PDA

View Full Version : Found the squeaky cricket that is my Hood, but how do I suppress the Noise!!?!!

jtirado
02/13/2016, 09:06 PM
For months I've tolerated this ever growing squeak coming from the Vehicross. After replacing the balljoints and tie rod ends, decided that I had to address the issue. It seem when I open the hood, no more squeak!

But when I close the hood, the squeak returns. Does anyone know "where" or how can I muffel the noise? I spray WD40 on the (2) hinges....that had virtually no effect! Any suggestions would be Most welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

Drive Safe!

ahdoman
02/13/2016, 10:31 PM
It's probably the latch, not the hinges. Mine does that when I'm off roading. Grease the latch and the pivot points.

ron
02/13/2016, 11:30 PM
For months I've tolerated this ever growing squeak coming from the Vehicross. After replacing the balljoints and tie rod ends, decided that I had to address the issue. It seem when I open the hood, no more squeak!

But when I close the hood, the squeak returns. Does anyone know "where" or how can I muffel the noise? I spray WD40 on the (2) hinges....that had virtually no effect! Any suggestions would be Most welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

Drive Safe!

There are a couple of rubber bump stops underneath the hood near the front. You can adjust the height by turning them. Extending the stops will keep the hood from rattling around too much and making squeaky noises. I believe counterclockwise will extend these stops. Just adjust both in quarter turns and drive around after each adjustment to see if the squeaks disappear. Hope this helps.

Mile High VX
02/14/2016, 10:39 AM
Agree with Rudy...if they're like mine then they are TOAST but you can still get them new from isuzuparts.com at a good price.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMAG0241.jpg

jtirado
02/21/2016, 05:34 AM
You guys are the BEST, that's why I love coming to the site...keeps my Vehicross rolling!!!

jtirado
02/27/2016, 08:43 AM
The rubber bumps did the trick...I never thought silence would be so golden...no offense to Crickets!!