PDA

View Full Version : check engine light 2

Amack76
11/20/2002, 11:54 PM
as it turns out i blew an o2 sensor, so i brought it to the dealer and they fixed. light off. 3 days later light comes on again i take it to dealer they fix. light goes off. it happened again!!!!!!!!! no w have to take it back again. does anyone know why i might be blowing o2 sensors, cause the dealer ain't got a **** clue

>>> Edited for language. WSG

Hotsauce
11/23/2002, 01:31 PM
Let me guess, 2nd sensor, 2nd bank?

John C.

Amack76
11/24/2002, 05:48 AM
yup

Hotsauce
11/29/2002, 11:09 PM
I had this happen to me shortly after putting a cone filter on my SC VX. It would only fault after a prolonged WOT run. It happened twice, I reset it both times.

I swapped the stock airbox back and it hasn't reappeared. I am guessing that somehow the flow through the filter I was using was fooling the MAS into leaning out a little too much for the LT trims on the fuel table.

If I can borrow my friends OBD2 datalogger again I can check exactly whats happening.

John C.

xdfarrx
03/03/2003, 01:26 PM
Bosch makes some really bomber and solid looking O2 sensors that I am considering throwing in. Thought I'd let you know. I think it is whack how your hunt performance is cut short by the mass air sensor. Maybe a new Mass air flow sensor might be the call??

SPAZZ
03/03/2003, 02:55 PM
My check engine light came on last November, Vehicross started shaking, and then started smoking. Coasted down the hill to a parking lot, thought it was spark plugs, swapped em out, and nope. When I took the oem plugs out, one of the plugs had oil on the bottom of the plug. I checked the oil level and it was extrememly high.
I had just had the 30,000 mile service done and thought they over filled. So, Isuzu road side took my baby away to be held for about a week. I received a call, multiple misfires, spark plugs, $125. I said nope, I have 6 oem plugs I'll be right down. When I swapped em again, I noticed no oil on the plugs, and oil level was normal. So, they did something, but denied it all and said they didn't do a thing.
Middle of Dec rolls around, same thing, but worse. So, off again Isuzu road side. The dealer kept it this time for a Month and a week. Changed out injector, coils, did electrical testing, and replaced a few other things. Finally the ECU.
Haven't had a problem yet, but am skeptical. Gas mileage still horrible, have an appointment this weekend to have the fuel trims or other culprit checked out(wonder how long they will keep it this time?). :confused:

Dallas4u
03/03/2003, 03:02 PM
I hate that we have an awesome product from a company that has such incompetent service.

Artist4Sale
03/03/2003, 03:34 PM
Man has everyone had a problem with their oxygen sensor? I got my VX in July with only 36 miles on it........and in November the old light came on......got it checked at a local place.they reset the sensor told me to bring it back if it comes back on. IT did that next day,, they told me to take it to the Isuzu dealer ( it was an hour away that is why I didn't go there in the first place) waited there like 4 hours, and the guy said they couldnt get it off it melted or something????????? well whatever,,,,,,,it hasn't acted up since.

Stacey

andy454
03/04/2003, 06:49 AM
Can you find out the exact code description? I know you said it was sensor 2,2 but it would help if we had the code. It could be a heater code, or a circuit performance code. Could be as simple as a wiring problem causing you to set the code. When does the code set? While driving or at start up? If you clear the code does it come back right away or do you have to drive it? Let me know and I can help you further with this.

TucsonVX
03/07/2003, 03:43 PM
I had this problem with another car, It had two o2
sensors. The dealer keep changing one of them, so he said. Anywhere from hours to days the check engine light would come on again. Finally I threated them with the Lemon Law, They replaced both sensors. The check engine has not failed with 02 sensor failures.