PDA

View Full Version : Any good sites to purchase VX covers?

louweed
10/31/2016, 06:46 PM
wheel, front seat, exterior storage, etc?

just purchased another VX and looking for a good reasonable site to purchase wheel, seat, exterior covers. Was looking at CoverShield on eBay they have a ton of stuff but not sure how compatible their stuff is with the VX: http://stores.ebay.com/Covershield?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

let me know of any good websites thanks!

ipd
10/31/2016, 09:18 PM
Not sure on exterior covers. Wet Okole makes great seat covers.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/inperfectdarkness/PICT1267_zpsaaqst2wm.jpg~original

As far as my steering wheel, I got a plush black cover which is a reasonable match for my seatbelt pads & dashmat.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/inperfectdarkness/20151015_152230_zps8thxcrff.jpg

belt pads & wheel cover were from local auto store. dashmat was from ebay, iirc.

louweed
11/02/2016, 04:04 PM
never even thought about a dashmat good thinking! btw im looking to buy an exterior cover what size would you get 14 ft? or 15?

ipd
11/02/2016, 04:28 PM
24'x24' attached, with a 22' insulated roll up door. ;)

louweed
11/02/2016, 07:14 PM
24'x24' attached, with a 22' insulated roll up door. ;)

why 24 ft? the car is just less than 14 ft w/o any mods?

Y33TREKker
11/03/2016, 06:11 AM
I bought one of the 5 Layer "Waterproof" covers offered by USCARCOVERPRO on ebay awhile back. Not a bad cover for the money, but at this point I couldn't endorse the waterproof aspect as being all that accurate. Maybe one of the higher multilayer offerings would prove being capable of that?

It's also not as much of a custom fit as the Wolf cover that came with the VX when I bought it, but that one wasn't as thick and over time simply started developing rips that it wasn't worth patching.

Unfortunately, I don't have one of the "24'x24' attached" type covers to utilize for the VX at the moment, but I would agree, that's the way to go, for any vehicle.

louweed
11/03/2016, 07:35 AM
I bought one of the 5 Layer "Waterproof" covers offered by USCARCOVERPRO on ebay awhile back. Not a bad cover for the money, but at this point I couldn't endorse the waterproof aspect as being all that accurate. Maybe one of the higher multilayer offerings would prove being capable of that?

It's also not as much of a custom fit as the Wolf cover that came with the VX when I bought it, but that one wasn't as thick and over time simply started developing rips that it wasn't worth patching.

Unfortunately, I don't have one of the "24'x24' attached" type covers to utilize for the VX at the moment, but I would agree, that's the way to go, for any vehicle.

what are these "attached" covers you speak of? link please. :)

ipd
11/03/2016, 03:55 PM
It's a joke, lou. We're saying that the ideal VX cover is a 2 car garage attached to your house.

louweed
11/03/2016, 06:49 PM
It's a joke, lou. We're saying that the ideal VX cover is a 2 car garage attached to your house.

damn you guys don't mess with me when i'm high! ;)

ipd
11/03/2016, 06:51 PM
Please, please, please, please, PLEASE don't drive your VX that way. I mean, aside from driving high in the first place...don't even risk it with your VX. :\

louweed
11/03/2016, 07:18 PM
Please, please, please, please, PLEASE don't drive your VX that way. I mean, aside from driving high in the first place...don't even risk it with your VX. :\

never do never will i dont smoke that much anyways the little i do now is just medicinal. ;)

Y33TREKker
11/04/2016, 06:28 AM
Now why am I reminded of this old Steven Wright bit?

"The other night I came home late, and tried to unlock my house with my car keys. I started the house up. So, I drove it around for a while. I was speeding, and a cop pulled me over. He asked where I lived. I said, "Right here, officer."