PDA

View Full Version : Why I love our VX

simonsayz1
11/17/2015, 01:29 PM
Doesn't matter what he is doing, if I say we need to work on the VX he's the first one out.

My little mechanic has helped me:

Rear springs
TB crank
Radiator replacement
Power Steering hoses
Radio and speakers
CV axles
Spark plugs
Replacing front seats
LED's all around
Shock's (3 out of 4, last one we could not get and took it to local shop)
Cut off Valve
Charcoal canister
Bungee window trick
MAf
TPS
EGR
Replace passenger side cladding
First to offer to check oil!!

MSHardeman
11/17/2015, 03:23 PM
Awesome!

Maybe he's just angling to get the VX as his first car when he's ready to drive. :thumbup:

JoFotoz
11/17/2015, 03:48 PM
Love this thread... :bgwo:

Jo

simonsayz1
11/17/2015, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys! Proud of the little man

He's gonna have to pry it out of his sisters hands first! She drives it.

BUT....she is painfully aware it's my VX, I just let her use it.

I think my wife posted a pic on the facebook page of my daughter hugging it when it went to get transfer case replaced. She made us drive to see it on a Sunday just so she could "hug her little monster"

Mile High VX
11/17/2015, 04:56 PM
VX Obsession...one illness you don't mind passing along to your kids...:happyface

My kids were grown when I caught the bug and I can't get them to hang around long enough to get infected...LOL

Enjoy them while you have them home...nothing more precious than family.

MSHardeman
11/17/2015, 05:05 PM
I totally caught my car bug from my dad. I remember many long nights out in the garage with him when I was younger, learning how things went together and how all of it worked. I also learned how to hold a flashlight steady. :laughing: He and I still hang out in the garage when I go home for a visit.
Excellent memories that you are creating now with your son.

simonsayz1
11/19/2015, 04:47 AM
MSHardeman can you teach him how to hold the flash light steady :) I think 8 out of 10 times I hold it for him!! Think he's tired of me saying " righty righty, lefty loosey".
When we finished the LED's he took one of the old bulbs so he could show kids at school proof that he actually works on the VX :) He says no one believes him.

MSHardeman
11/19/2015, 08:35 AM
I have a ton of experience with flashlight holding. :yes: The problem with having a young boy hold a flashlight for you is that they get easily distracted, which was my problem. While my dad was elbows deep in the engine bay, and I was supposed to be holding the light on something that he needed to see, I would see something else that would catch my eye so I would lose focus on where the light was pointing. A quick "Hold the light steady." would snap me back to the task at hand. I learned a lot about cars being out in the garage with him and he is still my go to "guru" when I have a car question.

Best memories ever!

simonsayz1
11/23/2015, 08:17 AM
My daughter drove the VX for the first time in snow over the weekend with the TOD fully functional (replaced transfer case over the summer). So she walks in the door and says "Oh Dad, I love 4 wheel drive....it's sooo nice"

Happy Dad :):)