PDA

View Full Version : Fort Meade, FL Meet next weekend

Joe_Black
12/07/2003, 06:33 PM
Okay folks, just got back from some site prep and firewood cutting down on the south 40. Man, is it going to be a beautiful weekend for a meet! Should be like this weekend, clear & sunny with temps ranging from low 50 to 70 or so.

Here's the address for you Internet map junkies:

513 Pool Branch Road
Fort Meade FL 33841-8524

Most maps show the actual location in the wrong area of the road, it's further down the road. It starts out as asphalt but turns into a clay road after which you go not quite a mile. We have a 16' galvanized gate on the left just before a white house with steep green roof (and a ton of holiday decor!) on the right. Watch the road and stay in the center as it's privately maintained and the "maintained" part has been neglected! I'll have a sign up by the gate. Come straight back towards the pines in the path you'll see.

When you enter Fort Meade's city limits watch your speed. It's a sleepy little town and they like their new LIDAR and VASCAR setups!

Let me know if you need any specific directions or information. For those attending PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU PLAN ON ARRIVING! Also, email or PM me if you don't already have my cell number.

See y'all there!;Do;

Heraclid
12/07/2003, 08:00 PM
It's interesting to run a Mapquest search for driving directions on this one. It gives you directions to Ewing Rd. only, and highlights a route that puts you there as well. When you zoom in on it, you can see Pool Branch Rd. in the same frame and it even has the end destination marker over Pool Branch Rd., but that's not where it shows you to go. Interesting, huh?

-x-
12/11/2003, 07:54 AM
Any type of itinerary (sp?) for tha weekend? Was plannin on riding down early sat, but i could make fri night....

....also just interested in wha cha got lined up for sat joe :D

See u guys soon...x

(Pssssst Joe PM me your # again bro)

Joe_Black
12/11/2003, 09:00 PM
No real itinerary, just some VX socializing. Of course, I'm counting on you to see how much air you can get off the pasture moguls! ;eekg;

I'll have signs up where to turn off 98/Broadway and at the gate. Flourescent orange with a big black "VX".

-x-
12/11/2003, 09:12 PM
But of course, im most definately game & please dont forget to send that # my way, i dont like being lost in the country seen to many scary movies....x

Joe_Black
12/14/2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks for making such a successful event! We had beautiful weather up until early Sunday morning, so -x- missed out on his desire for wet pasture.;pg;

Two new additions to the meet-scene we're able to attend: Jonathan from Tampa with his Ironman and Chris and Sandra from Miami with their Dragon. Chris dazzled us with his grill-skills, fixing a feast Saturday night that rivaled the Isuzu Iron Chefs of Uwharrie's best offerings.

Rounding out the field were Alex from Orlando with his Ebony who was followed in by David from Jacksonville with his Astral.

Hopefully we'll get some photos up soon and will be looking forward to January!

Oh, I'd appreciate it if whoever took Caterpillar pics could forward me some. Thanks!

Moncha
12/14/2003, 04:23 PM
Here's a link to the gallery for your photos if you'd like.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=555&thumb=1

Heraclid
12/14/2003, 06:25 PM
Thanks Joe for hosting a great weekend for your fellow VXers! It was great meeting everyone and hopefully we'll all be back together in January.

Chris, thanks for posting pics - I have a few also and will try to get them up soon. I need to get with it and get a digital camera. LOL! Can't wait to see some of that video Alex has, too. :-)

Jonnie
12/15/2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Joe_Black

Oh, I'd appreciate it if whoever took Caterpillar pics could forward me some. Thanks!

T'was me. I put some additional pics in the gallery.

Jonathan

Joe_Black
12/15/2003, 09:30 PM
LOL! Thanks! Joe Dirt?!?!? Oh my! ;pg;

I should've hooked the winch up and let the VX's play tug o' war!;eekg;

Heraclid
12/17/2003, 03:51 PM
Ever see "Joe Dirt"? I wonder what you'd look like with a mullet. LOL

Joe_Black
12/18/2003, 05:29 AM
Ummm, let's not! ;pg;

Heraclid
12/18/2003, 04:06 PM
Hey, I was photoshoppng one and you're lucky I got lazy halfway through it.