PDA

View Full Version : VehiCross Book Complete History (in-depth description and story from design to build)

tysamigo
08/31/2015, 11:44 PM
As many of you know, I am a collector of everything VX since 2007. I've seen tons and tons of stuff over the years, but this is the first time I've ever seen such a DETAILED description of our beloved VehiCross. I've not seen a longer publication dedicated to VehiCross (this is 70 pages long). Although it has tons and tons of pics, unfortunately it is in Japanese.

I have a few questions:

On page 40 (on the JDM model), I noticed that there is a "hidden" area on the Receiver Area. Look at the most bottom left pic. What is that? What is it showing there?

On page 46, does anyone have one of these special door sills?

On page 47, does anyone have one of those Thule Racks? Are they still available somehow?

On page 47, at the bottom of the page, does anyone have one of those sub boxes?

But the most important question and the primary reason I posted this...

Does anyone know Japanese that could translate this for us? I'd be happy to create an English version if I had a translated copy. Does anyone know of someone that can help translate this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36sI_p17FKKaWVaWDFtR0lfVUU/view?usp=sharing

Tyler

ahdoman
09/01/2015, 12:15 AM
That roof rack looks like its a standard Yakima or Thule from the late 90's. I've got the same kind of racks on Pearl but I like the OEM' much better. The profile is so much lower. In regards to the basket, check eBay. I've seen them on there before.

HuzpazA
09/01/2015, 12:35 AM
the hidden spot looks like a cassette player.. or a nifty place to stash things =)

the door sills look a bit like
http://www.vehicross.info/showthread.php/26957-Custom-VehiCross-Illuminated-Door-Sills
i like the looks of the above mentioned ones better ^

and i dunno anything about the rack or sub box/cd changer thingy

DutchKiwi
09/01/2015, 03:59 AM
Page 41 - hidden receiver compartment is the Mini Disc Cartridge receiver. Was in my one till I removed the receiver...
Page 46 - sill plates - Got them, but the rubbers are ageing and splitting. Will also have to get them polished...!!

VX KAT
09/01/2015, 08:53 AM
the door sills look a bit like
http://www.vehicross.info/showthread.php/26957-Custom-VehiCross-Illuminated-Door-Sills
i like the looks of the above mentioned ones better ^

Those are Tyler's sills you referenced, Tyler (tysamigo) is the one asking about the JDM ones.

blacksambo
09/01/2015, 08:57 AM
I've got one of those Japanese books, too. Just got it off eBay.

ipd
09/01/2015, 04:11 PM
MY LEFT NUT....for a 3 spoke steering wheel.

p.s.
Has anyone made a hood insert like the concept car? If I ever mod my insert, that's what I want to do with it. Vents behind the radiator is THE ABSOLUTE BEST way to vent heat from an engine bay. Not that I ever have a hot engine bay in my twin-turbocharged moneypit of a GTO...

VX KAT
09/01/2015, 11:58 PM
MY LEFT NUT....for a 3 spoke steering wheel.

p.s.
Has anyone made a hood insert like the concept car? If I ever mod my insert, that's what I want to do with it. Vents behind the radiator is THE ABSOLUTE BEST way to vent heat from an engine bay. Not that I ever have a hot engine bay in my twin-turbocharged moneypit of a GTO...

Contact member "mikemol" (Mikhail). Real nice guy, I've dealt with him for several years. VXorado bought his 3 spoke from him last year.
He lives in Canada, but is from Russia and he was getting some of them last year (and the fender mirror). Ask if he has any left or more on the way.

ipd
09/02/2015, 05:35 AM
Will do. But has anyone figured out how to splice the JDM SRS system into the US spec SRS system?