what I'm buying. Though Isuzu's aren't SOLD in the USA anymore, dealerships still work on them. For example, Jack Miller in Kansas City still does. Just Google it for the (large) city you desire. In Kansas City, I've seen Isuzu service "partnered" with Kia and/or Subaru.

Thelgord
11/09/2017, 02:30 PM
The trooper also uses the same transfer case, so you can probably find one at your local pull-a-part yard.

Code1ne
11/09/2017, 04:36 PM
thank you for the info! i did see the rock auto parts and i just wanted to make sure that was the right “speed sensor” for the tcase. The VX other than that was very well kept up with and only needs a good buff on the paint and to reupholster the interior fabric that has cracked over time.