PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Ironman still going strong.

David
01/15/2016, 09:27 AM
I have 155k and not much to complain about...brakes,tires,etc. I have just replaced the throttle body ,water pump. The only mod was a trailer hitch to hold a small dirt motorcycle. It still is a very cool ride.

Bill Brown
02/12/2016, 10:31 AM
Finding a cheap and easy fix for my binding windows (http://www.vehicross.info/showthread.php/27250-Windows-Binding-Problem-Fixed-for-3-in-3-minutes) problem made my '99 Ironman feel like new, again. With just under 67k miles, only serious repair issue was getting the ABS module repaired for $99. Biggest hassle was removing the module. Paid an auto shop to treat the headlight lenses, so they are almost as clear as new. Replaced all exterior incandescent bulbs with LEDs, except for headlights. Replaced headlight bulbs with Sylvania 9003 SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulbs.

Had Best Buy's Geek Squad install a Kenwood KDC-BT755HD radio deck in place of the stock sound system. Use an iPodnano version 6 in place of the 6-CD player (now a handy storage bin).

Day after driving home from the dealership in '99, removed the "Ironman" hood decal and "Isuzu" letters from the back door. Even before buying my VX, decided those oversized gaudy decals had to go. Attached an Isuzu Trooper rock guard plate for extra off-roading protection. Did a fair amount of off-roading in SW Texas. Off-road exploring (& hiking) in Big Bend NP, Texas, was always fantastic.

Fortunately, never had any drivetrain problems.

Still enjoy passersby asking if my ole '99 Ironman is a new model.