PDA

View Full Version : I'm back and here's the video

edyavno
12/14/2003, 01:02 PM
Hello to all the members. Both old, who were here when I was last posting, and new! I see a lot of new members, and this is really great that this VX community is growing strong.
My apologies for not posting lately: I've been insanely busy at work, and with my new consulting practice. With the 15-16 hour workdays, any free time I have now, I try to spend away from the computer.
BUT ...
A long long time ago, Anita sent me a copy of the video Isuzu created about the Vehicross: story behind it, how it was produced, and tons of other cool info from engineering to sales and marketing. Now, in retrospect, we know that some of the marketing plans for the VX didn't pan out for Isuzu, but that's another story. I promised to encode the video and make it available to be streamed, which unfortunately didn't happen until now.
Overall, this video is a must for any current or prospective VX owner, or any car enthusiast for that matter!
Now, the video. It's streamed in Windows Media format, so both windows and mac users should be able to view it (mac users might have to download windows media player for mac – available for both 9 and X). Linux users will have to use the crossover plugin, or some other wine stuff. The video's encoding rate is 240 Kbps, so you need to be on a broadband connection (DSL/Cable/T1/T3/Internet backbone/Sky is the limit) to view it properly. It's about half hour long, but when streamed, you should be able to navigate to any point relatively easily. I'll also make it available as a download (50 Mb) it here, on vehicross.info.
I’m paying for the streaming bandwidth, so I’ve made the page where you can watch it password-protected. Please don’t try to stream the video outside of that page, or I’ll have to take the video down.

Without further due:

http://www.yavno.info/vx_video/vx_video.html
username: vehicross
password: isuzuvideo

Hope to be posting more,
- Ed Y.

Andrey
12/14/2003, 01:15 PM
Ed - thank you very much ! OUTSTANDING !

Triathlete
12/14/2003, 01:50 PM
Ed,
For us lowly, slow boat from China, dial up users any chance you'd be able to burn it to a cd? I'd be willing to pay for you effort and shipping! I have never seen this and would love to have a copy. Thanks in advance!:thumbup: :thanx:

Anita
12/14/2003, 02:01 PM
Yay Ed!!

Funny the timing... I just took the video to be made into a DVD

NC_VX
12/14/2003, 02:37 PM
I ahve to say Ed, I would also like this on DVD or Window's Media. I would pay. This is an amazing video and really shed's light to the history of the VX. I have heard from many people on the site what the VX is and have also heard from the Isuzu sales guy when I saw it in a 1997 car show, but to have this factual, documented, and entertaining video gives me goose-bumps, their talking about my VX... that is awesome!!!

I am part of something unique, we are part of a one of a kind vehicle. After 6 years this vehicle is still not matched in its futuristic and functional use!!!! And with the knowledge, ideas, and solutions that have been created and shared by the users of this site, the VX will continue to be #1... Funny thing, I almost sold it cause I thought I made a bad purchase decision....!!!!

Capri
12/14/2003, 03:37 PM
having this video downloadable instead of stream would be awesome..;)

lenny
12/14/2003, 04:21 PM
cool man

i would also love to have it on dvd

good job

Cyrk
12/14/2003, 04:33 PM
VERY COOL VIDEO!

Thanks... Me too for a DVD, let me know where to send my money for one...

Thanks again, Ed.

-Dave

zadam123
12/14/2003, 05:18 PM
Bravo ED!

Great video and it was worth the wait. please make it a DL as well.

Cudos again.

adam

ISCE
12/14/2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks for sharing. I too would be interested in a download version. I love the VX and this was great.

Jay

nyc #1 ironman
12/14/2003, 06:53 PM
Ok Ed, What's the deal? You disappeared when Saddam disappeared and now "The Day" he is captured you reeeee-appear Hmmmmmmm.... Spill your guts buddy !!!! (LOL) We missed you Ed and we also missed you at some of our meets,they weren't the same with out the whole crew of us... Welcome back,,,

edyavno
12/14/2003, 09:34 PM
Glad everybody's enjoying the video, that's why I knew I had to do it. Thanks to Anita for making and sending me a VHS copy, even though it took her some time, but not as loong as it took me. ;)
George, of course, I was on a mission helping the US troops hunt down Saddam! :)

I've submitted the video file to the downloads section, video category (http://www.vehicross.info/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=4). It's not there yet, but as soon as Scott aproves it, it'll be there, so you can download and watch it locally. Since Anita is making the DVD, if you want a hard media, I'll refer you to her, she is "the source" after all.

Cyrk
12/15/2003, 09:10 AM
Anita hook us up!!!

We can send money for DVDs...

Let us know.

Thanks,
-Dave

SPAZZ
12/15/2003, 09:29 AM
Irma is looking mighty fine....tell her hApPy bIrThDaY!!! for me please;Dp; .....ooops..did I not even watch the video;eekp;

StormTROOPER
12/15/2003, 12:23 PM
:waab: no picture on my dial up, please put me on the dvd list Santa Anita , I promise not to be naughty.

VCAMILO
12/15/2003, 12:46 PM
I never saw the commercial with the tail light question. Did they play it for GMC owners only? Much thanks for the video. I just took a look at it at work. ;Db; Great start to my day.

drdavidr4u
12/15/2003, 01:40 PM
This is awesome!!!

Can you post a download link for us??

Thanks!!!!

