PDA

View Full Version : Shaking

gregory46
12/15/2003, 03:20 AM
Whenever I hit the gas, my car is shaking hard and making a big noise.
Why!
I checked the engine mounting, and everything was alright.
And I changed transmission oil 6month ago.
Anyone coud help me?

ScubaSteve
12/15/2003, 04:58 AM
gotta flat?:rolleyes:

push the winter drive button and see what it does. if it drives fine when starting in third you're probably grinding 1st gear. check the tranny fluid (while running)?

dunno, i'm by no means and expert or heck even half-way edumacated about the matter, but usually when someone new to VXing has problems, it's just because they just changed fluids incorrectly. Our trannies are very sensitive to fluid level...

i'm sure you'll find better help than this - a lot of folks on this board are QUITE knowledgeable on our trucks. might help if you elaborated on the shaking and grinding though.

-scoob

Tone
12/15/2003, 06:55 AM
EGR

NC_VX
12/15/2003, 07:16 AM
:confused: Well, I had a similar problem that wouldn't go away. The case for me? The fan (I guess engine fan, the big spinning thing under the hood!!!) had worked itself loose and had to be replaced, the bearings were bad or something like that! I was skeptical at first, I think it cause around $150 or soemthing, but when I saw the old fan, I realized that it really was damaged.... I don't know how it happened, but the noise and shaking went away....

How can you tell if it is broken? Just take the fan and feel around the center where it connects, its like a bicycle wheel in that it can be out of true or the bearings make it loose around the hold.... I am probably doing a shizz of a job explaining, but I hope you get the point...

gregory46
12/15/2003, 07:41 AM
THANKS! GUYS

I LOVE THIS SITE.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!! ( I AM A STRAIGHT GUY NO E-MAIL PLEASE ) HA HA HA

XCross69
12/15/2003, 08:05 AM
My VX gives off some good vibrations sometimes, and noise to go along with it.....I, however, have it narrowed down to the exhaust:naughty: