PDA

View Full Version : Convertable VX for Sale

mleaky
12/09/2003, 09:23 AM
VX (http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=149836252&dealer_id=&car_year=2001&make=ISU&distance=any&max_price=&model=VEHICROSS&sort_type=year&advcd_on=n&end_year=2002&min_price=&certified=n&address=85233&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1998&=&color=&cardist=1576)

Not my car, but I thought you guys would find it interesting.

Triathlete
12/09/2003, 09:30 AM
Holy &$(#! That is the VX2;eekr; ;eekr; ;eekr; ;eekr;
Anita here is your chance. Put up the house if you have to!:dance:

Anita
12/09/2003, 09:35 AM
OMG

;eekr; ? ;eekr; ? ;eekr; ? ;eekr; ? ;eekr;

This cant be the original that we all know about. Wasnt that one a one a 99? I am positive that it had the 99 climate controls (plus a lot of the controls were fake.. just for looks).
That VX-02 was badly damaged in an accident while on a car carrier several years ago.. the top was smashed down. It was fixed ($$$$$$). Everyone at the LAVX meet back in 2001 all got a chance to drive it after it's extensive repair...

I wish I could get it... someone needs to give it a nice home.

On Your Left
12/09/2003, 09:38 AM
Bargain at only $18k. The seller is in the Atlanta area if anyone wants to know. Too bad I just bought mine from there last month, although I didn't pay quite that much.

This isn't a VX2, just a modified VX for show, right?

JT

AREA 51
12/09/2003, 09:49 AM
Did they ever get ant kind of actual top working or on it? I never saw it with a top up. 24/7/365 roadster?

Anita
12/09/2003, 09:52 AM
The concept of the VX-02 was that it would be a voice activated retractable hard top. But that was the concept not the reality. The cab is totally open with no back seat (Just a 2 seater). Not sure what was under the fiberglass back cover if anything.

Capri
12/09/2003, 09:58 AM
not very practical without the top - I'm about to buy mine later this week..would of gotten it if I can afford to pamper it (it certainly deserves it!!)

ron
12/09/2003, 09:59 AM
I HIGHLY doubt that this owner is actually selling a VX-O2! First of all, Isuzu wouldn't part with their beloved prototype. They'd destroy it rather than seeing it passed to another hands. Besides, there's way too much liability issues concerning the structural integrity of a modified convertible VX. Also, if I do remember correctly, upon close examination of the interior at the LA meet, everything was all protyped. Meaning, it was not functional and for presentation purposes only. You couldn't even drive the O2 onto the streets since it may not have been street legal. Though, I'm sure many of us were tempted to do so, including myself :mbrasd: . There was no actual roof made for the O2. It was just implied. The headlights didn't even work either.

So, I'm sure that the owner just took the photo of the O2 off the web to attract any potential buyers for their VX and probably didn't realize that they were posting an image of the convertible prototype.

Sorry to rain on anyones parade or hopes. ;)

Cyrk
12/09/2003, 10:01 AM
Just got of the phone with him... not the convertible, he is sorry for being misleading... and it is sold anyway.

Nice guy we are going to try to meet up in Atlanta. he has 2 other VXs, said he restored Mercedes and had done a neat treatment on the front to his 2000, he is going to email me the photos.

FYI Ron he was trying to contact you for 3 skidplates...

-Dave

Anita
12/09/2003, 10:03 AM
That sure stirred us up in a hurry!!!!!

;Dr;

ron
12/09/2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Cyrk
FYI Ron he was trying to contact you for 3 skidplates...

-Dave

That's funny. I tried to get in touch with him too regarding his prior inquiry of the 3 plates he was interested in ordering. I thought he lost interest at the time. I'll try again. Thanks for the heads up Cyrk!

Originally posted by Cyrk
he has 2 other VXs, said he restored Mercedes and had done a neat treatment on the front to his 2000, he is going to email me the photos.
-Dave

Yeah, I had a long phone conversation with him a while back and he's a very nice gent. Along with the 3 skidplates, he was interested in sparking up my interest in designing some stuff for the Mercedes SUV market. It turns out that he's a successful entreprenural and enjoys creating accessory parts for his Mercedes as well as his 3 other VXs!

Dallas4u
12/09/2003, 10:19 AM
I'm sure he is a nice guy, and we are all relieved that he didn't get the VX-O2 and all... but this pic is so misleading! He is selling a VX in AutoTrader and obviously has a pic of something different.

I wouldn't be too happy if I was looking for a VX, saw this, then went to look at it and saw something almost completely different. :(

VX_PA
12/09/2003, 10:21 AM
Cyrk,

Did you happen to mention this site in your conversation with him. 3 VX's, he's the man. Oh wait and Mercedes too!!

Cyrk
12/09/2003, 10:30 AM
Of course... he has been trying to get onto the site, but no luck?

Said he contacted Scott and he already had a username and password? not really sure what is up there.

tomdietrying
12/09/2003, 10:43 AM
Is that Ron's front skid plate on the convertable VX? It looks a little different. If it is not Ron's, where do you think they got it from.

Tom

Dallas4u
12/09/2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by tomdietrying
Is that Ron's front skid plate on the convertable VX? It looks a little different. If it is not Ron's, where do you think they got it from.

Uh, I think Isuzu made it themselves, along with the rest of the VX-O2.

Anita
12/09/2003, 11:28 AM
That IS a pic of the VX-02. When we had the Los Angeles meet, we got to see, touch and even drive the convertable. Ron took extensive pictures and notes on the skid plate with the idea of making it (as well as many other goodies. Ron's VehicrossConcepts.com is a product of that as well as his own imaginations, talent and love for the VX.

Talented guy... ;Dr;

Cyrk
12/09/2003, 11:41 AM
3 cheers for RON... :)

tomdietrying
12/09/2003, 02:14 PM
I wonder about this guy. First, he puts a picture of the wrong vehicle for sale. And Second, under comments, he puts "OWNED BY ISUZU UNTIL 10/03".

Call me skeptical, but it looks and sounds like a like this guy was trying to deceive someone.

SGT.BATGUANO
12/09/2003, 09:02 PM
As was mentioned earlier, he's an entrepreneur.

AndyC
12/10/2003, 08:03 AM
Well My 2001 VX was owned by Isuzu until 3/22/2002. Untill I bought it :)