PDA

View Full Version : VehiCross parts are still around - Scott (the new Merlin)

tysamigo
03/22/2016, 08:52 PM
Merlin was an enormous help not just to myself but to many of us in the group and when he left to Tesla and when St Charles stopped being an Isuzu dealer we all lost an enormous asset. Since then we've found a few parts here and there and also using isuzuparts.com which is ok but I haven't encountered someone that had Merlin's type of enthusiasm for Isuzu and who would go WAY out of their way just for a few small parts or for some info that may not end up making him a sale. Of course no one could ever really replace Merlin, but I believe I've met the next best person.

SCOTT at Jack Miller Isuzu Kia in Missouri is now in "GOD" status in my eyes. He is the type of person that will research to make sure that everything is right on target. For example, on my most recent parts order he sent an email back complete with images from the workshop parts manual just to ensure that each part is what I needed. Their website (www.isuzupartscenter.com) along with isuzuparts.com website uses a 3rd party to provide the Illustrated Parts Lists and unfortunately there are several pages that are incorrect on part numbers and/or descriptions. During my few years of restoring my VX to showroom condition I have learned all of these small parts inside and out from fasteners, clips, grommets, bolts, screws, etc. During this I have found many mistakes. So Scott wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

We chatted on the phone for some time and he is AN ENORMOUS WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE! I asked about a replacement for the power steering pump, can I get one that is from a Trooper, Axiom etc. I asked him if there was something for the end user like some type of website or book that will show WHICH PARTS ON OUR VX IS COMPATIBLE WITH PARTS ON ANOTHER ISUZU and he shared with me a document that is ... JUST THAT! I'm going to the public library soon to investigate this "bible of knowledge" :) The amount of information he knows about Isuzu in general is amazing!!! He's been doing this since the 80's and has a passion for what he does! I cannot emphasize that enough.

So, if you need something and want to speak to someone who will REALLY REALLY help you... call SCOTT!!!

The Front License Plate cover was listed as Obsolete a while back but to my surprise there are still some available in one of the 2 warehouses here in the U.S but there was some type of mix-up with part numbers or something. Scott actually called the Isuzu warehouse and spoke with a higher up to find what the problem was and in doing so he found several of these STILL NEW and ready to be sold. He also noted there are only 12 TOD Decals left (at about $25 each) so if you need either of these or ANY parts... give him a call. The correct part number for the Front License Plate Cover is 2903109400. They are about $30 or so and he has some left! I remember seeing several people looking for these and when they went to order them they couldn't.

I've ordered from their site before (www.isuzupartscenter.com) but I never called and spoke with a person... I'm glad I did.

We may not have Merlin anymore... but SCOTT is here to help :)

Scott
scott@jackmillerauto.com

2900 Burlington
N. Kansas City, MO

CatFish
03/22/2016, 09:05 PM
I have bought parts from them too and it has been great.

xmjamesx
03/22/2016, 09:45 PM
Awesome, thankx for the info and the time you took to find out this new wealth of information..

tysamigo
03/22/2016, 10:18 PM
Very welcome!

I forgot to mention something else very useful. He has customers in many other countries. Since the Isuzu warehouses will not ship outside of the U.S., he has customers in South America, Puerto Rico, Australia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, all over the place where he receives the item and ships it to them. Some of his customers go back far before VehiCross was even born so if there is anyone in the group from outside of the U.S. that is having trouble finding parts, I would certainly give Scott a call.

With the numerous mistakes on the site (where a 3rd party is responsible for the content), I think it is best to email or even better call him directly and just get what you need.

It's always best I guess to have part numbers, but he loves to help. He won't mind if you just call and say... hey I need one of those doohickies that does this... he will look it up, give you some info (and probably a story) and get you on your way. It made my day knowing we have someone still in the loop and who knows how to get answers for our beloved VXes :)

CatFish
03/22/2016, 10:19 PM
I use both Isuzu parts suppliers they have both been good and I have had no issues with either one. Just check price and availability for your area, there prices vary buy a little but you still get Isuzu parts at a good price, but may have to wait for back ordered items to come from Japan so think ahead and wait for it.:)
http://www.isuzupartscenter.com/
http://www.isuzuparts.com/

I even found some good deals still on parts that are still sitting on shelf at the local ex-Isuzu dealerships around town, it never hurts to call them and see it they have any extra Isuzu parts laying around that they want to sell. I scored a brand new still in the box front bumper cladding for $500.

VX KAT
03/23/2016, 07:25 AM
This is fantastic to hear Tyler, sure it will come in very handy over the next few years!

tysamigo
03/23/2016, 09:12 AM
UPDATE:

UPDATE: Scott did some research to see how much ACCESSORIES are still available including calling the warehouses and speaking with the warehouse inventory managers to confirm. Attached are his findings. Surprising some roof rack "stuff" is still available such as bike mounts, ski mount hardware, locking hubs, etc.:

tysamigo
03/23/2016, 09:13 AM
If you cannot ready anything because the images are to small, you can view larger images on the FB post that I did or you may email me and I'll forward it to you tysamigo@gmail.com

Willievee
03/23/2016, 12:07 PM
Is the "Isuzu" badge the one that goes on the front grille? I definitely need that one.

YellowVX
03/23/2016, 03:43 PM
I bought mine off eBay from some joint in Thailand. I tried to look for it but history only goes back to 2014; I bought mine in 2012. I recommend getting measurements of the block the emblem fits in and do an eBay search for "Isuzu emblems".

tysamigo
03/23/2016, 05:36 PM
Is the "Isuzu" badge the one that goes on the front grille? I definitely need that one.

Yes, I think so. To be sure, call Scott and he'll let ya know, but the Illustrated Parts List that he shows is for our VehiCross.

Mile High VX
03/23/2016, 07:03 PM

I think that this is the large back one at $95. The site shows the front one about $34.

johnnyapollo
03/24/2016, 02:46 AM
I wonder if he can help me source a TOD rear speed sensor? Having problems even finding the part number...

CatFish
03/24/2016, 08:57 AM
I wonder if he can help me source a TOD rear speed sensor? Having problems even finding the part number...

Is this what you want?part number 8973779200

This one just says powertrain control
http://www.isuzupartscenter.com/parts/2000/Isuzu/VehiCROSS/index.cfm?action=partDetail&section=ELECTRICAL&group=POWERTRAIN%20CONTROL&subgroup=POWERTRAIN%20CONTROL&component=VEHICLE%20SPEED%20SENSOR&partnumber=8973779200&vehicleid=43807&siteid=216496

I see one listed here too.
http://www.isuzuparts.com/partscat.html

This one says it is for the brakes
http://www.isuzupartscenter.com/parts/2000/Isuzu/VehiCROSS/index.cfm?action=partDetail&section=BRAKES&group=ANTI-LOCK%20BRAKES&subgroup=ANTI-LOCK%20BRAKES&component=REAR%20SPEED%20SENSOR&partnumber=8971100763&vehicleid=43807&siteid=216496

johnnyapollo
03/25/2016, 02:34 AM
Not sure. When I replaced them back in 07 it was a lot easier just calling Merlin - I bought both and thus far haven't found the part number. I'll have to dig out the parts catalog.

-- John

tysamigo
03/25/2016, 08:16 AM
I would give Scott a quick call and ask him.

fotomaker
03/25/2016, 09:40 AM
What timing!

I was just in the process of looking for parts for timing/serpentine belt replacement when this thread was born.
Ordered what I could from Scott and he helped me find aftermarket parts for what he wasn't readily available.

Thanks!!!

tysamigo
03/25/2016, 11:48 AM

Yes, I think so. To be sure, call Scott and he'll let ya know, but the Illustrated Parts List that he shows is for our VehiCross.

Willievve,

I asked Scott and this was his response:

8971208422 (Grille Emblem) is the part number. Currently the U.S. is showing ‘1’ available. Any additional quantity would have to backorder from Japan.

scotleycrue
03/25/2016, 12:25 PM

8971208422 (Grille Emblem). There is currently showing to be '1' in the U.S. via ISUZU.

Hope this helps,
Scott

tysamigo
03/25/2016, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the group Scott :)

So happy to have you aboard...

johnnyapollo
03/25/2016, 04:56 PM
Weird that the thread shows 2 pages but when you click page 2 it takes you back to the activity stream

Willievee
03/25/2016, 08:26 PM
Thanks for looking the part up for me guys. Can't see page 2 of this thread though. Hopefully the bug gets fixed soon and I can see the info.