PDA

View Full Version : heat not working

zadam123
10/15/2015, 05:59 PM
When I turn on my heat my window fogs up and it is not blowing out hot. Maybe lukewarm at best. When I turn on my defrost it instantly defrost the window so that is working. But I freeze. There is no antifreeze smell or wet spot on passenger carpet.
Any ideas what this can be. There are times when I turn the heater on it comes out a little bit harder than other times but don't know why.
Any ideas on the best portable heater for a car? Winter is coming and don't want to freeze

Y33TREKker
10/15/2015, 06:49 PM
Are your coolant levels in the radiator and the reservoir good? How long since the coolant and/or radiator cap has been changed? Check the simple stuff first, because after that things like the heater core and thermostat start becoming possibilities.

You want to make sure your coolant is in good shape anyway (can be checked with one of those $1 testers), because if it's not, once the outside temps start falling below zero inadequate coolant quality can result in more serious engine/block issues.

zadam123
10/16/2015, 06:13 AM
Coolest was changes about 1yr ago along with cap so still should be good.

Y33TREKker
10/16/2015, 12:22 PM
Coolest was changes about 1yr ago along with cap so still should be good.
Did you actually check the current levels? No harm in double-checking since "should be" is not always the same as "is."