PDA

View Full Version : Thump from inside!!!

Sheik-YurBooty
12/12/2003, 11:24 PM
Since about the past 10 days or so, I hear a thump easch time I hit a bump. The thump sounds as if its coming form the inside. It seems like its coming from either the rear door , or from the rear seats which are always in the down position. I checked to see if the spare was loose, but it seems tight to me, & the door is also tight when its opened. I even tried driving w/ the rear seats in the up position,but still I get the thump. The sound appears to be coming from the rear on the passenger side. Does anyone possibly know what this is?..thanks Bruce......PS I cant wait till I have the PV2 installed this week!

xiaoz
12/12/2003, 11:32 PM
check if u tighten the spare tire screw.

Sheik-YurBooty
12/12/2003, 11:54 PM
spare seems to be tight

Bantan
12/13/2003, 12:33 AM
Maybe a loose jack or rear speaker housing.
How about having someone back there to listen out while you are driving?

Tone
12/13/2003, 07:03 AM
It is probably the rear door - there is an adjustment on the latch mechanism so that the rear door contacts the rubber coated V. Use the search feature as this has been covered several times.

SPAZZ
12/13/2003, 04:35 PM
MAYBE...Your springs are sagging...and you are resting on your bumstops....this would cause a sound really loud when you hit bumps...loud enough to be heard easily from inside...and loud enough to make you think it was inside.

Raque Thomas
12/14/2003, 12:48 PM
I second what Tone said. I had a loud thump when hitting a sharp bump and drove myself crazy trying to find it until soemone posted about that wedge stop adjustment. Noise gone, but now the rear door pooper won't pop the door open all the way, so I have to get back there and do some tweaking.

Sheik-YurBooty
12/16/2003, 10:28 PM
I think I found where thumping came from......As I said before, that the tire was tight when I looked at it the other day, in fact ,the spare was never taken off the door at all..Well anyway I took off the spare & placed it on the folded rear seats & began driving home from work (10 miles) .So far ,so good. In the morning Im gonna drive it w/out the spare just to see if the noise comes back, Then If it does, then it must be comming from the rear seats , for the weight of the spare could have kept it from thumping.. But if its the spare in the door making the sound, How do I fix it so it will stay quiet?...I will let you know by tommorow if its the rear seats,, Maybe Tones suggestion will help, He hasnt been wrong with me yet!

omegavx
12/17/2003, 08:30 AM
I had the same thump everytime I'd hit a big bump, I just layed some carpet under, behind and on both sides of my spare. Cut out a hole for the connection area and havn't had a bump since. It seems to be much quiter back there and it only cost me like $9.99 at meijer for auto carpet that seems to match ours.

BTW, I do still hear the rear seats rattle alittle, but its definatly a different noise then the spare thump.

Sheik-YurBooty
12/18/2003, 04:54 AM
Nice going Omega(Jay)...It seems to me that you may have the problem covered. Im gonna try 2 things to resolve the thump. First I will do as you did to your spare,& second Im gonna do what Tone said to do wih the gizmo on the side of the rear door...I'm gonna do both of your suggestions. They appear to be logical & the price is right. .....I will let you guys know how it turned out later on tonite.....Once again thanks you guys................." Is VehiCROSS.info great or what?"....Bruce