PDA

View Full Version : Any body ever do anything cool with their fangs?

bssage
03/30/2016, 07:09 PM
I just buffed out all the surface imperfections in mine. Getting ready to polish. Has anyone every done something they think is cool with theirs? It seems like a neat feature that is overlooked.

ipd
03/30/2016, 08:48 PM
Like sharpen them (with paint) into vampire teeth? yep. It's been done. Dude is on here, but I don't remember screen name.

I'd actually like to get rid of them entirely, not just pull them off the grille...but get a hex-grille that doesn't even have pillars on it. That said, I like the stock hexes so much that I got matching floor mats. :)

WormGod
03/31/2016, 07:26 AM
Took mine (the alum covers) off. I like the open faced flush grill. I have been wanting to get another grill to actually cut out the entire honeycomb inset and fang base and just flush it out completely with some new honeycomb/lattice style. I just like clean and flush. I tend to do this to all my cars. Something similar to my STi grill.... CLEAN! http://www.subispeed.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/85e4522595efc69f496374d01ef2bf13/2/0/2015-wrx-sti-chargespeed-cf-grille-car-1.jpg

(not my STi pictured, mine is silver ;) )

Willievee
03/31/2016, 12:30 PM
I like this idea, too. I'm missing the "ISUZU" badge on the front, so removing the current fangs and honeycomb and replacing them with a simple grille material would solve the problem of finding a new badge.

ipd
03/31/2016, 04:12 PM
But the honeycomb looks SO much better than chicken-wire & braces.

P.S.
If I were doing anything, I'd try to modernize it a bit. Try and incorporate some D-Max Fury features into my VX.