TDAWG
12/15/2003, 10:25 PM
Hey edyavno,
Outstanding brother!!!!!! I have to bow before you for that awesome vid. And Anita I also bow before you for it was not for you this would never have been possible. Thanx to the both of you for brings us that piece of VX History. You are both gods up there with the likes of MONCHA and TONE. Some people say we're a cult with it nice being part of a cult even if the numbers will always be small.

edyavno
12/16/2003, 02:24 PM
TDAWG, you're scaring me! I thought the cult analogies subsided for now. :)

The video is now available as a 50 Mb download in the Video category (http://www.vehicross.info/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=4) if you want to save a copy on your computer. It will continue to be be available for streaming too if you just want to watch it. Enjoy.

Heraclid
12/16/2003, 04:24 PM
I rate it a 99.9! I deducted just a bit for the one guy calling it a car. LOL! Just kidding - thanks!

Moncha
12/16/2003, 04:30 PM
Oh no!!! The cult thing again!!
I had to take a lie detector test for work and one of the questions was, "Do you or have you belong/ed to any cults or strange social communities?" Of course, I said, "No." Now, how am I gonna explain that I'm considered a god? ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy;

WormGod
12/17/2003, 07:40 AM
AWESOME! Full of a ton of great facts. What I love best is hearing "personal" stories from designers, etc about their experiences driving the VX. They know EXACTLY how we feel. :)

I would seriously pay a few bucks to have that video burned to a disk. Any chance?

Panther_Black_VX
12/17/2003, 05:46 PM
Ah the cult talk....

It was my wife that was the first one to call us a "cult" sometime back. This prompted me to ask the bretheren if it were true. Sorry about that. However she has since become a fellow member!!.... :D

And yep we are a cult, since my whole family gathered around the monitor to watch the streaming video!! hehehehe!

Great job Ed!!! Good stuff...

mrtew
12/18/2003, 06:55 AM
That's great, but I really hope that there is a downloadable Quicktime version available soon! WMP just looks so bad compared to QT. Either than or DVD copies for sale!

WormGod
12/18/2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by mrtew
That's great, but I really hope that there is a downloadable Quicktime version available soon! WMP just looks so bad compared to QT. Either than or DVD copies for sale!

Good old DivX has always been a great compression visually for me. Damned near movie quality. Although, I have to say, with a GOOD video card, Media Player is really pumping out some superior quality. Till it's more norm though, I prefer a DVDcopy if possible. Best to watch a cool vid like this on a good progressive scan player with component link and hdtv, heh. :p

tiggergreen
12/18/2003, 02:14 PM
Well if someone wants to send me the original video, I will create a DVD and distribute the copies to whoever wants one for free.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

Anita
12/18/2003, 02:35 PM
Ed, you want to send your vid or I could.. but I will have to make a copy of my original. :rollb:

That is really generous of you Brent. You need at least to ask us to pay shipping and your cost. I think a lot of us will want one.

migil
12/18/2003, 05:26 PM
I've been eagerly waiting to see this video for quite some time. I'm thrilled I'm finally watching it. Very professional, well produced video.

I agree with Anita: We should pay shipping and costs. Please by all means let us know how we can get the DVD version.

tiggergreen
12/19/2003, 10:57 AM
It doesn't matter how many of you want one - it will be my Christmas gift to the group. I do not want any money for this.

Please send the video to:

329 SE Brookwood
Hillsboro, OR 97123

As soon as I get it, I will start on the conversion. Please send all requests for a copy to brent@xanderstudios.com along with your real life name, forum username and physical mailing address.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

edyavno
12/19/2003, 12:21 PM
Brent,
I'll try to fedex you my VHS copy on monday. Thanks for doing this.

Originally posted by tiggergreen
It doesn't matter how many of you want one - it will be my Christmas gift to the group. I do not want any money for this.

Please send the video to:

329 SE Brookwood
Hillsboro, OR 97123

As soon as I get it, I will start on the conversion. Please send all requests for a copy to brent@xanderstudios.com along with your real life name, forum username and physical mailing address.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

tiggergreen
12/19/2003, 12:38 PM
No problem - thanks for doing the video streaming...

Brent

LNF
12/19/2003, 01:17 PM
Thank you Anita and Ed!

I just viewed the video posted and it was awsome!!! The most informative media I've seen on the VX. If I wasn't hooked already, I would certainly be now! I've just got to find a way to get my hands on a VX of my very own.

Kudos from the weeping wanna-be.
LNF

NC_VX
12/19/2003, 05:53 PM
brent, I tried sending an email to your address and it is bouncing back saying it is an invalid email and I confirmed with your website and the address you listed so I know I am sending it to the right address.... any suggestions?

tiggergreen
12/19/2003, 09:34 PM
Sorry about that. I just switched domains and the transfer happened to go through today. I have re-setup all the e-mail addresses, so you can send the e-mail again and I will get it.

My old host, sleekhost.com, did not support true .NET applications (only the aspx pages), so I switched to webhost4life.com and my application is now up and running - I love C#...

Anyhow, go ahead and get those e-mails to me and I will hopefully have something ready by the end of next week if all goes well.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

mrtew
12/20/2003, 10:44 PM
That Christmas present is soooooooo cool! I sent you my email that's for darned sure! Thanks a LOT! Wow!

Hiss
12/21/2003, 05:27 AM
This is way cool... thanks Brent! Sent you an email. :clap: