PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Isuzu Snow Ball

AnalogVX
12/11/2003, 09:15 PM
Not a VX meet, but it's really getting rolling and I thought I would share. Attica, Indiana at the Badlands. Looks like 7 definates and 2 maybe attendees. It will sure turn out to be a great time. Check out the thread on the Wire.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=396814&page=0&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

yal^
12/12/2003, 02:55 PM
Ok, if the schedule doesn't change and I can leave some people at home ;) I could stroll in... hopefully...

nocturnalVX
12/13/2003, 12:58 AM
O.K. I've gone from a definite NO to a serious MAYBE... I wish my schedule would quit messin' with my brain!:goof:

FIEND
12/16/2003, 02:42 PM
OK the non VXer has joined up and posted(thanx Gill).Just in case anyone has questions I have once again officiated this run.On a personal note I hope to see some more VX's.I so love these things and I love watching how they work so well even with the street tires and bling bling.Come on guys....who's in???

Does that look pathetic enough Rich?Gill?:nuke:

omegavx
12/16/2003, 05:12 PM
If I goto New Orleans for new years I wont be able to, but if I dont then I should be able to make it.

nocturnalVX
12/17/2003, 02:23 AM
Hey John! Glad you found this den of VXers. There are a few other non-owners on here, and are welcome as long as they praise the VehiCROSS (which you've never failed to do). Since I ditched the 18" chrome rims & tires in favor of the more aggressive set I've got now, my VX has lost some of it's "bling". However, it should be even more capable off-road, so (with Rich's Revos, and Yal's 32"s) hopefully there will be even more impressive wheelin' this time. I'd better call Joe Darlington and get some of his tie rod shields! How's your Rodeo? You got her at 100%?

FIEND
12/17/2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by nocturnalVX
How's your Rodeo? You got her at 100%?

Nope still in pieces in my mini barn....hopefully I will have it together in time but I can always ride with you if I don't...LOL!!!!:nuke:

It would be nice to have you there Jay...the more the merrier.Plus it would be nice to have some guys around close by so when we have a spur of the moment run we could get more people.

nocturnalVX
12/30/2003, 07:40 PM
O.K. people... I'm returning to the Badlands! I just put in for the time off, so it's a definite. I will be there! Woo Hoo! Now, Rich... promise me you'll act as my voice of reason & keep me from doing anything stoopid. :goof: Thanks!

FIEND
01/04/2004, 02:29 PM
It's ok Gill...you can trust that I of all people will keep you on the stright and narrow.Of course that straight and narrow maybe a mud covered hill with a nice drop off next to it barely able to handle the width of a 10 year old and his bike but I will let you go confidently...LOL.So are we going to have a whole bunch of the VX's there or what?????:group:

AnalogVX
01/04/2004, 04:17 PM
At least 2 maybe 3.:D

yal^
01/04/2004, 06:20 PM
3 for sure :yes:

AnalogVX
01/05/2004, 03:28 PM
This really shaping up! There are now 12 vehicles for sure going and could be as many as 16! And I am not including the jeeps that may be coming. Anybody else? I know a couple people were a bit disappointed at not going to Attica at the last VX meet, but here is your chance. This will be a great time to play in the snow. Everyone is welcome from stock to modified so there will plenty to do. At some point in time the modded guys usually break off for more challenging terrain after hanging out with the stockers so it's also a great time to hone some off-road skills and pick their brains as well.

yal^
01/06/2004, 03:54 PM
There is a question for you guys.

I checked the route to Attica. Maybe I am wrong, but you Analog and maybe you, Nocturnal will have to pass the junction of toll 294 and I55. This is exactly where I reside, so maybe, just maybe we could meet up somwhere there and arrive togheter in fashion to Badlands?

Or if you are meeting other people somwhere else, can I join you?

I really do not want to drive alone there... please :mbrasd:

yal

AnalogVX
01/06/2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by yal^
There is a question for you guys.

I checked the route to Attica. Maybe I am wrong, but you Analog and maybe you, Nocturnal will have to pass the junction of toll 294 and I55. This is exactly where I reside, so maybe, just maybe we could meet up somwhere there and arrive togheter in fashion to Badlands?

Or if you are meeting other people somwhere else, can I join you?

I really do not want to drive alone there... please :mbrasd:

yal
Sure, we can drive together. Nocturnal usually drives down the night before and gets a room. he can't handle the 4:00am wake up call!:snooz: :rolly:
It takes just about 3 hours to get there. I'll be leaving at 5:00am and should be there by 9:00am Indiana time. We can meet at the Hinsdale Oasis on I-294 just south of 55th Street at about 5:45am? The resturant is closed but the gas station is still open. There are a couple of other Greater Chicagoland area people making the trek too, we may not have to drive alone. Others will post their intentions on the Wire as we get closer to the day I'm sure.

yal^
01/07/2004, 01:09 PM
5:45 it is then :)

FIEND
01/07/2004, 05:38 PM
5:45AM???I didn't realize there was more than one 5:45.I only see it once a day so I figured the other was a myth....hmmmmm...odd?So we have 3 VXers going?That's great.We haven't had that many since the first meet some 2 years ago.Of course that's when VCamillo still lived in the green lands...LMAO

yal^
01/07/2004, 08:21 PM
ahhhh...
so how does it feel? I see 5:45 twice a day and got to the point where I am waiting for third ;)

Yep, if God lets us and "Big Brother" allows count me in :)

FIEND
01/08/2004, 06:19 PM
SUX!!!!I kid though...I get up at 5:30am to go to work but on a Saturday or Sunday you'd be hard pressed to get my dead ***** out of bed before noon.If my kids will let me sleep then by golly I will...LMAO.

FIEND
01/12/2004, 06:02 PM
Ok gents those that have agreed having me park it shotgun I may just need that again.I have broke the Rodeo again.I just may need a spot...LOL

nocturnalVX
01/12/2004, 09:58 PM
No worries bud! Rich or I will be glad to have you ride shotgun. See you in a few days!:evil:

yal^
01/13/2004, 04:06 PM
:D

Unless Fiend would like to ride with a chick??? ;)

FIEND
01/13/2004, 06:07 PM
well see ...uh...it is well....uh....I would.....See my wife would take some of the finer points of my anatomy and do this neat trick with a nail gun and a 2x10.Shee happens to be just a bit frantic about me riding in cars with chicks(pun on the movie title...nevermind).I guess when you have those flowing long blonde locks and big blue eyes....hey I don't blame her...LMAO.Thanx for the offers and I will see all y'all at the Badlands!!!!!!!

nocturnalVX
01/16/2004, 03:42 AM
Kewlness! One more day, and we'll be wheeling! A buddy of mine is coming with to ride shotgun, so John will have to ride along with either of you two. Can't wait to see you all again, and see how much better these Pro Comps are. See you soon!:clap:

AnalogVX
01/16/2004, 08:19 AM
I'm getting ready now. I have to work tonight and I don't want to be loading up tools and stuf at 4:30am. Anyway, the weather seems to lightening up too. Only calling for some light rains in the AM and 36*.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/47918?lswe=47918&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

FIEND
01/16/2004, 03:00 PM
Well be that way Gill I didn't want to ride with you anyway....:waab:

So I guess I'll ride with "The Chick" if there aren't any objections????:goof:

My wife is already mad at me so I guess stepping over the "line" one more time shouldn't hurt tooooooo bad...LMAO.Not that I'm pushing Rich aside but I have never wheeled with a chick so it'll be different..LOL.See everyone tomorrow morning.

yal^
01/16/2004, 05:17 PM
hahahahahahahahaha....
besides your wife, aren't you scared of me behind the wheel??

just kidding :D

welcome aboard, fasten you belt and get ready.

yal, "The Chick" :p

p.s.

happy to have someone with me, who knows which way should I turn the wheel...

omegavx
01/16/2004, 07:10 PM
lol yal!!

I really wish I could make this meet, but I have to work. I took last week off so now I'm way behind. I'm definatlly in on the next meet and I look forward to meeting you since we're so close fiend.

AnalogVX
01/18/2004, 05:25 AM
The day went with out any major carnage. The weather was cold with light rain pretty much all day. But I really think no one really noticed! Had a Tropper with a fuel pump issue halfway thru the day along with a 4-Runner loosing a skidplate and Nocturnal cracked his front turn signal lens and bent his safari bar pretty good. Other than that, I believe everyone made it thru without any issues. Gotta wait to clean up today to see if anything else pops up. Gil your new ProComps ROCK! And Yal was fearless. Yal, I still don't know how you made it thru the areas where I was high centered. I had a great time! Even ran into a guy I haven't seen in about 10 years. His group bailed at the last minute but he came to Attica anyway with his Jeep and I didn't know he joined up at the back of our line. Small world.

FIEND
01/18/2004, 09:24 AM
I had a BLAST!!! It was great seeing everyone again.

A special thanx to "Throttle Jockey",even though I didn't get to drive my Rodeo you made my day a little more exciting than usual:freek: .When you come out in the spring I hope to see a lift and maybe a little less skinny pedal because next time you're behind me...LOL.

Hopefully Rich and Gill will come up with a few more inches of ground clearence.All in all I had alot of fun.Hope to see you in the spring.

yal^
01/18/2004, 02:34 PM
Thx a lot you guys :)

It's been a long time since I had so much fun!!!

FIEND, it was entirely my pleasure to make your day exciting :evil:
And thx for guiding me. I'll miss you next to me in the spring ;)
Are you sure you want to be in front when we come out in April?

Analog: I do not know how I did it either. It was all FIEND's doing, or maybe like you say I was just fearless. But I had a blast!

Nocturnal: I am sorry those "bad rocks" messed up you safari bar and lens, but Rich is right, with those ProComps your VX would win the prettiest truck contest, even as dirty as it was. FIEND is completely in love with it :)

I'll see you all in spring!

p.s.
I'll post pictures later on.

FIEND
01/18/2004, 05:27 PM
I hope to see some pics soon.I saw the Yota guys pics and movies on the wire but I have yet to see any Zu pics.Let's have them people you have had 24 hours to get them on...LOL.

yal^
01/18/2004, 05:34 PM
you got it FIEND.

The pics are on in my gallery (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3066&ppuser=569&thumb=1)

Enjoy. Hope you like them :)

nocturnalVX
01/18/2004, 06:56 PM
The Badlands in such a fun park! I had a great time, and my buddy that was riding shotgun has new respect for the VX. I'm sure he's not going to dare me to go over curbs anymore now that he's seen what it can do. However, I can't believe how torn up the "Green" trail is... I'm going to need a lift for sure, but hey if I didn't get hung up, Toyo_runner96 wouldn't have gotten to use his winch, right? Oh, and speaking of getting stuck... I got to rescue a Jeep Rubicon! Where did he go after that? ;Dy; Once again, I find that I have much better luck climbing than decending. Kasha, you did great and entertained us all (not just John)! Rich, I'm glad you were there to debate the sanity of a few lines! Great seeing everybody again, and meeting the Toyota guys. See you soon!

Oh, and for some reason Shutterfly isn't letting me upload my pics, so I'm going to post them here soon.

FIEND
01/19/2004, 02:32 PM
Just for giggles I had to post to tell all y'all what I saw on the Wire.Yal has a name over there now so she could tell me about her photo's over here.It's Throttle Jockey....LMAO!!!! What a great day...I was talking about it all day today.Hopefully in the spring I'll have all my new digs on the Rodeo and maybe you VXers will have gained a little heith as well.Let me know if anyone is coming down before the spring run that I'm still working the date out on and I'll be glad to come see ya!!

SGT.BATGUANO
01/19/2004, 05:27 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it. Didn't have the huevos to see what the trails would do to $4k worth of yoko and coddington street shoes, not to mention that they're 295/45/20's. My winter tires arrived sat., Pirelli Scorp S/T 255/55/18.

FIEND
01/20/2004, 03:03 PM
Well sir you would be suprised.I used to laugh because these guys were coming out with 18" bling bling's and gym shoes and following all of us in our hiking boots just fine.I don't know why you VXers get to have a vehicle that can go wheelin with road rubber and not get stuck when I have MT's and usually have someone drag me around half the day...LOL.No more though...should have some cash soon and all the hieght issues as well as driveline issues will be gone!!!I thought 3" was enough but was you start on the path to the darkside you can never come back.

nocturnalVX
01/21/2004, 06:14 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/501/80cnv0017.jpg

O.K. people... here they are.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b341b8ad847f

Sorry it took so long to post them, but Shutterfly was giving me trouble, and I didn't want to go through the hassle of re-sizing each photo to put them on my gallery here. Hope you like them!

AnalogVX
01/22/2004, 09:03 AM
Cool pics! I wish my camera hadn't crapped out on me that morning.

FIEND
01/22/2004, 02:33 PM
Nice pics Gill....seem to have alot of you tuggin that Jeep out.Was that a Rubicon?????LMAO!Great shots though....those in the cab shots don't do those hills justice.

yal^
01/22/2004, 02:47 PM
shhh... John, don't say anything about those hills anymore. I still want to cry when I think about that ice on them, and those trees so close together, and... ;eekg;

and enough with those Jeep jokes already... because we DO understand ;Db; ;Do; ;Dp; ;Dr; ;Dy;

Gill, great pics, thx.

pees.
I talked to my VX, and he told me he wants to go play again. I promissed, I'll prepare him better this time.

AlaskaVX
01/22/2004, 02:51 PM
Whats going on here with the winch? Did you really need to be winched downhill?
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4df01b3127cce86a2cbdac8ed0000000610

Howcome everyone has a toe strap hanging out the back of their car, when they are at these parks? What would be the reason for that?

yal^
01/22/2004, 02:58 PM
AlaskaVX, Gill should tell you, since he was hung up on that rock.

About straps - it sort of good luck thing ;) .
FIEND lent me his strap and it worked!!! My VX took me through all obstacles without problems... well, I did so well, because I had awesome people guiding me :yeso:

AnalogVX
01/22/2004, 03:02 PM
My luck ran out...TWICE!:p

nocturnalVX
01/22/2004, 05:00 PM
First off, yes I got stuck going DOWNHILL!?! :rolly: I was hung up on a rock under the transfer case skidplate & frame crossmember. Analog was going to yank me off it with his tow strap (that's why everyone has them when off-roading), but the poor guys in the sweet 4 Runner hadn't had a chance to use thier winch yet, so we went that route. The park is getting pretty tore up & rutted by guys with big lifts/tires using too much skinny pedal. It gets worse every time I go there, and thus those of us with fairly low ground clearance end up stuck sometimes. I'm very glad I went with the Pro Comp tire! I would've been screwed with my old Duelers on my 18" bling-blings. Looks like Calmini is going to get my buisiness after all! ;) Fiend... you crack me up! Oh, and Yal... how did you like what I wrote about Tone's brake light flasher in that other post?

AlaskaVX
01/22/2004, 05:34 PM
I see said the blind man to his deaf son!
But as for the tow strap I understand you need them when off-roading but why have them hanging out like in this pic
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4df38b3127cce86a2cbf70de00000000610 :confused:

nocturnalVX
01/22/2004, 05:48 PM
The tow straps are attached via shackles and stowed inside for quick use when needed. It saves a little time, and you don't want to be kneeling in water or mud. Just hook the other end, and tug!

yal^
01/22/2004, 05:58 PM
Of course AlaskaVX could not be satisfied with simple girlish answer "for good luck" so let it be - for convenience. :)

I get it, you can laugh now.

Gill, I am having problems to find post you are talking about :(
Help please... I promise to respond.

FIEND
01/24/2004, 10:13 AM
Straps are kept like that so I don't have to get caked in mud while putting a shackle on.I hate getting muddy but yet I go wheeling all the time.Dosen't make much sence why I do this stuff now...LOL.Alot of people don't have a place for a shackle to go and then I get caked with mud while rolling around under the vehicle looking for a spot to tie to.In short we keep the shackles hanging out the back for good luck.

yal^
01/24/2004, 02:29 PM
John: :grino: