PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered these centre caps!

TonyVX
06/04/2016, 07:20 AM
Hey All,

I just ordered these centre caps from Ebay. Mine are shot. It looks a little too good to be true, but the seller has good feedback so I guess we'll see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isuzu-Trooper-Vehicross-wheel-center-cap-hubcap-chrome-1993-2002-6796FR-SET-OF-4-/322061324532?fits=Year%3A1999%7CMake%3AIsuzu%7CMod el%3AVehiCROSS&hash=item4afc59d0f4:g:5cMAAOSwgApXBEOw&vxp=mtr

I'll let you all know how it turns out when I get them.

Cheers,
Tony

Lizardmen3477
06/04/2016, 07:30 PM
I tryed to sell ya mine an woulda been alot cheaper u stopped answering me

TonyVX
06/11/2016, 10:50 PM
Lizard,

Apologies. I ended up being deployed for a bit and just came back last month. Figured you'd sold them by now.

creeg
06/17/2016, 03:18 PM
I put stick-on backup mirrors over my center caps. The ones that you stick to the corner of your side-view mirror. Adds more shiney to my wheels.
similar to these
https://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/K/S/KSC0400_2_250.jpg

Since I dont offroad, they last a long time.

tysamigo
06/18/2016, 10:07 PM
Hey All,

I just ordered these centre caps from Ebay. Mine are shot. It looks a little too good to be true, but the seller has good feedback so I guess we'll see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isuzu-Trooper-Vehicross-wheel-center-cap-hubcap-chrome-1993-2002-6796FR-SET-OF-4-/322061324532?fits=Year%3A1999%7CMake%3AIsuzu%7CMod el%3AVehiCROSS&hash=item4afc59d0f4:g:5cMAAOSwgApXBEOw&vxp=mtr

I'll let you all know how it turns out when I get them.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony...

So did you receive what you thought you would? How do they look? Any problems in replacing? If you've had good luck I might grab some too.

TonyVX
06/18/2016, 10:14 PM
Hey Ty,
Haven't got them yet. I'm in Canada and it takes a while to get across the border. Will update when I get them. Probs next week.

TonyVX
06/25/2016, 08:54 AM
Well, this is weird.

The ad definitely said "set of 4" and so far I've received 3. I emailed the seller and he says the 4th is on the way. I don't why he would only send 3 and then the 4th. If he didn't have a big enough box, he should have gotten another one....

Anyway, the caps I've received are in good condition. They are not factory new, of course, but miles above the peeling/cracking ones I have now. I probs should have went with Lizard though.

I'll post pictures when I have the rest of the order and get them installed.

tysamigo
08/24/2016, 11:00 PM
Well, this is weird.

The ad definitely said "set of 4" and so far I've received 3. I emailed the seller and he says the 4th is on the way. I don't why he would only send 3 and then the 4th. If he didn't have a big enough box, he should have gotten another one....

Anyway, the caps I've received are in good condition. They are not factory new, of course, but miles above the peeling/cracking ones I have now. I probs should have went with Lizard though.

I'll post pictures when I have the rest of the order and get them installed.

Any update? How did these turn out? Did you get the 4th? Just wonderin :)

TonyVX
08/26/2016, 12:58 PM
Yeah, so this was all a bit of a "schmozz". The agent for the company that sold them to me was let go (fired or quit - I don't know) so my 4th cap fell through the cracks. When a new agent was given my order, she couldn't figure out how to send it to Canada. There is some weird broker shenanigans that has to happen in Kentucky. Anyway, I was refunded for the fourth cap and told to order again and their system could process it.

I didn't feel like going through the trouble so I left it at that.

Would I go with these guys again? Probably not. The caps were ok, but I should have asked for a picture first because I had higher expectations. I don't think it's the company's fault for the weird service. It was good service. They were responsive when they were notified of a problem. It's just ordering from the US is a pain from Canada - at least through EBay.

Lesson learned. Go through Lizardmen next time.

I'm in a comfy chair and I don't feel like getting up right now, but I will take photos later.

Cheers,
Tony