PDA

View Full Version : Red/Black Interior color code??

JesseB
12/08/2015, 12:07 PM
Hey guys, Im looking for the color code for the Red interior. Im wanting to repair a few cracks in my seats, and every "kit" needs a color code to match....any ideas?

ipd
12/08/2015, 02:15 PM
Repairing cracks is hit or miss from what I've seen. You probably have a better shot at having a good shop keeping the embossed pieces & reskinning the rest.

ahdoman
12/08/2015, 11:15 PM
Look up a company called "Rub N Restore". It's a really good product, nice part is it's not a spray but it rubs into the leather. They are local to me and I had them custom match the red to my interior. Just tell them you've got a Vehicross and that you need the red dye for it. They put it into their formula book when they replicated it for me. It won't "heal" the cracks but it will seal them and make them less noticeable.

JesseB
12/10/2015, 04:52 PM
thank you! I went to place the order and it looks like someone else from the forum was placing an order as well, so we were able to split the "custom remix fee" !

ahdoman
12/10/2015, 11:29 PM
Cool, glad it worked out. When you go to use the product don't be freaked out if it looks like it's streaking. It goes on lighter and will blend as it dries. Just make sure you clean the leather real good. Also, don't put it on too thick, be patient and do thin coats, keep your sponge damp and rinse it clean with every coat. I first used the product on the interior of my BMW. I changed the color so it took about 6 coats. As a result, it took A couple of days for mine to dry completely color fast. Now I can use cleaners and it doesn't affect the dye. The dye will dry to the touch pretty quick but depending upon the amount of coats you do will make the dry time longer.

JesseB
12/11/2015, 08:40 AM
Thank you very much! How would you recommend taping off the black parts (just regular painters tape?). I'll probably just go over every red part on the front two seats and just dye the whole red section as opposed to the little parts that need work. (cracks,wrinkles...etc). I decided not to use their black because I would think I could use some black shoe leather type dye for the little marks on my black part, but if I like the process and results of the red a lot, I may just order the black as well!

ahdoman
12/11/2015, 11:38 PM
If you bought their cleaner have that available to use if you get any of the red on the black. It cleans it off real good. You can use painters tape but because the dye is fairly thin I wouldn't count on the tape stopping it.

JesseB
12/12/2015, 09:53 AM
Ok great! Thank you....they also recommended to use a small brush for the tight spaces and bring it out enough with the brush, that the sponge wont have to worry about getting any on the black! I think I will tape it as well just in case!

When you did yours, did you have any cracks in the seat and did it help hide them / fix them?

ahdoman
12/12/2015, 10:59 PM
It won't fix or hide the cracks but it will fill them in making them less visible. My BMW was pretty bad. The leather was a little dried out and it was cracked. The dye made the cracks less noticeable.

JesseB
01/02/2016, 10:12 AM
Yes it did, although you can take some sandpaper to it if you want to make it even better!