PDA

View Full Version : front wheel well difference

HuzpazA
03/09/2016, 02:13 PM
while looking to get new tires i picked the LT285/75-16 KUMHO ROAD VENTURE MT KL71. now after second guessing this decision multiple times i believe that this size will be too big for my VX with stock ride height. i noticed that theres a difference between the space between the front of my tires and the wheel well / bumper. right now i have a set of 245/75/16's on and the drivers side has a gap of 1 3/4" while the other side only has 1 1/2".

i dont know how or why this iz an issue but i need to know what can be done about it to make both sides even. can this be fixed with an alignment or am i looking at a serious problem?

and what will be the widest tires i can go with on stock height? i understand that i can trim a bit off from the front cladding to accommodate for clearance and that wont be a problem as long as i can finally settle on the right width and height of the tires i need to get. i can possibly do the torsion crank trick to get a bit more height if needed, i would like the front and rear to be at the same height.. so how much lift will i need to make that happen?:confused:

ipd
03/10/2016, 01:06 PM
either alignment, or worn suspension/bushings--that'd be my guess. You can go as wide as you want, if you keep shrinking the sidewall. Consider 285/70's instead of 75's--but even that will require a bit of a trim. IIRC, I'm running 265/60R18's, and these required a trim.

MSHardeman
03/10/2016, 04:50 PM
The VX's were, basically, hand built so there will be discrepancies. Everything may be just fine and that's just how your VX is.

Gotta love em for their quirks.