PDA

View Full Version : VX Start-Up Idle Issues

VX-FAM1
10/02/2015, 08:10 AM
I could sure use some help to figure out what is causing my vehicross to have problems at start-up. When I go to start me vx the idle goes up around a 1000 rpm then drops to 400-500 rpm - sometimes surging between 500 and 800 rpm, but will most likely just die unless I give it a little gas to catch it.
This problem is always worse after it has been driven and up to temperature. I am not sure why it worse when the engine is hot. I have put new spark plugs in it, cleaned the throttle body, new IAC valve motor, TPS new, and a new ECT sender. None of these has corrected the problem. Hoping someone has experienced this problem or knows what I should do next. Thanks,

ipd
10/02/2015, 03:53 PM
FPR. Just had mine replaced, and that fixed the hard-start issue, and the idle seems to be smoothed out too. I'd start there.

VX-FAM1
10/05/2015, 05:55 AM
Thanks - I will check into it. Do you have any idea if the FPR can be affected by heat/temperature? Because my problem worsens after the vehicle has been driven and the engine and/or engine compartment is hot/warm.

ipd
10/05/2015, 05:47 PM
I don't know specifically, but that seems to mirror my issues. Warm start was always a bit harder than cold start.

Ironman1
10/09/2015, 05:57 AM
I had the same problem and it was my MAF sensor. I replaced it and she idles perfect. 😃