PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Supercharger hose issue

ScottinMA
04/09/2016, 03:55 AM
Discovered that a hose, directly behind the supercharger, identified by two hose clamps on top and bottom has become so porous and it must be replaced. I'm not sure how to go about it and would appreciate any information from anyone who's had to replace that hose.

Scott

The picture shows a sideways view

WormGod
04/15/2016, 07:19 AM
I have never had to bother with this line. I would imagine it is just regular plumbing. Hopefully you can just tear it down and just cut the same size new hose down to fit. Sadly, "tear down" seems the likely scenario here. Plan for at least 1/2 a day. In any case, make the best of it and replace any other lines, gaskets, and maybe even the S/C oil while you are at it. Knock as many birds down with that stone as possible. Good luck.

Mile High VX
04/15/2016, 08:26 AM
Stand up about two birds with one stone...classic if you like a dry British type of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71gilEP4aJY

JesseB
04/15/2016, 11:04 AM
...not meaning to threadjack...but is there any supercharger kits still available anywhere?

ScottinMA
04/15/2016, 11:18 AM
Ahhhhr...Well JesseB there are plenty of threads about your question so lets not highjack this. The hose in question is very interesting. When removed there is a "restrictor" inside the hose that narrows the diameter from the SC to the intake. And since Alpine no longer exists there is no replacement.

WormGod
04/18/2016, 07:24 AM
Ahhhhr...Well JesseB there are plenty of threads about your question so lets not highjack this. The hose in question is very interesting. When removed there is a "restrictor" inside the hose that narrows the diameter from the SC to the intake. And since Alpine no longer exists there is no replacement.

I am assuming you can still just pull off the old hose and slide a fresh cut one in place though, right?

ScottinMA
04/18/2016, 08:16 AM
The hose
is in rough shape so it really needs to be replaced

ScottinMA
04/22/2016, 04:38 AM
Was finally able to construct a hose within a hose to replace the deteriorated existing set up. So the moral of the story is, if you have an Alpine supercharger, you might want to check the condition of yours. I also came across the following email address: sales@performancesi.com which I used a while back to replace the 5 pound pulley. So I gave it a shot but never got a response. That company apparently purchased Alpine and was supplying parts for a while. If anyone reads this and has information as to where we can now obtain alpine supercharger parts that would be a big help.

hughesdt
04/22/2016, 09:21 AM
Tried the email as well and it was bounced back...