PDA

View Full Version : Most economical aftermarket MUFFLER/EXHAUST and FRONT SHOCKS?

louweed
09/28/2015, 07:29 PM
OK after putting new tires, new brakes, radiator, alignment, oil change, etc. (and whats left of my soul into my VX) I still need to replace the muffler and front shocks. links to any replacement parts online? the cheaper the better! thanks as always. :winkgray:

ipd
09/28/2015, 08:48 PM
Are you having an exhaust shop do the swap, or are you doing it yourself? I'm asking because a shop can probably custom-fab something up without you having to order--but it depends on the shop & the extent of what needs to be replaced.

I'd throw an HKS SuperDrager on there if only they'd ever made one. Best sounding exhaust ever made. :)

louweed
09/29/2015, 03:26 PM
me do it, ha! nope just going to local mechanic or midas. my muffler has a hole in it. not sure about the exhaust pipes but again looking for simple fix nothing fancy.

ipd
09/29/2015, 05:44 PM
Well either way, I'd advise BOLT-ON for your exhaust, not welded on. Pay extra to have them weld flanges on--if you have to. It's MUCH easier "down the road", if you have to service something later.

Is your Cat good? If not, I've heard a lot of good things about Random Technologies...and I'd start there (unless you find a good stocker for cheap).